Rocky 3 Motel destroyed by fire used in Miami vice

alleycat

Very good Matt.  Didn't know that.  Tried unsuccessfully to figure out where in Vice that seedy Calif. place was filmed.  Should have thought of Glades but my excuse is I've never been that interested in locations out of Fla.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Very good Matt.  Didn't know that.  Tried unsuccessfully to figure out where in Vice that seedy Calif. place was filmed.  Should have thought of Glades but my excuse is I've never been that interested in locations out of Fla.

I remember it was stock footage Jim and this dive hotel was also used in Rocky III in 1982.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the "Glades" scene and the Hotel Lorane isn't just any part of the footage.  It's the most important part - the setup shot of the hotel where Switek & Zito are watching the witness.

lorane.jpg

lorane2.jpg

• Like 2

On 24/12/2017 at 4:12 AM, airtommy said:

I just watched the "Glades" scene and the Hotel Lorane isn't just any part of the footage.  It's the most important part - the setup shot of the hotel where Switek & Zito are watching the witness.

lorane.jpg

lorane2.jpg

Great airtommy