Dr. Daytona says Hi.

Dr Daytona

In the Eighties and Ninties, I made the most accurate Daytonas in the U.S. as Turn -Key cars called the Daytona GTS, as well as Building Every Version out there of the Corvette windshield kits. If anyone needs parts for McBurnie type kits,or any Kit, the parts are still available for repairs etc.Right to whole kits. Feel free To Message me if you need help. We still Build the GTS on a limited basis also. Go to www.FerrariDaytonaReplica.8m.net if you want to see some of our Daytonas, Clearly the most Beautiful Ferrari ever Made!!!Mike

Welcome and your timing is great as I'm having one of these bounce around in my head lately....We'll definately talk soon!! Enjoy the site!! Mike

Hello Mike and a special welcome from me indeed!I have actively been searching for a Daytona for the last couple of years. I tried to make a deal on one a few months ago by trading my Offshore Speed Boat for it but the guy was not into boats.As soon as my Stinger 260 sells I will definitely be buying one of about nine that I have scoped out for sale across America.I have narrowed it down to two definites as they are standard shifts and also black.I did look at a wreck in California but it was too far to bring back at a reasonable price.Do you still have the moulds for the outer shell? I saw a set of moulds for sale on Ebay a few months ago and they got scooped up. Personally I don't own a chopping gun but I know some boat builders that could blow the mould for me. Too bad I did not get a chance to scoop the moulds as I also considered buying them. You know..."you snooze...you loose"I did find a car here in Canada but it was in very rough shape. The doors were all split and the hood was burnt as there was a carburetor fire! I took a pass on the car and now it too has dissapeared?

www.FerrariDaytonaReplica.8m.net if you want to see some of our Daytonas, Clearly the most Beautiful Ferrari ever Made!!!Mike

Welcome, Dr Daytona and I too have had an interest in the Daytona replicas for quite some time. I went to your site and noticed the comment "These are not Miami Vice type cars..." and am curious what you are trying to contrast? Thanks and, again, Welcome!

the first thing i noticed was mr. daytona's more accurate seats, which are very different from the MV daytona.

• Administrators

Me wonders if he is going to be an active participant on this board and join us for conversations about the show, or is he just trying to sell his cars here??? :confused:Click ---> §3Advertising commercial websites is not wanted. Links to private websites – without offensive, vulgar, racist, sexist or any other damaging content – may be linked in the website template of the user’s profile.

I think if we are to discuss the differences I can see a couple of obvious ones right off the bat.The seats have been mentioned and the wheel flares are non existant on these (just like the real ones!) In the series Sonny drove the McBurnie cars which had a much wider wheel well opening with flares to cover the wide stanse tires.I also noticed the side vent windows and the way the tailights were arranged.(properly)Nice job Mike! Although if I had to choose I do actually prefer the wide flares if I was to ever get one of these cars. Don't know why I just like the contours...Kind of like the difference between a 65 Shelby and a 67. Much modified wheel openings. I like the 67 much more.I suppose it's a matter of personal taste?

Mike...I am looking at a Daytona right now that I have found but it has the old flip up lights. Do you stock the glass lenses to cover the lights? I would lke to disable the vacuum lifts and just cover the lights to give a more authentic look to the vehicle.

Does mike have a way to contact him on his site to let him know he has questions here. People are starting to wonder if he's going to be a one hit wonder with one post.Mike would make a very interesting member here, ...if he participates.

Welcome' date=' Dr Daytona and I too have had an interest in the Daytona replicas for quite some time. I went to your site and noticed the comment "These are not Miami Vice type cars..." and am curious what you are trying to contrast? Thanks and, again, Welcome![/quote']I believe what he's saying is that these are not the style of replicas that MIAMI VICE used which were based on the real daytona, but his versions try to accurately replicate a true daytona (curved window, side vents, no chrome vice style door handles, less tire flair etc.). I've seen his site before, and the replicas are VERY good copys of the real deal.I'm wondering. Seems to me he's located in the UK, if I'm correct.

No your wrong there Coop, as I checked his phone number."781" is located in the Boston area in MA.Cities in Area Code 781Local Time: 4/13/2009 12:03:20 PM City State Count of Prefixes in City BOSTON Massachusetts 120 WALTHAM Massachusetts 63 CAMBRIDGE Massachusetts 48 LEXINGTON Massachusetts 41 BURLINGTON Massachusetts 27 LYNN Massachusetts 24 NEEDHAM Massachusetts 22 WOBURN Massachusetts 22 ROCKLAND Massachusetts 16 DEDHAM Massachusetts 16

Its not a bad idea or a bad deal for 30k but I've already set my sights on doing it this way if I win the lotteryGet a precicely replicated fiberglass body - http://www.ferraridoctor.com/currentprojects.htmthen fit it to a modernized c4 chasis thats designed to fit a 1963 c2, since with the exception of having a wheelbase thats 2 inches over the daytona's Its dimentionally the samehttp://www.sriiimotorsports.com/196382corvette.htmlthen have these guys do up a 327 v8 for me and install it.http://www.customcrateengines.com/index.htmlthen have these guys do up the interior for me.http://www.dsvettes.com/new/and head to this guy if theres anything else that needs to be donehttp://www.guldstrand.com/

• Administrators
[url=http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=1">

§3Advertising commercial websites is not wanted. Links to private websites – without offensive, vulgar, racist, sexist or any other damaging content – may be linked in the website template of the user’s profile.

Yup. "Dr. Daytona"One hit wonder...

The board welcomes anyone that wants to share new ideas, features, or even products. But if you are here to sell your items without wanting to join our board, then you will be shunned.I'd love to buy a Daytona from him if I had the money. But unless he is going to be an active member of this board along with his pitch for a car sale, then I say, sorry bud! Not welcome! This is a MV site about the show, not your personal sales department.

• Administrators

His post will remain as it is worthy of the site, but it would be nice if he wanted to join our group instead of just selling his cars here.