Just checking in, first post!

BunMVO

Hi all. I'm a pretty unusual newcomer here, as I'm 20 years old! I just recently discovered this community, and it's great to see there are still some real vicers out there and people with the same niche interest. I'm relatively new on the Miami Vice scene, having only begun watching it earlier this year. I've watched the entire series once over. I've even already considered watching it again. I love it so much! The clothes, the music, the cars, the visual style. It's all so great and I truly envy those of you who got to experience the 1980s in all their glory.

Anyway, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Patrick and I live in Minnesota, so not a tropical paradise like Miami! I'm in college. I also work at the USPS. I also own lots of pastel clothing, linen blazers and pants, slip-on shoes and of course, the Ray-Ban Wayfarers. Back in May, I purchased a red 1988 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am that I've put away for the winter. And yes, it was inspired by none other than Miami Vice. I needed a car to match my new style. I'm even growing my hair out to a Season 2 Crockett style.

I'm glad to join this community and I know I'll be among the youngest users here. Thanks in advance for your welcome!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pmconroy said:

I've watched the entire series once over. I've even already considered watching it again. I love it so much! The clothes, the music, the cars, the visual style. It's all so great and I truly envy those of you who got to experience the 1980s in all their glory.

First off, welcome man! Glad to have you aboard!

Second off, what a coincidence! I'm rewatching the whole series too right now and oh man, it's absolutely crazy how I'm able to watch any episode of Miami Vice over and over again and I just don't get bored of it! God bless the writers and actors, the crew of this show. It's become a major part of who I am and I often wonder what I'd do if it were taken away from me sometimes.

• Like 1

Welcome, Patrick to the site where you can get the most info. about Miami Vice.

It's good to see a young man who has the same love for the show as many of the members who have watched it from the start! Enjoy your time here and be sure to ask anything about an episode. Someone will be able to help you. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Welcome, Patrick to the site where you can get the most info. about Miami Vice.

It's good to see a young man who has the same love for the show as many of the members who have watched it from the start! Enjoy your time here and be sure to ask anything about an episode. Someone will be able to help you. :thumbsup:

I Back this up - ask anything :hippie:

On 12/13/2017 at 10:42 AM, pmconroy said:

Hi all. I'm a pretty unusual newcomer here, as I'm 20 years old! I just recently discovered this community, and it's great to see there are still some real vicers out there and people with the same niche interest. I'm relatively new on the Miami Vice scene, having only begun watching it earlier this year. I've watched the entire series once over. I've even already considered watching it again. I love it so much! The clothes, the music, the cars, the visual style. It's all so great and I truly envy those of you who got to experience the 1980s in all their glory.

Anyway, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Patrick and I live in Minnesota, so not a tropical paradise like Miami! I'm in college. I also work at the USPS. I also own lots of pastel clothing, linen blazers and pants, slip-on shoes and of course, the Ray-Ban Wayfarers. Back in May, I purchased a red 1988 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am that I've put away for the winter. And yes, it was inspired by none other than Miami Vice. I needed a car to match my new style. I'm even growing my hair out to a Season 2 Crockett style.

I'm glad to join this community and I know I'll be among the youngest users here. Thanks in advance for your welcome!

Welcome, Patrick! You definitely belong with us, and love your enthusiasm for MV! :thumbsup: You can never be too young or old to love the MV-vibe that still hasn’t died in almost 34 years! :dance2: 

Sounds like you have some cool pastel clothes and Wayfarers...me too! What I love is a lot of the 80s pastels & neons are back in style—and I can look at something now and say “I had that in 7th grade!” Lol! I also have a red sports car...14 Camaro RS (wish it was an SS). Used to have a red 96 Z28 but got T-boned in it back in 13. :eek:

Anyway, glad you’re here...enjoy the best and most in-depth fan site of a TV show on the net! :cool: 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Welcome!  This site is the next best thing to actually having lived during the 80's!   If you need anything just ask and I guarantee you that someone will be able to help!

On 15/12/2017 at 12:15 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Welcome, Patrick! You definitely belong with us, and love your enthusiasm for MV! :thumbsup: You can never be too young or old to love the MV-vibe that still hasn’t died in almost 34 years! :dance2: 

Sounds like you have some cool pastel clothes and Wayfarers...me too! What I love is a lot of the 80s pastels & neons are back in style—and I can look at something now and say “I had that in 7th grade!” Lol! I also have a red sports car...14 Camaro RS (wish it was an SS). Used to have a red 96 Z28 but got T-boned in it back in 13. :eek:

Anyway, glad you’re here...enjoy the best and most in-depth fan site of a TV show on the net! :cool: 

Nice message and welcome