I might be moving to Florida!!

TylerDurden389

Hey everyone, I wasn't sure where exactly on the board to post this, so I figured here in the off-topic would be best. I'm so excited I needed to let other fellow Miami fans know. I recently got an email from HR down in Belle Glade, and I might be transferring there soon!! I've been dreaming of moving to Florida since I was 12 years old, and after finally getting into Miami Vice 5 years ago, I knew for sure I just HAD to get down there someday. Sure, Belle Glade is about 85-90 miles from Miami, but I don't plan on living there, as I wanna still be close to the coast (looking into west palm beach, royal palm beach, and Loxahatchee).

For those of you who saw my thread (Crockett inspired Collection), I did get rid of a few things that I felt were either ill-fitted, or were just too 'loud' (yeah, oxymoron given we love the whites and pastels around here, lol), but I still plan on sportin' those sports coats on the beach someday. I'll make updates for anyone interested.

• Like 6

Congratulations!  Definitely keep us updated!

My wife has lost count the amount of times I said I wanted to move for Florida, but family ties have locked me down to Pennsylvania and the Jersey shore, so consider me very jealous!

giphy-downsized.gif.dd139d60f3732971ca0efec2cca47b3d.gif

• Haha 1

I'm very happy for you because I know how you feel. When I was finally able to leave N.Y., I took my wife & daughter to the Tampa Bay area of Florida. My parents came down a few months later. We visit other family members up North every so often.

14 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Hey everyone, I wasn't sure where exactly on the board to post this, so I figured here in the off-topic would be best. I'm so excited I needed to let other fellow Miami fans know. I recently got an email from HR down in Belle Glade, and I might be transferring there soon!! I've been dreaming of moving to Florida since I was 12 years old, and after finally getting into Miami Vice 5 years ago, I knew for sure I just HAD to get down there someday. Sure, Belle Glade is about 85-90 miles from Miami, but I don't plan on living there, as I wanna still be close to the coast (looking into west palm beach, royal palm beach, and Loxahatchee).

For those of you who saw my thread (Crockett inspired Collection), I did get rid of a few things that I felt were either ill-fitted, or were just too 'loud' (yeah, oxymoron given we love the whites and pastels around here, lol), but I still plan on sportin' those sports coats on the beach someday. I'll make updates for anyone interested.

Very pleased to hear this ! Best wishes - look us all up when you get there !:hippie:

I also say congrats.  I am tied to Iowa for family reasons but Kansas City or Key Largo would be my choices if I had that sort of freedom.  Part of me always wanted to be able to pick up and move anywhere anytime but not too many people get to do that.  Now I have a house too big for just me and too much stuff.  :)  As George Carlin said, a house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff.

Edited by IA-SteveB

I'd head to Ponte Vedra Beach myself!  Saint Augustine is beautiful too. I drank from Ponce de León's fountain of youth. The water had a wretched taste, but I will post here in 100 years and let you know if it worked! ;)

• Haha 1

@ TylerDurden389 : great news, friend. now you need to find a Stinger, to make few Bahamas cruising at sunset. and a 2m croc :). i'm happy for you :thumbsup:

On 15/12/2017 at 3:39 AM, ComplimentsofMrCalderone said:

Congratulations!  Definitely keep us updated!

My wife has lost count the amount of times I said I wanted to move for Florida, but family ties have locked me down to Pennsylvania and the Jersey shore, so consider me very jealous!

giphy-downsized.gif.dd139d60f3732971ca0efec2cca47b3d.gif

Hopefully you will one day!

Great picture:hippie::balloon:

• Like 1

Hey guys, small update. My head boss (the boss of the bosses at my job) told me he got an email from the folks in Florida. The wheels are still in motion. I don't get over-exicted and/or jumped to conclusions fast (in fact I won't even believe it until I'm there, lol), but it sounds more likely that this is happening. According to all my coworkers I've spoken to, the transfer process (even to another state) is actually quite quick. I may be down there by the end of next month!!

• Like 2

Another update. I got ANOTHER response from an even BETTER area in Florida!! I was originally going to Belle glade, which was very far from both my parents, and a lot further from the coast. However, now I got a response from the people in POMPANO!! Only 20 miles from my folks, and probably less than 10 miles from the beach. I am so excited you guys!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Another update. I got ANOTHER response from an even BETTER area in Florida!! I was originally going to Belle glade, which was very far from both my parents, and a lot further from the coast. However, now I got a response from the people in POMPANO!! Only 20 miles from my folks, and probably less than 10 miles from the beach. I am so excited you guys!!

Great my friend! Love Pompano and that area just south of Boca Raton - good luck !:hippie::xmas:

5 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Pompano is 1000 times better than Belle Glade!    :thumbsup:

If you need a place to stay, I've got a friend in nearby Hillsboro Beach who has a spare room to rent.  His name is Phil Mayhew and he's got a swell beachfront pad with furnishings that make you feel like you're in Florida.  :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, airtommy said:

Pompano is 1000 times better than Belle Glade!    :thumbsup:

If you need a place to stay, I've got a friend in nearby Hillsboro Beach who has a spare room to rent.  His name is Phil Mayhew and he's got a swell beachfront pad with furnishings that make you feel like you're in Florida.  :)

Ha ha great ! Last seen fleeing an amusemark Park at dusk in Fort Lauderdale :hippie::xmas:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2017 at 11:43 PM, airtommy said:

Hey, he owes me some money! Tell him to please return my calls. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Hey, he owes me some money! Tell him to please return my calls. 

and me also -  I invested in his ventures after seeing "get outtttt" in his televangelist show with Sarah :)

• Haha 2