Thank you to all who made this show

Assasinge

No real special occasion here today or anything, but looking back on how much I love MV, I decided to just write a short letter to NBC and the producers, actors, crew etc. for putting together a show which has given me memories to cherish and hold onto for the rest of my life.

I'm just very thankful of this show's existence. I don't know what exactly about it is that, when I think about it I'm able to pull nostalgic memories of certain episodes from the first time I watched them. I'm on my second rewatch of all 5 seasons and am starting to realize that this show is so great that I'm able to rewatch each episode over and over again and still put on a smile after I"m done, unlike the feeling you get from watching a movie or something else again after you've already seen it. Every character in that show, be it the main guys like Crockett and Tubbs or others like Castillo, Gina, Trudy, Switek or Stan...or even our favorite comedic talents like Izzy and Noogie...hold a special place in my heart.

It's helped me gotten through high school, oddly enough and I'll never forget the first time I embarked on this journey watching Brother's Keeper. I kept seeing Miami Vice DVDs popping up next to Knight Rider near Costcos and Bjs near me and I thought to myself, "Hm, there must be something about this show that it keeps resurfacing everywhere I go for some reason..." And lo and behold, I didn't know what ride I was in for until I finished the pilot episode. And I was instantly sold. Since then I've been addicted to this show, obsessed probably lol with it but I now consider it an important part of who I am. Sure, I may not be a cool Crockett in a Daytona rollin' around Miami with an alligator, but believe it or not, this show almost seems to have helped me rebuilt confidence in myself just socially!

So that's why I'm thankful for this. Thankful that it seems to almost have turned my whole life around. Every episode I watch is always full of joy and action, and sadness at times too, but that's what makes this show so amazing and great. So God Bless whoever came up with the idea to create this and air it. I might just be a regular kid right now without it.

Edited by Assasinge
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Remington said:

Amen man.

My four loves:James Bond, Miami Vice, rock n roll, and the ladies. Life wouldn't be as awesome without them:):cool:

Aw shoot, forgot to add James Bond to my list lol. It's definitely up there with Vice and Knight Rider. In fact, going off of your username, I'm reminded of even Remington Steele! Good memories of watching that with my dad...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Assasinge said:

No real special occasion here today or anything, but looking back on how much I love MV, I decided to just write a short letter to NBC and the producers, actors, crew etc. for putting together a show which has given me memories to cherish and hold onto for the rest of my life.

I'm just very thankful of this show's existence. I don't know what exactly about it is that, when I think about it I'm able to pull nostalgic memories of certain episodes from the first time I watched them. I'm on my second rewatch of all 5 seasons and am starting to realize that this show is so great that I'm able to rewatch each episode over and over again and still put on a smile after I"m done, unlike the feeling you get from watching a movie or something else again after you've already seen it. Every character in that show, be it the main guys like Crockett and Tubbs or others like Castillo, Gina, Trudy, Switek or Stan...or even our favorite comedic talents like Izzy and Noogie...hold a special place in my heart.

It's helped me gotten through high school, oddly enough and I'll never forget the first time I embarked on this journey watching Brother's Keeper. I kept seeing Miami Vice DVDs popping up next to Knight Rider near Costcos and Bjs near me and I thought to myself, "Hm, there must be something about this show that it keeps resurfacing everywhere I go for some reason..." And lo and behold, I didn't know what ride I was in for until I finished the pilot episode. And I was instantly sold. Since then I've been addicted to this show, obsessed probably lol with it but I now consider it an important part of who I am. Sure, I may not be a cool Crockett in a Daytona rollin' around Miami with an alligator, but believe it or not, this show almost seems to have helped me rebuilt confidence in myself just socially!

So that's why I'm thankful for this. Thankful that it seems to almost have turned my whole life around. Every episode I watch is always full of joy and action, and sadness at times too, but that's what makes this show so amazing and great. So God Bless whoever came up with the idea to create this and air it. I might just be a regular kid right now without it.

I agree - what a great post from you !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Remington said:

Amen man.

My four loves:James Bond, Miami Vice, rock n roll, and the ladies. Life wouldn't be as awesome without them:):cool:

That’s four real great loves there!:hippie:

• Like 1