Mark Zubenko

Sonny's Gray Blazer

Recommended Posts

Mark Zubenko

 

Can you guys help me out, I'm interested in that gray blazer that Sonny's wearing.

Any pics or info about it would be much appreciated.

At the very least I'd like to know all the episodes that it can be seen in.

Thank you very much.

crockett-tubbs-ferarri-daytona.thumb.jpg.5dba42db67efd39e7ef893971f6a3d31.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dadrian
37 minutes ago, Mark Zubenko said:

 

Can you guys help me out, I'm interested in that gray blazer that Sonny's wearing.

Any pics or info about it would be much appreciated.

At the very least I'd like to know all the episodes that it can be seen in.

Thank you very much.

crockett-tubbs-ferarri-daytona.thumb.jpg.5dba42db67efd39e7ef893971f6a3d31.jpg

Have you seen this?

 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Zubenko
1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Have you seen this?

 

Huh, that's exactly it, Dadrian, thanks a lot!

So it's only been worn for that one particular photoshoot... and was it for Popular Mechanics, July 1987?

That thread actually helps a lot, but any chance someone has high res shots from the photoshoot in question?

I really like that pattern for some reason :fireworks:

 

BTW, a little off topic, but I recently found out about this brand: 120% lino

Why have I never heard about it? It's very Miami Vice!

02_1526.thumb.jpg.149d325d5c8f84fc4bb2e8ec9a9152f8.jpg5a3aaeeacd18b_02_1526(8).thumb.jpg.e7b878c56e84d00b1f6f2b11d548ce93.jpg5a3aaeab9e272_02_1526(1).thumb.jpg.cce4ab1f438348f89a29e1a728e697b8.jpg5a3aaed5978bb_02_1526(6).thumb.jpg.730198989bf533af92231f09264b7b8c.jpg

 

Edited by Mark Zubenko
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
codemaster94
53 minutes ago, Mark Zubenko said:

Huh, that's exactly it, Dadrian, thanks a lot!

So it's only been worn for that one particular photoshoot... and was it for Popular Mechanics, July 1987?

That thread actually helps a lot, but any chance someone has high res shots from the photoshoot in question?

I really like that pattern for some reason :fireworks:

 

BTW, a little off topic, but I recently found out about this brand: 120% lino

Why have I never heard about it? It's very Miami Vice!

02_1526.thumb.jpg.149d325d5c8f84fc4bb2e8ec9a9152f8.jpg5a3aaeeacd18b_02_1526(8).thumb.jpg.e7b878c56e84d00b1f6f2b11d548ce93.jpg5a3aaeab9e272_02_1526(1).thumb.jpg.cce4ab1f438348f89a29e1a728e697b8.jpg5a3aaed5978bb_02_1526(6).thumb.jpg.730198989bf533af92231f09264b7b8c.jpg

 

What website sells this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Zubenko
17 minutes ago, codemaster94 said:

What website sells this?

If you're in the US, I'd suggest just going to the official website of the brand http://120linousa.com/ and checking out the nearest resellers.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
summer84

Also featured in these two magazines, which can be found in the download section's Miami Vice category.  :thumbsup:

Some pics I found:

1bc782647b8e62779bbee949c45082a3.jpg

6327c95e63ff7efa0a4cdbb9d934cdcb.jpg

zassi3.jpg.2442cf4e4ecd11c9f311cc4984f202b6.jpg

djmpt.jpg.7c1c3cbb10370774e609b16e74bea00a.jpg

Don-Johnson-Philip-Michael-Thomas-8x10-Photo.thumb.jpg.bf84be3396b36e7a2efc878eb260066a.jpg

5a3c17d6d8be0_superstarspecialmagazine.thumb.jpg.366182be1dd8c6ff8fa189acb1222c6a.jpg

gallery_3_14_6489.jpg

Edited by summer84
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stinger390X

From what I understand C&B owns the actual Jacket!

Boy I miss him. He hasn't posted here in a couple of years now???

C&B had a ton of authentic clothes from the show including my favourite...the blue jacket with the big thick stripes season 2.

I wish clothes like that were available today....................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Zubenko
1 hour ago, summer84 said:

Also featured in these two magazines, which can be found in the download section's Miami Vice category.  :thumbsup:

Some pics I found:

1bc782647b8e62779bbee949c45082a3.jpg

6327c95e63ff7efa0a4cdbb9d934cdcb.jpg

zassi3.jpg.2442cf4e4ecd11c9f311cc4984f202b6.jpg

djmpt.jpg.7c1c3cbb10370774e609b16e74bea00a.jpg

Don-Johnson-Philip-Michael-Thomas-8x10-Photo.thumb.jpg.bf84be3396b36e7a2efc878eb260066a.jpg

5a3c17d6d8be0_superstarspecialmagazine.thumb.jpg.366182be1dd8c6ff8fa189acb1222c6a.jpg

gallery_3_14_6489.jpg

 

Oh, that is just what I needed, especially the New York magazine, with all the brands and prices specified.

Thank you so much, excellent job, detective. :cool:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
On 20/12/2017 at 4:52 PM, Mark Zubenko said:

 

Can you guys help me out, I'm interested in that gray blazer that Sonny's wearing.

Any pics or info about it would be much appreciated.

At the very least I'd like to know all the episodes that it can be seen in.

Thank you very much.

crockett-tubbs-ferarri-daytona.thumb.jpg.5dba42db67efd39e7ef893971f6a3d31.jpg

It’s a great blazer and he never wore this in an episode :hippie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stinger390X
3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

It’s a great blazer and he never wore this in an episode :hippie:

Are you sure about that???

I'm going to have to rewatch some late S1 and early S2 as I remember him in it but I can't recall the episode off the top of my head.

This will be an interesting project for a wintery day.......

Edited by Stinger390X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dadrian
2 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Are you sure about that???

I'm going to have to rewatch some late S1 and early S2 as I remember him in it but I can't recall the episode off the top of my head.

This will be an interesting project for a wintery day.......

Watch the episodes for sure, but you won’t see that blazer. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
8 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Are you sure about that???

I'm going to have to rewatch some late S1 and early S2 as I remember him in it but I can't recall the episode off the top of my head.

This will be an interesting project for a wintery day.......

Definately - it wasn’t worn in any episode as @Dadrian has also said :hippie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stinger390X

Sure is a cool jacket anyway!

I wonder if it is a Versace?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Zubenko
17 minutes ago, Stinger390X said:

Sure is a cool jacket anyway!

I wonder if it is a Versace?

It is indeed Gianni Versace! Retailed at $310 in 1985.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dadrian
9 hours ago, Mark Zubenko said:

It is indeed Gianni Versace!

I always thought so! How did you get this info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Zubenko
9 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I always thought so! How did you get this info?

That's what it says in the New York magazine.

Link thoughtfully provided by @summer84 above)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dadrian
4 hours ago, Mark Zubenko said:

That's what it says in the New York magazine.

Link thoughtfully provided by @summer84 above)

Oops I missed that think. Gotcha. Thanks, Mark and @summer84 ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Zubenko

Just thought I'd share a WIP of a character blueprint for Miami Shakedown game, wearing that blazer, cause that's how much I like it)

Unfortunately, I still haven't found any 3D artists to collaborate with, so I'm sharing this exclusive material with you guys! :)

1.thumb.jpg.c85bbcda56709bd490e43a687a09ecac.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
summer84

Wow, that's awesome! Great job on the character and blazer! The length fits, rolled up sleeves, all of the details/design. :cool:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Zubenko
12 hours ago, summer84 said:

Wow, that's awesome! Great job on the character and blazer! The length fits, rolled up sleeves, all of the details/design. :cool:

Thank you very much for your kind words, I really appreciate it!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voodoo Vice Dealer

Wow! That's great, we really have some serious artists here, I hope you do more of these models, Mark! 

It would be great to have the entire 3d collection of all the clothes worn by MV principal characters (I know that sounds crazy but whatever :) ...)

 

I'll open you all a nice trivia secret about Crockett's 3rd Season wardrobe, seems that some of his t-shirts also appeared in a Miami Vice related movie, which you may already know, Band Of The Hand. Just check these pictures:

- The film was released in April 1986. 

- Crockett's t-shirt made its appearance in ''Baby Blues'' (filmed around July - August 1986)

- Crockett's Ebel wristwatch was also used by James Remar's character.

 

1 baby blues.png

Band of the Hand (1986).mkv_005033918.jpg

Band of the Hand (1986).mkv_005250208.jpg

Edited by Voodoo Vice Dealer
New and Interesting additional material
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Zubenko

@Voodoo Vice Dealer

I do actually have a blueprint collection of what I consider to be the most iconic wardrobe pieces, I really do hope I can find partners to collaborate with and fully realize them.

Interesting! I have some trivia to share as well)

This t-shirt, worn by Rico must have had a stunt double because in a matter of single cut the stripes change their placement :)

5a415703c1285_MiamiViceS1E1-E2BrothersKeeper.mkv_snapshot_01_06.33_2017_08.19_16_41_57.thumb.jpg.5d3b4b7819e0a8dd5872af3bb5f917e4.jpg5a41571839283_MiamiViceS1E1-E2BrothersKeeper.mkv_snapshot_01_06.47_2017_08.19_16_44_25.thumb.jpg.26019279ca52c7c1040bd37f124d0ec4.jpg

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voodoo Vice Dealer

@Mark Zubenko

Wow! I would never notice this heheh :freeze:

Your ideas seem very interesting, but I'm more into filmmaking, besides your models look very professional,  all I could handle is a bit of Photoshop ;( 

Keep up with the modelling! You're very good at it :clap: Just can't get enough looking at your New York magazine Sonny!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now