Assasinge

LA Noire as Miami Vice

Recommended Posts

Assasinge

Been playin' a lot of LA Noire lately, since a good friend gifted it to me. For anyone who doesn't know what LA Noire, or hasn't played it:

 

Basically it's a third person detective game set in LA in the 1940s, post WWII. However, there's a lot of cool perks in the game I'd like to see made into a Miami Vice game (unlike the rubbish we got years back).

 

For example, in the game you often interrogate suspects, be it in the interrogation room or a witness near a crime scene. Your character has three options to pick when a witness answers your questions:

 

1) Truth

2) Doubt

3) Lie

 

You would pick one of these based on whether you think the witness is lying or telling the truth etc.

 

Now I'd like to see the character replaced with Crockett, and replace the doubt option to more pressing like he is in the show to the witnesses/suspects.

 

You have a partner too. I wanna see him replaced with Tubbs obviously.

 

Your car is obviously a 40s vehicle, I forget which one. Replace that with the 365 Daytona.

 

The other characters: Once you get promoted to detective, you start off with traffic, then homicide, then VICE etc. reaching the VICE division I wanna see Castillo replace your current head of operations.

 

I'm not sure about the others like Switek and Zito, Gina/Trudy as side characters in the game, that would require additional scripting and probably revamping that whole segment of the game for them to have presence in the game.

 

The setting: Obviously we can either port the map from Vice City or build one from the ground up for the proper setting.

 

So all this was just a brainstorm I came up with randomly, I don't know if modding the game this way is possible, but if it is at the very least maybe someone can try porting the characters from the crappy Miami Vice game to here? T'was all just a thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
2 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Been playin' a lot of LA Noire lately, since a good friend gifted it to me. For anyone who doesn't know what LA Noire, or hasn't played it:

 

Basically it's a third person detective game set in LA in the 1940s, post WWII. However, there's a lot of cool perks in the game I'd like to see made into a Miami Vice game (unlike the rubbish we got years back).

 

For example, in the game you often interrogate suspects, be it in the interrogation room or a witness near a crime scene. Your character has three options to pick when a witness answers your questions:

 

1) Truth

2) Doubt

3) Lie

 

You would pick one of these based on whether you think the witness is lying or telling the truth etc.

 

Now I'd like to see the character replaced with Crockett, and replace the doubt option to more pressing like he is in the show to the witnesses/suspects.

 

You have a partner too. I wanna see him replaced with Tubbs obviously.

 

Your car is obviously a 40s vehicle, I forget which one. Replace that with the 365 Daytona.

 

The other characters: Once you get promoted to detective, you start off with traffic, then homicide, then VICE etc. reaching the VICE division I wanna see Castillo replace your current head of operations.

 

I'm not sure about the others like Switek and Zito, Gina/Trudy as side characters in the game, that would require additional scripting and probably revamping that whole segment of the game for them to have presence in the game.

 

The setting: Obviously we can either port the map from Vice City or build one from the ground up for the proper setting.

 

So all this was just a brainstorm I came up with randomly, I don't know if modding the game this way is possible, but if it is at the very least maybe someone can try porting the characters from the crappy Miami Vice game to here? T'was all just a thought.

Very good post - I also love LA noir 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assasinge

@Matt5Me too! Definitely one of my favorite games, makes me feel like a 40s Crockett lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony D.

Sounds like fun...............especially with a Miami Vice twist! :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James

The thing with LA Noire, the Vice desk is Administrative Vice, so you're not undercover like Miami Vice, it's more desk jobs and being a Vice investigator. The case which gives me the biggest "Miami Vice" vibe is the Reefer Madness DLC case, because you get the case from an informant and there's some undercover surveillance sequences in there.

If Rockstar used the tools available to them to make a proper Miami Vice game, it could really be something special. But I don't think that will happen anytime soon. They will likely make another Noire game but I doubt it'll be in Miami in the 80s. I was thinking more New York in 1977. Then if they decide to make it a regular series they might go into Miami in the 80s... One can dream. :p 

I love LA Noire, it's a masterpiece. I really do hope they make more in the cop series. It's a genre which isn't touched often, if at all. Not since the "True Crime" series. There's so much they can improve on also, making it more open world, actual random events like GTA V has, etc. They could really make something spectacular.

You mentioned modding, but sadly I don't think modding the game is possible. People have tried but it's built completely different to the GTA series. So I don't know. There's ENB, but as far as cracking into the game to replace cars, maps, and models, I don't think you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
11 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Sounds like fun...............especially with a Miami Vice twist! :thumbsup:

I agree fantastic Tony!:xmas::hippie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
17 hours ago, Assasinge said:

@Matt5Me too! Definitely one of my favorite games, makes me feel like a 40s Crockett lol 

so great Assasinge ! Great work:hippie:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now