Ripped Crockett from the Miami Vice game!

Assasinge

Hey all, I managed to rip Sonny Crockett from the Miami Vice game from 2004 after learning 3DS Max from a good friend! I will be converting him to he works in GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City (obviously). Will keep you posted, and when I'm done Ill provide a link to the necessary files to mod Crockett into Vice City or San Andreas.

Here's a pic of my current state of work:

2018-01-07_08h57_45.png

Edited by Assasinge
  • Like 5

Wow! That would be awesome! 

It would be great to have him in Vice City along with the rest of the Vice Squad. I hope you will release them soon :) 

latest?cb=20100304023944

Good luck with the conversion! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks! Unfortunately I seem to have run into a problem with this Miami Vice game in particular, as opposed to other games I rip from.

Whatever engine was used to create this game seems to have screwed up the way it imports into 3DS Max. 

So, what I mean is, I already tested Crockett in-game in GTA San Andreas so that's good news. However there is no texture mapping for him for some reason, so texturing him might take a while. So expect at least a week or two before I'm able to release something.

59 minutes ago, Voodoo Vice Dealer said:

Wow! That would be awesome! 

It would be great to have him in Vice City along with the rest of the Vice Squad. I hope you will release them soon :) 

latest?cb=20100304023944

Good luck with the conversion! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

That's amazing! Great work! 

The textures have to be in the game files somewhere, as DDS maps or something. Might just have to remap them?

10 hours ago, James said:

That's amazing! Great work! 

The textures have to be in the game files somewhere, as DDS maps or something. Might just have to remap them?

No no, the textures are there. The .dds files exist and Crockett is textured, however Vice City and San Andreas use one single texture file to load textures for pedestrians, and Ninja Ripper extracts multiple textures for Crockett.

So what i would normally do is combine the textures on one single file that I made in 3DS Max’s Unwrap UVW Editor, however in this case,Crockett’s textures simple aren’t showing up in the editor at all. Weirder even is that he’s already textures in my viewport. So my only option is to re create the wireframes for the textures and then combine his textures.

Edited by Assasinge

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Assasinge said:

No no, the textures are there. The .dds files exist and Crockett is textured, however Vice City and San Andreas use one single texture file to load textures for pedestrians, and Ninja Ripper extracts multiple textures for Crockett.

So what i would normally do is combine the textures on one single file that I made in 3DS Max’s Unwrap UVW Editor, however in this case,Crockett’s textures simple aren’t showing up in the editor at all. Weirder even is that he’s already textures in my viewport. So my only option is to re create the wireframes for the textures and then combine his textures.

Oh ok, that is odd indeed. 

Do you have Photoshop and the DDS plugin? Perhaps the format of it isn't compatible with the UVW Editor? From my experience, there's lots of different types of DDS. If you can open it and re-save it, it might be able to read it properly. 

54 minutes ago, James said:

Oh ok, that is odd indeed. 

Do you have Photoshop and the DDS plugin? Perhaps the format of it isn't compatible with the UVW Editor? From my experience, there's lots of different types of DDS. If you can open it and re-save it, it might be able to read it properly. 

I do have Photoshop. And I already ripped two other characters from a game into San Andreas using 3DS Max so it's not a dds problem. As I said before, only Crockett's model from the rip has no texture mapping in the uvw editor, other objects do. But I'm gonna try something today and see if it works.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to announce that I have ported Crockett over to GTA San Andreas finally! With the exception of some minor bugs, this should be smooth sailing and I will put up a download link in a few days!

gta_sa 2018-01-18 21-33-43-48.jpg

gta_sa 2018-01-18 21-33-57-33.jpg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

I"m not a gamer but wow!  This seems seriously cool and creative to me :)

Haha thanks, it sure was a lot of fun working on getting these guys into the game, as their game engines are pretty old and made it harder to rig them to my ped of choice's bones.

4 hours ago, James said:

Now you need the GTA United or GTA Underground map mod and travel to Vice City. :p 

You're right, I do. I could do them for Vice City itself too. Just that I've done so many San Andreas conversions that I don't feel like doing it lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Update: Finally gave Crockett his well deserved jacket and shirt!

gta-sa 2018-01-21 13-40-56-56.jpg

gta-sa 2018-01-21 13-40-58-77.jpg

Fantastic ! Thankyou for sharing - great images:cheers:

• Like 2

Alright last images before I upload all of em to my mod upload link: I fixed his pants to match his suit, also touched up his suit a little bit because the texture was a bit flat.

gta-sa 2018-01-21 20-40-30-21.jpg

Crockett.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

A small addition from my side...

MOD01.thumb.jpg.acde5252ef8557e42910b20aa2170220.jpg

MOD02.thumb.jpg.52c2f1647e956725806f6227f9bc3b0a.jpg

MOD03.thumb.jpg.45f580ad65d1f5ba7c0081cd0c0e08b2.jpgMOD04.thumb.jpg.10438fcc2232f8ac119c77eeb4bcce20.jpg

I'm still testing the player skin models but I'll try to post the download links as soon as possible, so stay tuned :p

• Like 3

Actually when I come back home from my vacation I'll do you one solid and show you a real HD Crockett I made in the style of his Prodigal Son outfit a month ago

Edited by Assasinge
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...