What do you guys wear in the fall/winter/early spring?

BunMVO

I'm curious as to what other Vice fans wear (namely, the ones who like to collect and dress in Crockett fashion) in the fall, winter, and early spring, before pastel colors and white are considered acceptable attire. Do you try to take looks from the later seasons that may look somewhat acceptable in those seasons, or what?

Personally, I just got into Miami Vice last year, and started wearing the clothes in the late spring up until the end of summer, and I totally dropped the look in favor of the dreaded EARTH TONES for the fall. I live in frigid Minnesota, so the clothes I've been wearing have been suited for the weather. I've been favoring more of a classic 1950s look (cardigans and dress shirts, ties, trousers, sneakers, topcoat, gloves, etc. all in very mute, non-Vice colors like tan, brown, rich red, taupe) for the cold-weather season. I don't mind wearing it, I like it a lot, but I'm so tired of it and can't wait to return to the pastels for the summer. I even just recently acquired a pair of pastel lavender linen trousers for $15.99 on eBay in my size, Polo Ralph Lauren. They're great and I can't wait to rock them in the heat.

But anyways, what do you guys all wear in the "off season"? For those of you that emulate Crockett's style, anyway.

When it's early spring/late fall, sometimes I try to just wear extra layers underneath (I never wear slip-on shoes either, at least for now while I'm stuck here on New York), but I also prefer longsleeve button-down shirts in pastel colors. Again, if I get to Florida, obviously that'll have to change (my parents said even now in January, it's still around 80 degrees down there). As for the current below zero temperatures, I go with fleeces, a heavy leather jacket, thermals, and boots.

Edited by TylerDurden389

• Administrators

I personally don't Vice it in winter. I wear canvas shoes (with shoe laces), jeans (and occasionally dark coloured chinos), and a jacket. Either leather or a bomber jacket. T-shirt underneath. If it's really cold I go t-shirt, woolly long sleeve, and jacket over that. Though, being Australian, I live in a warmer climate, Vice style can run through late spring, all summer, and half of autumn. 

I have a black no-collar zip up jacket, very similar to the one Crockett wore in many Season 5 episodes (mine is slimmer fit), that gets me thru most cool/cold days. It looks great with everything. It was $27 on sale at H&M. :thumbsup:

i wear tracksuits almost all the time. for 2 reasons, first when i read how serious the global warming was on Wiki, i decided to drastically change my way of life. and now i move 90% of the time in bicycle. second and probably inherited from my 80s youth, if it's not loose, or baggy i don't feel comfortable. i wear lot of flashy colors T-shirts though. when i move i do it 70% bicycle, 30% scooter, 10% car. this is the kind of stuff i wear

Yc6gB56.jpg

Edited by jpm1

• 4 years later...

I usually wear black wool coat or a peacot (not military, elegant type of). I'm from Russia so sometimes it's pretty cold when it's winter and I have to wear a thin puffer vest under a coat. So I dress in Vice style only when it's spring and summer.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Here in Portugal on the days there is no sunshine during the winter months it is Jeans, Boots, T shirt with Cardigan. Or Jeans, T shirt and Leather Jacket or Trench coat (for that Vampire look) with Dr Martens Boots or Chukka Boots depending on my mood.