Miami Vice Quotes 2018

timm525

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Now I can’t remember which said which :)  Wrong episode though  close!

I bet @miamijimf knows! :thumbsup:

Really?  ?(

45 minutes ago, timm525 said:

"Only if I can sleep on it." (Crockett)

Tubbs to Crockett in Shadow in the Dark. 

Got it right there Tim again, just need to zero in on the the right episode.  It's kinda sketchy but wouldn't obsess over it. :p

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Got it right there Tim again, just need to zero in on the the right episode.  It's kinda sketchy but wouldn't obsess over it. :p

Well I'm at a total loss then because I keep seeing Crockett and Tubbs laying back at their desks late at night with a mountain of files Gilmore has them looking though when Tubbs says that to Crockett and Crockett replies. 

I give up. ?(

1 minute ago, timm525 said:

Well I'm at a total loss then because I keep seeing Crockett and Tubbs laying back at their desks late at night with a mountain of files Gilmore has them looking though when Tubbs says that to Crockett and Crockett replies. 

I give up. ?(

Guess my hints were weak....remember when C&T were reviewing psych profiles in another Ep?  

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

“You wanna go halves on a couch?”

character and episode + 10 pts for the witty comeback :p

I think this quote was from season 2.  I can't do any better than that, though.  And I'm not even 100% sure about that. 

In the "Shadow in the Dark" exchange, which is somewhat similar, Sonny says he's willing to continue working if the reports are written in Braille.  I don't think any reference to a sofa is made here.  

5 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Guess my hints were weak....remember when C&T were reviewing psych profiles in another Ep?  

LMD, perhaps?

40 minutes ago, mirrorimageegamirorrim said:

I think this quote was from season 2.  I can't do any better than that, though.  And I'm not even 100% sure about that. 

In the "Shadow in the Dark" exchange, which is somewhat similar, Sonny says he's willing to continue working if the reports are written in Braille.  I don't think any reference to a sofa is made here.  

In Shadow in the Dark, Crockett said he wouldn’t keep looking at files unless they were in Braille. Maybe that’s what you’re thinking of. 

38 minutes ago, mirrorimageegamirorrim said:

LMD, perhaps?

Yes! Just before they break the case. :thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, timm525 said:

Good grief....I just watched LMD two days ago! :o

Me, too! I caught that line for the first time that I can remember. It never registered with me that Tubbs (or Crockett?) was alluding to seeing a psychiatrist, and Crockett (or Tubbs?) was just sleepy. :) 

• Like 1

For the record, I don’t try to memorize the dialogue when I watch the show. The sound of it has just became part of my brain over the years—phonetically. Like “we’re your new runners, Glide” is an exact recording in my mind. When I think of that scene, I can hear it like it’s playing out loud. Is this how it works for anyone else here?

Right now I’m hearing Hank Weldon say “you guys are starting to sound crazy” :):):) 

• Like 1

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Me, too! I caught that line for the first time that I can remember. It never registered with me that Tubbs (or Crockett?) was alluding to seeing a psychiatrist, and Crockett (or Tubbs?) was just sleepy. :) 

You've lost me on this one? 

16 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

For the record, I don’t try to memorize the dialogue when I watch the show. The sound of it has just became part of my brain over the years—phonetically. Like “we’re your new runners, Glide” is an exact recording in my mind. When I think of that scene, I can hear it like it’s playing out loud. Is this how it works for anyone else here?

Right now I’m hearing Hank Weldon say “you guys are starting to sound crazy” :):):) 

I just read the line and the scene comes into my head. Or at least used to. Now it seems some of the lines and scenes are a little misaligned.

7 hours ago, timm525 said:

“You wanna go in halves on a couch?” = “Wanna split the bill on a shrink?”

”Only if I can sleep on it” = “I’m tired of looking at these files”

9 hours ago, timm525 said:

I just read the line and the scene comes into my head. Or at least used to. Now it seems some of the lines and scenes are a little misaligned.

I was recalling in that scene C&T were looking at LMD drawings  with some accompanying profile notes, presumably written by a shrink. (I never made any connection with the couch comment to a shrink. )

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Great catch there!  Never thought about it like that.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Yep agreed. Never put he couch and shrink together. Looked to me like they were exhausted and just waned to sleep.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Since we're already talking about LMD, and you mention this, this episode's climax is recorded in my memory thanks to the hypnotic effect of "This is what you want, this is what you get." repeated over and over.  One of the best episode finales of the series.  

Edited by mirrorimageegamirorrim
  • Like 2

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I have a constant loop of Vice quotes rolling around in my head. When I post a quote I just sit and think for a minute. Sometimes I'll pick an episode and go through it in my mind til I come to a quote that sounds good. On rare occasions I will pop in the DVD just to check for accuracy! ;) 

• Like 1

And here I thought it was tough as a Bond villain. :p

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

“I took a memory course.”

character and episode please 

Crockett to the arms dealer (Clizer sp???)  in Irish eyes. 

1 hour ago, timm525 said:

Crockett to the arms dealer (Clizer sp???)  in Irish eyes. 

You pulled the name right out of your hat! :p

Nice work!