Share a picture of where you live.

BrlnMV

Hello. I know that we all live all over the map. So what about sharing a picture of the city you live in. Take your own pic, no internet pics please. I will start...

This is Berlin Germany.. 

20180126_125950.png

• Like 8

Dordogne, France European union (old town). not my pic, but in my view a very good and representative one. plus it's winter right now, not really good for photography (lot of rain). maybe in spring i'll post another pic ;) (if God lends me time of course)

Edited by jpaul1
  • Like 4

Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas - Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil  (Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon)
It´s not near my home, but its where i do walk.

IMG_20171215_092110990-EFFECTS.jpg

• Like 9

My wife took this picture nearby a few years ago.  Now it's on some realtor's site.  Our place is third from the right, top two stories. 

pw18004453-residential-1gftuw4-l.jpg

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas - Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil  (Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon)
It´s not near my home, but its where i do walk.

you live where you are, or somewhere in the background

@ pahonu: i know there are lot of burglars nowadays, and you want to be careful. but can you provide at least the city name :)

Edited by jpm1

Here's one that shows my old Columbia 28 sloop Irish Mist slipped downstairs.  It has the green canvas.  That's my son's inflatable kayak on the starboard deck.

My wife's kayak and mine are on the fingers each side of the slip.

f_PW17051773.jpg

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

The arrow is pointing to  another unit.  We're just to the right, outside the image.

Edited by pahonu

1 hour ago, jpm1 said:

@ pahonu: i know there are lot of burglars nowadays, and you want to be careful. but can you provide at least the city name :)

No Worries.  We're at Marina Pacifica in Alamitos Bay, Long Beach CA.  :thumbsup: 

A burglar has a 1 in 570 shot of finding my place in the complex.  :D

• Like 2

On 28/01/2018 at 4:44 PM, pahonu said:

My wife took this picture nearby a few years ago.  Now it's on some realtor's site.  Our place is third from the right, top two stories. 

pw18004453-residential-1gftuw4-l.jpg

Interesting you are in Long Beach, Ca - I’m in Los Angeles presently 

• Like 1

On 28/01/2018 at 10:47 PM, jpm1 said:

The city is Rio de Janeiro, smart ass.

View of marina on Manatee River that flows into the Gulf of Mexico.  Bradenton, Florida.  Kinda like Miami back in the day, not huge, good beaches, warm weather, and everybody is from someplace else.

Bradenton-Florida-downtown-riverwalk-marina.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, jpm1 said:

west is better than east?

That depends on your age, interests, and other factors.  Fla is the 3d most heavily populated state with at least 21 million people, growing tremendously so if you like small towns you must really look around.  Like most people I went where the work was and was lucky to be offered a job on the W. coast.  I liked it so I stayed, slightly less expensive for one thing and was tired of moving every 3 or 4 years during a long Army career.  Still sentimentally attached to the E. Coast and visit whenever I can.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, miamijimf said:

View of marina on Manatee River that flows into the Gulf of Mexico.  Bradenton, Florida.  Kinda like Miami back in the day, not huge, good beaches, warm weather, and everybody is from someplace else.

Bradenton-Florida-downtown-riverwalk-marina.jpg

I'm always intrigued when I see marinas with wood posts like this and not the floating docks and concrete piles I'm used to.  The tidal range here in Long Beach today surpassed 8 feet and is typically around 6 feet.  Miami's maximum is 4 and often 2 feet or less.

• Like 1

On 26.1.2018 at 2:29 PM, Dadrian said:

Rome, Georgia USA

um..for some reason, in my mind I somehow have always associated you with the Netherlands, no clue why.

41 minutes ago, daytona365 said:

um..for some reason, in my mind I somehow have always associated you with the Netherlands, no clue why.

:) 

I lived in Texas for 25 years, so my accent is far from Dutch. Just ask @Ferrariman :p

I live across the lake from Ferrariman in Niagara.  I tell everyone I live in Niagara Falls but that is because most people know where that is. I used to actually live just above the Falls in a town called Chippawa. I could see the mist of the falls from my front porch of my house.

I later moved to Port Weller which is just BELOW the Falls near the mouth of the Niagara River which flows into Lake Ontario. I live on my boat in my Marina which I have been a member of for more than 20 years, 14 years now with MY VICE.

Niagara Falls.jpg

DSC02749.JPG

• Like 10