Little Miss Dangerous

Marco Falcone

Just finished watching this episode, as I’m re-re-watching the whole series in order.  

This might move up into my tops list...

Damn.

Top 3?  5?  10?

Okay, so a “top” list with this show is really hard, because as you watch it again (and again) the top list keeps expanding.   But this episode...  

First of all.  FIONA.  Was she not the the perfect physical embodiment of Nugent’s title tune?  (And so soon after “Definetely Miami.  Magic!)  Another of those casting choices, that looking back on the time with the experience of the now, was the PERFECT embodiment of the mid-‘80’s ultra-vixen.  Sorry Tawny.  Fiona could “dance” on the hood of a rusty Ford Maverick and I’d be searching Auto Trader for another one.  (Yes, I just admitted to having owned a Ford Maverick.  I was in college.  It WAS a Grabber with a 302.  With a Kenwood auto-reverse tape deck and some sweet Pioneer 6x9’s on the rear deck.  I don't have to tell THIS crowd what tapes where in the case.)

Second;  the banter between C and T...  During the shake-down.  In the office.  On the street.  So crisp and clean and REAL.  That’s exactly the kind of sh*t partners say to each other when they get a sweet-on for someone they most definitely should not get a sweet-on for.  (Like a gorgeous 20-something who works part-time at a Sephora that got robbed as part of a serial robbery crew you are working.  Or the Deputy D.A. who your working the case with whose middle name might as well be “she’s-not-worth-losing-another-half-of-your-pension-after-another-divorce”)  

Third:  More killer montages.  Cat walking down the middle of the alley, walking in the water in the central gutter, with the “Do Not Enter” sign in the background.  The Daytona rollin’ hard, again.  (NEVER gets old.). The whole “Sex World” bit.  Hell just call it what it is.  So dirty, no apologies ‘80’s Miami.

Fourth:  Special details.  Trudi limping on her hooker heels after the shakedown, cause she’s been working in them all night.  Switek and Zito shlumping along and putting the woo-sha on the media outside the S.R.O.  Tubbs’ conversation with Jackie in the safe-house with the spontaneous “I love you too” then the Holy Moly walk-back.  Crockett schmoozing and flirting with the crazy bag lady for intel, then buying her some beer.  (There was a group of street urchins I was working on an attempt homicide case who ASKED for Milwaukee’s Best.  I told them since the Sheriff’s Office is buying, how about something GOOD?  They all cried out in unison “Milwaukee’s Best!”  That’s what they got.  Their info turned out to be good.  Surreal...)

Fifth;  Fiona.  One more time.

Oh, and a heavy Sixth; this forum.  Where 30+ years later you can share, RANT (in CAPS), reminisce, and wax poetic about one the greatest moments in television.  

Thanks.

Edited by Marco Falcone
Punctuation. (It’s important!). And some other stuff.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. Evan
2. Smugglers blues
3. Shadow in the dark

Not in order.. writing these I have changed my mind a couple times.. Can  I say top 25? This is really hard. The truth is there's only 3 epis that I didn't like too much otherwise I think they're all tops!! I could say smugglers blues I've watch the most.. 

5 hours ago, BrlnMV said:

1. Evan
2. Smugglers blues
3. Shadow in the dark

Not in order.. writing these I have changed my mind a couple times.. Can  I say top 25? This is really hard. The truth is there's only 3 epis that I didn't like too much otherwise I think they're all tops!! I could say smugglers blues I've watch the most.. 

Top 25 great !!:hippie::)

• 9 months later...

No female can compete with Fiona's serial killer performance, she was unbelievable, you can see as clear as day that she gave off a real impression that she was damaged inside, and what I thought was creepy was she had those serial killer eyes, which is a common trait, like when you look into them nothing is there. 

Her performance was astonishing. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3