Miami Travel Guide For Vice Fans

airtommy

We frequently have members who are visiting Miami ask us what locations they should visit.  We usually struggle to give a good answer.  Speaking for myself, for so many years I've been so wrapped up in finding obscure locations that I can hardly remember any the important ones. 

The point of this thread is to produce a list of the most important Miami Vice filming locations.  I think we can brainstorm a good list if we work together.  I'll update this post as we go along.

Most of the locations in the restaurants and bars thread will be included here:  http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/12738-miami-restaurants-bars/

Let's start with South Beach.

• Winterhaven at Ocean & 14th -  No Exit teaser, Bushido teaser (the public bathroom in this scene has been demolished and replaced)

• The Carlyle at 1250 Ocean Dr was used in Brother's Keeper, Back in the World, One Eyed Jack.

• The Victor Hotel at 1144 Ocean Dr was used in Cool Running, Junk Love, Phil the Shill, Little Miss Dangerous, Heroes of the Revolution.

• The Park Central at 640 Ocean Dr was used in The Savage, Death and the Lady, Asian Cut.
  • Scarface chainsaw hotel 728 Ocean
  • Espanola Way & Collins Senor Frog's
  • Espanola & Washington Clay Hotel,  the block of Espanola between Washington and Drexel - used MANY times before and after it was painted pink (Cool Runnin, Give a Little, Borrasca, Freefall)
  • Post Office at Washington & 13th (El Viejo, Down For the Count)
  • Lincoln Road between Washington and Alton (Hit List, what else?)
  • Villa Casa Casuarina at Ocean & 11th -  Versace murder, Leon's place in Brother's Keeper
  • (farther away) Gina's apartment 1205 Meridian Ave, Zito's apartment 734 10th St
  • Scarface chainsaw apartment is right on Ocean Dr

What else is there in South Beach? 

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 4

455 ocean drive (ex Woodys) with backyard used in too much too late 

club Deuce

the disco from buddies in James Ave (forgot the number)

Royal Palm hotel at 1500 Collins Ave block

the house from Victims of Circumstance on Miami Beach drive 

nemo hotel from Ted Tape and Miracle Man and the block next door from good collar all around 1st Street

the shelborne at 18xx Collins from buddies

MB Police and back entrance at Drexel Ave (Asian cut, everybody's in show biz)

new location find : the university from Leap of Faith - Miami Beach city hall

and so on and so on

But: don't we have a different maps here on the site where most locations are pins that fans could print out????

PS I wi be in Miami end of March and can dedicate one day for location touring if someone's interested!

• Like 4

• Administrators
vor 7 Stunden schrieb Tom:

PS I wi be in Miami end of March and can dedicate one day for location touring if someone's interested!

Last year I planned to go to Miami in spring. Unfortunately the plan remained a plan.

I will come back to you after buying my flight ticket ... :p

Must be a special something to visit Miami with one of the location sleuths. Right Jim? :cool:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tom said:

But: don't we have a different maps here on the site where most locations are pins that fans could print out????

I think we used to have a map with pinned locations but I think that may not be an option on the latest software.

But maybe it's worth asking @James  ?

38 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

I think we used to have a map with pinned locations but I think that may not be an option on the latest software.

But maybe it's worth asking @James  ?

We've discussed it several times and I think the conclusion is that the map has been lost forever.

12 minutes ago, airtommy said:

We've discussed it several times and I think the conclusion is that the map has been lost forever.

Yep I do know it has been discussed and was not an option...was just thinking perhaps if there were a new software update that might have this feature. 

I want to do a Miami/South Beach location touring trip very much....and I know someone who has made many trips there in the past, whereas I have only over-nighted there at the airport on the way to places further south. 

Thank you @airtommy for putting this list together of location sites and restaurants. It is really helpful to someone like me who knows so little about these locations. :thumbsup:  I look forward to reading about more hot spots. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Here's a map option that I think James, Timm, and other computer wise members should look at.  I used it before and it worked well, you can integrate photos, video, and even music with locations and it was free.  But that was several years ago when I linked it to my now defunct LMD site.  Please let me know what you think.

https://www.zeemaps.com/

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 3

Amazing I was able to find my old password and the link to my old zmap.  Still there.  Check it out. You have to copy the web address and paste it in your browser.  Some of the links are to videos that are old or no longer available etc.

https://www.zeemaps.com/view?group=984455&x=-80.176061&y=25.833400&z=5

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...