Attention Location Fanatics! [Volunteers needed]

James

• Administrators
8 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Here is the Tale of the Goat Map.  Looking for the music at the very start of the teaser and at the end while Tubbs is exchanging shots with Legba with the drums.  Dadrian are these just unpublished Jan Hammer cue's?

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2915672#

Added! 

11 hours ago, Dadrian said:

As far as I know, @miamijimf .

I will double-check ASAP. I will try to lift them and share them with you if I can. 

That would be great Dadrian.  The weird music from the teaser is here. 

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

That would be great Dadrian.  The weird music from the teaser is here. 

Okay I’ll make it happen ASAP. 

I love all those MV trailers on YouTube. Really great work. Is the person who made those a member here?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/27/2018 at 9:49 AM, daytona365 said:

I'm aware it's only the volunteers...I have the interest and I totally dig the idea, that's why I checked out Zeemaps to better understand how to do it. Time may be a limiting factor but I will take a shot at Smuggler's Blues. I still think it would make sense to apply a naming convention, e.g. Miami Vice - S0XEXX - %Title%

Finally completed the map for Smuggler's Blues! I hope I did not miss anything. While doing it, I found the missing location for the "La Araña" club in Cartagena, where C&T receive a sample of Grocero's merchandise. Here's the link:

Miami Vice - S01E15 - Smuggler's Blues

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 2

• Administrators
15 hours ago, daytona365 said:

Finally completed the map for Smuggler's Blues! I hope I did not miss anything. While doing it, I found the missing location for the "La Araña" club in Cartagena, where C&T receive a sample of Grocero's merchandise. Here's the link:

I'll add it to the list, but I'm not sure if we can use zeemaps anymore because they decided to get greedy and limit the amount of views on free accounts and none of us wish to support them after that move. 

1 hour ago, James said:

I'll add it to the list, but I'm not sure if we can use zeemaps anymore because they decided to get greedy and limit the amount of views on free accounts and none of us wish to support them after that move. 

Very nice work Daytona.  It's a shame that zeemaps changed their policy.  I was planning on creating more episode maps but won't do it now.

23 hours ago, daytona365 said:

Great work finding the club.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Very nice work Daytona.  It's a shame that zeemaps changed their policy.  I was planning on creating more episode maps but won't do it now.

Thanks. There's an export function in Zeemaps, so we can maybe salvage everybody's work so far and transfer it to some place else.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, daytona365 said:

Thanks. There's an export function in Zeemaps, so we can maybe salvage everybody's work so far and transfer it to some place else.

Interesting. Might look at this export function and see what we can use it with. 

Edit: We can't use that.

But what does everyone think of Scribble Maps? I'm not sure if they have any limits for free accounts, it doesn't specify. But they have more options than ZeeMaps, lots of different pin styles, and looks a bit more professional maybe? 

I done a test and placed one marker (The Carlyle in Yellow).

https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/test/tRvaEtLAao

I can also embed these maps on the website.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/location-maps/scribble-test/

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2018 at 10:38 PM, Matt5 said:

How did you find the club? @daytona365

I roamed the streets of the La Perla district on StreetView looking for the club itself until I was almost ready to give up. Then I watched the scene again and thought I should rather try to find the warehouse sort of building where they walk around the corner, because that seemed a bit more distinct. When I was quite sure  I had nailed that one down in 3D aerial view I went back down to street level and from there it was easy.

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1