Good places for Summer dates

JonnyDaytona

Thought I would help break in the site with a new topic...Summer is upon us and with it summer romances, I wanted to get some opinions on good places, hopefully fun and original ones.Here are a couple that come to mind:-renting a jet-ski at the beach (providing you are near a beach)-Mini Putt (fun competition between two people)-Visiting an outdoor antique market or art show (you are surrounded by conversation pieces which always helps) -Drive in Movie (Not Movie theater, but Drive In so you can still talk and have a bit of privacy without rising the ire of fellow patrons) -Iced Coffee, walk on the beach.-Motorcycle ride (if possible)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gstien

• Morgana

• little miss dangerous

• crocketsgrl

My ideal summer date would be alone, catching up on some sleep...I am such a boring soul, I need to get me one of them new fangled life things everyone is talking about!

My ideal summer date would be alone' date=' catching up on some sleep...I am such a boring soul, I need to get me one of them new fangled life things everyone is talking about![/quote']At least that's a cheap date, I'll give you that! :cheers:

I was called that recently by someone I work with!Four of us went out for lunch... I bought the drinks for me and my friend, and I refused food because I have a phobia about eating in front of people. My colleague said: we must do this again, I can buy you a glass of water or something, you're such a cheap date!

Now theres a chat up line if ever i heard one! lolAs I live near the beach most of my dates feature the beach at some point so i would go with those suggestions. Although perhaps not the jet skis...they are all experts & i would get killed. That woudn't bode well would it? lol

- Definitely "Iced Cap's" (or coffee) by the lake/park (on a cool summer evening or any season for that matter)- Your own patio/porch @ home- Outdoor garden centers- Restaurant/Lounge patios*Sheer simplicity is the key to romance*:happy::flowers:;)

Now theres a chat up line if ever i heard one! lol

Well he did accuse me of sexual harrassment the other day, wearing this -----> :D expression... to which I replied "As if you would be that lucky!":p

- Definitely "Iced Cap's" (or coffee) by the lake/park (on a cool summer evening or any season for that matter)- Your own patio/porch @ home- Outdoor garden centers- Restaurant/Lounge patios*Sheer simplicity is the key to romance*:happy::flowers:;)

Sheer simplicity is the key to romance...I'm going to use that line, well put.

That's who LMD is roller blading with, Lou, Viggo is her date. Oh now we are missing her partner in crime, gstien....lol......Jon, We no longer have drive ins, you guys do? I live by the boardwalk and beach that also has a tiki bar with bands, nice on a warm night with a nice breeze!:flowers:

• Administrators

The last drive in by me and Tony D., when he gets this, can confirm this was in Holiday Florida. The drive in had a 30-40 year history. It was torn down several years ago to build a Lowe's.Bummer. I've never been to a drive in.I remember it being there though.

Good places for dates....I can tell you one place not to take a date: the movies! I have never understood why so many people who are just getting to know each other go to the movies. You have to sit there for a couple of hours, and it doesn't give you an oportunity to have a conversation at all. Now that summer is right around the corner, I think an ideal date would incorporate an outdoor activity of some sort. Now I don't necessarily mean something too physical like hiking up a mountain, but some other outdoor activities like putt putt as someone suggested or a nice stroll somewhere.Overall I have to say that I like to sort of plan my dates out, especially when I am getting to know someone. Girls always seem to appreciate a guy who puts effort into making sure they have a good time.So any single Vice girls out there? Mid thirties fellow in South Carolina here...lol. Just imagine, we could cruise to our destination, with the top down, listening to some tunes from the eighties.....Sad I know!

I can tell you one place not to take a date: the movies! I have never understood why so many people who are just getting to know each other go to the movies. You have to sit there for a couple of hours' date=' and it doesn't give you an oportunity to have a conversation at all. Now that summer is right around the corner, I think an ideal date would incorporate an outdoor activity of some sort. Now I don't necessarily mean something too physical like hiking up a mountain, but some other outdoor activities like putt putt as someone suggested or a nice stroll somewhere.Overall I have to say that I like to sort of plan my dates out, especially when I am getting to know someone. Girls always seem to appreciate a guy who puts effort into making sure they have a good time.So any single Vice girls out there? Mid thirties fellow in South Carolina here...lol. Just imagine, we could cruise to our destination, with the top down, listening to some tunes from the eighties.....Sad I know![/quote']I'm sure some She-Vicers would dig such a righteous arrangement.....let's see, DJ was about 35 when MV premiered and the ladies like DJ......I agree about the movies, although the Drive in is the exception. Canada is the last place you'd think to find them, but we have them here!

I can tell you one place not to take a date: the movies! I have never understood why so many people who are just getting to know each other go to the movies. You have to sit there for a couple of hours' date=' and it doesn't give you an oportunity to have a conversation at all. Now that summer is right around the corner, I think an ideal date would incorporate an outdoor activity of some sort. Now I don't necessarily mean something too physical like hiking up a mountain, but some other outdoor activities like putt putt as someone suggested or a nice stroll somewhere.Overall I have to say that I like to sort of plan my dates out, especially when I am getting to know someone. Girls always seem to appreciate a guy who puts effort into making sure they have a good time.So any single Vice girls out there? Mid thirties fellow in South Carolina here...lol. Just imagine, we could cruise to our destination, with the top down, listening to some tunes from the eighties.....Sad I know![/quote']Planning is a good thing. That way you and the lady aren't driving around wasting half the night figuring out what to do. I hate that. 80's tunes,that's all I play in my car. Oh I think also wearing something pastel would be a nice touch.

• Administrators
Planning is a good thing. That way you and the lady aren't driving around wasting half the night figuring out what to do. I hate that. 80's tunes' date='that's all I play in my car. Oh I think also wearing something pastel would be a nice touch.[/quote']At almost $3.50 a gallon here, You better believe that there is a plan and it is near by. :DI know that I'm going to get slammed by the international folks on here that would LOVE to pay $3.50 a gallon for gas instead of what they are paying. :cry:

• Administrators
At almost $3.50 a gallon here' date=' You better believe that there is a plan and it is near by. :DI know that I'm going to get slammed by the international folks on here that would LOVE to pay $3.50 a gallon for gas instead of what they are paying. :cry:[/quote']3.50$ a gallon... I believe dreams come true :D:p

At almost $3.50 a gallon here' date=' You better believe that there is a plan and it is near by. :DI know that I'm going to get slammed by the international folks on here that would LOVE to pay $3.50 a gallon for gas instead of what they are paying. :cry:[/quote']Time to tune up the old moped.......

• Administrators

Anyone ever get the feeling that the oil companies have this overt master plan bring the world to its knees with the gas prices? :D That sounds like a good James Bond movie plot.

Any outdoor restaurant along the lakeshore, as long as it's accesable by my boat!Summer dining and then an evening sunset cruise on the water.

Any outdoor restaurant along the lakeshore' date=' as long as it's accesable by my boat!Summer dining and then an evening sunset cruise on the water.[/quote']The Joys of Stinger ownership!

At almost $3.50 a gallon here' date=' You better believe that there is a plan and it is near by. :DI know that I'm going to get slammed by the international folks on here that would LOVE to pay $3.50 a gallon for gas instead of what they are paying. :cry:[/quote']Say walking distance?