Might take the plunge?

Stinger390X

Well folks................I may have my Stinger 260 sold??? (hopefully) and that means I now have a couple of dollars to throw towards a Daytona.I have actively been seeking one now for over two years and looking them over scrupulously and with suspicion on some! I have found eleven so far for sale across United States and one in Canada, and am narrowing it down slowly.I am however seriously thinking of getting one over in London Ontario next weekend, as I am travelling there to look at it. (only a two hour drive from me)I have seen some nice ones in Indiana, Ohio and NC which are all standards as I am not keen on the automatic version.Wish me luck for the sale of my boat and let the bidding begin for me on these rare Daytonas.

I'm eagerly waiting to live vicariously thru YOU!!!Having BOTH a Stinger, AND a DAYTONA is off the charts cool! (Like having a stinger isn't already enough)! Having BOTH? I mean, who can touch that?? Good Gawd! You'd be in a class all your own.Pal,...I WANNA BE YOU!

:dance2:i hope it works out for you...maybe you can do a video one day of you flooring the daytona, pulling up to where your stinger is, jumping out the daytona, into the stinger and riding far, far away...or the other way around...pulling up to the shore in your stinger, jumping out, getting into your daytona and flooring it far, far away...

:dance2:i hope it works out for you...maybe you can do a video one day of you flooring the daytona' date=' pulling up to where your stinger is, jumping out the daytona, into the stinger and riding far, far away...or the other way around...pulling up to the shore in your stinger, jumping out, getting into your daytona and flooring it far, far away...[/quote']and i'll mail you my crockett costume! :)

Eingefügtes Bild

:dance2:i hope it works out for you...maybe you can do a video one day of you flooring the daytona' date=' pulling up to where your stinger is, jumping out the daytona, into the stinger and riding far, far away...or the other way around...pulling up to the shore in your stinger, jumping out, getting into your daytona and flooring it far, far away...[/quote']btw, if i ever owned a Stinger 390x and a Daytona, that's probably all I'd do on weekends!!! I'm sure family and friends would ask me, "How come you're in such a hurry?!" What do they know, right!?

:dance2:i hope it works out for you...maybe you can do a video one day of you flooring the daytona' date=' pulling up to where your stinger is, jumping out the daytona, into the stinger and riding far, far away...or the other way around...pulling up to the shore in your stinger, jumping out, getting into your daytona and flooring it far, far away...[/quote']Either way works for me!!!!Oh and nofretz, thanks for the offer, but I have lots of my own clothes. Coop and I are like kindred spirits as we have quite a closet to choose from.

Either way works for me!!!!Oh and nofretz' date=' thanks for the offer, but I have lots of my own clothes. Coop and I are like kindred spirits as we have quite a closet to choose from.[/quote']Kindered Spirts? ABSOLUTELY!I have so much clothes, I actually have some in storage at a different location! Not everything is MIAMI VICE, as I have mentioned before, I also collect WW II / Korea leather flight jackets, and any kind of jacket that is of interest to me. Many I just don't wear, but I choose not to part with them.The MIAMI VICE style clothing collection is growing by the day.

Well I'm getting exited!Going next weekend to look at the Daytona convertible. Problem is that it's red and I will have to paint it!I am going flying this weekend with Civil Air Search and Rescue (have to do my civil duty for the common good) and then next weekend its playtime.

Hey buddy, bring a camera!I'm hoping things go well. Don't commit unless you truly want it. I've turned down many a car knowing a better one is right around the corner.Let's hope it's a good one! :thumbsup:

Hey buddy' date=' bring a camera!I'm hoping things go well. Don't commit unless you truly want it. I've turned down many a car knowing a better one is right around the corner.Let's hope it's a good one! :thumbsup:[/quote']I looked at one a few years ago with a burnt hood and the rest of the body had some serious cracks all over it. I could have fixed them but the hood was immensely damaged from a carburetor fire. I now lament that I didn't buy that car. He only wanted seven grand for it at the time! (I should have bought it back then!!! damn..)My friend told me its in Niagara Falls somewhere in a garage all rebuilt as one of my other buddies rebuilt the engine for it. That I know is a fact as I spoke to Joe the engine rebuilder but the guy who owns the car remains a big secret. he wants to be annonmous like our favourite headless friend....hahahahahhahahahaAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh rumours........You know how it is?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok everyone...April fools!Let the flaming begin and don't forget to be gentle with me....................So...what do you think of my pictures of the car at the Marina? Pretty realistic if I say so myself?I did buy a Daytona but it's actually the scale model which indeed I will be painting black.These damn things are so hard to find!!! I have been looking for this one for almost three years until I found one local.I will post pictures next week when I finish the paint job on the model and interior too.by the way... now I can actually concentrate on getting the real macoy!Anyone want to buy a boat?

post-35-13892962908025_thumb.jpg

You completely fooled me!I bought it hook, line, and sinker. :clap:It looks real.I too want a black diecast Daytona in 1/18 scale. Hard to find in a convertible.Nice job.

When I took the pictures today at the Marina I went into the office and showed them to the office gal there. She thought they were absolutely authentic, so I decided to post them.Not bad for a cheap camera?I got a good giggle out of it. I hope you did too?

When I took the pictures today at the Marina I went into the office and showed them to the office gal there. She thought they were absolutely authentic' date=' so I decided to post them.Not bad for a cheap camera?I got a good giggle out of it. I hope you did too?[/quote']You bet!I laughed. I also seriously thought you got one. Faked me out! :clap:

I am getting one as soon as the 260 sells.Lets hope someone buys it.I'm still hot for that black one with the four speed in Ohio.

I have the Red Daytona all apart now and I am painting it on Monday evening. I'm doing it in Sikkens Base/Clear. Hopefully it will look wet and deep? I love it when black shines...I'll post some picks of it after I get it put back together again...

Make sure to not touch the paint for quite a while, even if your tempted. One wet spot, and one fingerprint in wet paint, you'll be kicking yourself.Take your time. It will be well worth it.