.WS 1st Year Report Card!

Ferrariman

• Administrators

VC, I'd like to just add that as an admin, yes I noticed your hiatus. For as long as I've been doing this you just get used to it. People come and go all the time. Some for a few days and some for months. Sometimes I will shoot somebody an e-mail to see if everything's alright but I mostly try not to pry. This is, after all, only a website and people do have lives. As for the site wars, let's just say I know my members and I know who has my back when it hits the fan. ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timm525

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Shill

• Viceman Cometh

And what of others like King of Vice City or Izzie? I want them all back and contributing!

Speaking of Izzie & KOVC, I don't think these 2 have even registered at .ws - at least not under those names. Has anyone got their contact details to remind them that they can join us whenever they like?

Correction - I think Izzie has joined but not KOVC. You gotta wonder how many others there are...

I did an avatar for Izzie for this site. I think he was last on about a year ago. I think he's a Brit like me and Rodriguez

That coincides probably with the initial 'surge' - maybe we lost a few members at the beginning of this year during the 'exodus' - I reckon some of those guys need contacting/reminding to pop in here and see how things have come along - they might be pleasantly surprised at the level of activity we have here now compared to a year ago...

Yes, by all means, let's use my bump of this thread as an impetus to discuss how much we miss other members. Sheesh! Priceless.:rain:

• Administrators

Viceman, I've noticed that for the past several months you don't seem to be a very "happy camper" here. During that time a lot of your posts have been either sarcastic or a complaint about someone or something on the board. You made some silly posts and some of them were deleted because they were inappropriate, not to mention that ridiculous avatar you put up, which by the way, may have gotten you banned if Caipi had saw it. I have to ask the question, why? :confused:I'm wondering why you have this hostility and why if you don't enjoy being here, then why did you come back? I'm not understanding this, we are all supposed to be here because we share a love for Miami Vice and enjoy discussing it.

It's interesting. You'd think Vice fans would be a pretty tight brotherhood' date=' since there aren't that many of us (relatively speaking). And I was a good soldier (perhaps too good) during the days of warring Wb sites. Yet when I took some time off, totally disappearing or slowing down my contributions, NOT ONE of my fellow vicers sent me a pm asking what I was up to. [b']It confirmed what I already knew: if you ain't a mod or admin on this site, you ain't ****. When my volatility served a purpose (getting under the skin of Voldemort), I was valued. Now that war's apparently over, I'm consigned to the ash heap.
I don't know how you came up with this one, "if you ain't a mod or admin on this site, you ain't ****."? What exactly do you mean by that and how did you come to that conclusion? How is it you feel that mods and admins are the only important folks on the board? Members come and go all the time. People have lives outside of this forum and sometimes it keeps them away. We don't scan every members profile daily to see when their last activity was and then send them PMs to see if they are OK.
Yes' date=' by all means, let's use my bump of this thread as an impetus to discuss how much we miss other members. Sheesh! Priceless.:rain:[/quote']Well the thread was supposed to be about our "1st Year Report Card" and how we are doing, but topics tend to go off track a lot and discussions get changed.All I can say is you should try to enjoy the board, have fun and stop bellyaching about everything you don't like!

Finally! An honest assessment. Here's the source of my frustration, and I'll try to be brief.Hardcore Vicers are a very small group. I am one. Yet I can't even seem to find a niche with them! I try commenting on existing threads only to be ignored. I try starting my own threads, only to have them ignored or hijacked.I'm not going to make some stupid grand statement like "This is last you'll ever hear from me!!" because it's plainly not true. I can't stay away.But I think my days as a regular contributor are probably over. I'm sad that a group that I should be able to be a valued part of just ain't clickin'. 'Cuz I ain't in the clique.and what's so offensive about a baby inadvertently flipping the bird? Good lord, you'd think I'd posted abortion photos or hardcore sex pics.But I thank you for saying what was on your mind.

• Administrators
Finally! An honest assessment. Here's the source of my frustration' date=' and I'll try to be brief.Hardcore Vicers are a very small group. I am one. Yet I can't even seem to find a niche with them! I try commenting on existing threads only to be ignored. I try starting my own threads, only to have them ignored or hijacked.[/quote']I wonder if you aren't overreacting on this. I don't see your threads or posts ignored or hijacked any more than anyone else's. As a mod I try and keep the hijacking to a minimum but with respect to censorship that is not always an easy task. I have in the past moved posts to a new thread I created if I feel the members are getting too far off topic and the original thread is being hijacked. Believe me, this isn't always an easy job and not all members will agree with what I do.
I'm not going to make some stupid grand statement like "This is last you'll ever hear from me!!" because it's plainly not true. I can't stay away.
Well no one is asking you to stay away. All I asked is that you stop with the silly posts and bellyaching about every thing you don't like. If you have a complaint' date=' send Lou or Caipi or myself a PM instead.
But I think my days as a regular contributor are probably over. I'm sad that a group that I should be able to be a valued part of just ain't clickin'. 'Cuz I ain't in the clique.
I don't understand how or why you feel so left out and I'm not sure of the "clique" you refer too. :confused:
and what's so offensive about a baby inadvertently flipping the bird? Good lord' date=' you'd think I'd posted abortion photos or hardcore sex pics.[/quote']It wouldn't be offensive if this wasn't a family oriented Miami Vice board. That avatar would not have gone over very well with our German hosts. Please remember' date=' we are all "guests" here and this is Sonny's home. Let us all act courteously and respectfully when visiting here. Also, please remember that this is supposed to be a family board, not to mention at the time, you posted that avatar out of contempt for something you did not like on the board. We don't need to repeat it, but that was really kinda silly.
But I thank you for saying what was on your mind.
And I thank you too. I truly hope you will stay around and contribute to the board, it would be ashamed to lose a hard core Vicer.

I truly hope you will stay around and contribute to the board' date=' it would be ashamed to lose a hard core Vicer.[/quote']Ditto. There are too few of us left. The movie has faded into film history, and the C. Farrell freaks are long gone (how dare we hint that he is a drinker). The MV DVD's are out, and reviewed to death. We are the few, the proud, the Vicers. Hang in there VC.

• Administrators

I agree with you Rich. But VC, I have to say I take offense at the phrase "if you ain't a mod or admin on this site, you ain't ****." Viceman, you once posted that you wouldn't want the thankless job of being an admin or mod and I have to agree with you. There are many a day when I'd much rather just login and have fun instead of solving problems. I originally took the job on .org cause nobody else was stepping up to the plate and I've learned to enjoy it. I enjoy it because I know I have enough knowledge of the show to help other members and answer their questions. Aside from that, there is no great reward being an admin and any one of us will tell you the same. I also don't agree with even the suggestion that there is some kind of clique on this board. We've all been on enough websites to know (at least I know I have) that things seldom stay civil when you have such a large group of people with different opinions, but I have to say, from my point of view, that I have never seen a board like this where there is simply no drama. Maybe it's just luck? but I'd like to think it's because we all learned a good lesson from our previous home. Good enough to make sure it never happens again! If this site has a clique then you must be talking about the one with 609 members.

I'm sorry you feel that way VC' date=' but my gut feel is you're probably over-reacting. I for one (and I'm no admin or mod here) had noticed you contributing less but that can be for any number of reasons - sometimes a lot of us get busy and don't get a chance to be on here for weeks if not months at a time. I suppose there's a fine line between wanting to remind someone you still exist and would be welcome back, and pestering them too frequently. I know I had been asked where I was by one or two people a few months back on here by pm where I was when basically Life had got busy... hey man, if I had ever pm'd you before I'd do the same now! But to do it just out of the blue when I ain't ever pm'd you before - I kind of see that as a bit brutal! Anyway, please at least come back to the ep discussions if you have time. And what of others like King of Vice City or Izzie? I want them all back and contributing![/quote']Ditto. Especially about PMing someone out of the blue. I only PM someone if I either know the member, or have some info they might like. Hell, I only have 27 pms total!
VC' date=' I'd like to just add that as an admin, yes I noticed your hiatus. For as long as I've been doing this you just get used to it. People come and go all the time. Some for a few days and some for months. Sometimes I will shoot somebody an e-mail to see if everything's alright but I mostly try not to pry. This is, after all, only a website and people do have lives. As for the site wars, let's just say I know my members and I know who has my back when it hits the fan. ;)[/quote']I'm a mod on a totally unrelated board, and Lou is dead on here. This just doesn't happen online, either. It happens in life all the time. You have a group of close friends and as you get older and people start to settle down or start a career, etc., they lose touch and drift apart. No rhyme or reason for it. It just happens.

• Administrators
...Viceman' date=' you once posted that you wouldn't want the thankless job of being an admin or mod and I have to agree with you. There are many a day when I'd much rather just login and have fun instead of solving problems. I originally took the job on .org cause nobody else was stepping up to the plate and I've learned to enjoy it. I enjoy it because I know I have enough knowledge of the show to help other members and answer their questions. Aside from that, there is no great reward being an admin and any one of us will tell you the same... [/quote']Agreed! 110%. It is nice to be able to help the members, but often times the headaches far outweigh the rewards. I think Ell.a said it best on another post somewhere when she said the members don't know how much time is wasted in the background when you're a Mod. She was absolutely correct. The hours the Admins and Mods put in are more than anyone would believe or want.

Finally! An honest assessment. Here's the source of my frustration' date=' and I'll try to be brief.Hardcore Vicers are a very small group. I am one. Yet I can't even seem to find a niche with them! I try commenting on existing threads only to be ignored. I try starting my own threads, only to have them ignored or hijacked.I'm not going to make some stupid grand statement like "This is last you'll ever hear from me!!" because it's plainly not true. I can't stay away.But I think my days as a regular contributor are probably over. I'm sad that a group that I should be able to be a valued part of just ain't clickin'. 'Cuz I ain't in the clique.and what's so offensive about a baby inadvertently flipping the bird? Good lord, you'd think I'd posted abortion photos or hardcore sex pics.But I thank you for saying what was on your mind.[/quote']Viceman, why the frustration? You’re a Vice fan and a member of this forum so I suppose you’ll be forever. I could understand your feelings if you were new here. A newbie tends to give importance to his/her posts being noticed and answered because the newbie wants to be accepted by the community asap, but you’re a regular here, you don’t have to prove anything, we know you already.As for posts that go unnoticed it happens to everyone, including admins and mods, it’s normal in a forum that has some activity. We can’t read all that’s written, the lack of time forces us to make a choice about what to read and reply to. Hijacked threads are always a risk, I believe it’s normal too, at least to a certain extent. It’s like in a conversation, people start to get off topic and could even find that the new subject is far more interesting than the previous one. I agree with you that it’s annoying anyway. (Surely hijacking a thread is not something to be proud of and trust me because I know, since I hijacked, no, basically destroyed C&B’s thread about the little red helicopter! :))You say nobody PMd you about your absence: this doesn’t mean that nobody cares.I for one haven’t logged in for 2 weeks, came back yesterday, didn’t get any PM. Does this change my feelings for people here? No, and it should be the same way for you too. Maybe someone noticed I wasn’t around, maybe not, but who am I to write a post remarking to others “hey guys, I’ve been away and not a word from you�Maybe I’m wrong but you seem to expect from people and when you don’t get what you expect you get frustrated.This is undoubtedly the friendliest forum I’ve ever seen and I wouldn’t talk about clique. Of course there are people you get along with better than others, but we’re not thousands and more or less we all know each other. You say it yourself that you can’t stay away, so stay here and enjoy all that this site and its members can offer you.

Happy belated 1 year!!!!:balloon:I haven't been here in awhile and am very pleased to see things moving right along.I don't really get here much and am surprised by the thread. I've been a vice member for more then a few wonderful years!I don't expect people to fuss around if I'm not here. If something happens and I should know, I know I have great friends here who let me know. A lot of us are around on different sites so we chat now and then.I have my own site and do notice when folks are missing but I don't butt into their lives, (life happens) so if they choose to let me know whats up they do!I digress, this is a wonderful place and kudo's to everyone involved!! I wish many more years to us all here and can't think of anywhere else to come for Vice!!!!!

• Administrators

Great to see you here! Don't miss Dadrian's new Jan Hammer covers in the downloads section!Also check out the cool homepage banner our member Carlo created to help us celebrate our 1 year anniversary! Scroll all the way down to the yellow bar at the bottom of the page. All the way over to the left you will see a dropdown list of banners. Click on "birthday style"

Well, now everyone can get back to the task of kissing Coop's ass. And I've been unfriended by everyone but Lar. Nice touch. I get nothing but derision and the equivalent of making the "cuckoo" gesture by your temples.Go 'head. Deactiviate me. We're done.