.WS 1st Year Report Card!

Ferrariman

Guest The Talk
I really like the MODS here.Every one of them have been so helpful' date=' skillful, friendly, and eager to help.They all seem to like one another, and work as a team.They all DESERVE our thanks and praise for everything they do.I've made some nice friends with them, and I feel safe and protected here.YOU MODS are the REASON this site even existed at all, and you have created the greatest MIAMI VICE site the world has ever known!They don't get the credit that they most certainly deserve. The men and women behind the scenes are what keep this site looking, and running so good. Please don't forget that.THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. We cannot thank you enough!I LOVE YOU ALL! :happy::clap::thumbsup:[/quote']WOW! :glossy::glossy:What a praise Coop! :happy:A heart full of thanks for this. :flowers:This is the energy that keeps our engine running! :thumbsup: It changes the work into joy.This site is kinda symbiosis:Without the admins and mods the site would not exist. But without the members it wouldn't live on.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timm525

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Shill

• Viceman Cometh

I don't have a lot of free time to post on here however I love reading through when I have the chance during my lunchbreak at work. I especially love the depth of info in the glossary section. A very big thank you to the moderators for a brill site.Sue aka Caroline

Hi!Happy anniversary! I wish we'll have many many other dates like this in years to come!I'd like to congrat everyone, but of course, especially the people really behind this all! THANK YOU ALL for this!!! Thanks, Lou!What's my favorite thing about .ws? Its atmosphere, its peace, all that along with comprehensive Vice information/discussions.What can we do better? I sincerely could not say a word on improvement it, as this is heaven!What would you like to see added? Nothing "structural" at all. I'd say two things I believe the only one who would really care about would be me (so you've been warned it's really specific, but call me "nerd" at will!!).First, that's about a section with captures of the NBC bumpers (I could help with 4th season bumpers and Freefall bumpers, including the 5 seconds music by Jan Hammer, as the cable TV in my Country exhibited them with them). Second, I wish more "original" MV stuff appeared. I'm talking about the real Miami Vice EP look in the '80s, the analog/saturated color era. Compare the MV Logo from the openings in the DVDs with what you used to see in the 80's (re-run your VHSs!), especially seasons 3-5. In the DVDs it's a kind of green/pale "Miami", purple/pale "Vice" and a "dirty pinkish" white Glow. On the other hand, in the '80s it was a lot more powerful, with saturated deep blues, real pink, and a "snow white" blinding glow [look at my avatar]... So, I'd like to see a section with captures (pics, small clips) from such "originals".But as I have said, this is real specific and a personal interest of mine...I'd give WS 6 out of 5 Stars!!!Congrats, friends.

... So, I'd like to see a section with captures (pics, small clips) from such "originals".But as I have said, this is real specific and a personal interest of mine...I'd give WS 6 out of 5 Stars!!!Congrats, friends.

I know this post is a tad off topic but I also noticed the DVDs are brighter than the airings on tv.

What's your favorite thing about .ws? everyone here and we've got someone here who knows the guy who has the last remaining Miami Vice Daytona: jurassic narcWhat can we do better? I miss the old background of the banner, that one with the night skyline of miami and the boat, the rest of it I love, if you could just remove the shot of the badges and replace them with that i'd love that banner and I get abit ovewhelmed when I look at the photo section, it just seems abit cluttered and disorganized.What would you like to see added? a section about gta vice city, I loved the hell out of that game and I had no idea where they got all those great ideas from till 06 when I saw the MV pilot as a promotion for the movie

and a separate section of the Glossary called in Ferrari beauty shots with high res shots of the Daytona and the Testarossa maybe we could do the same for Crockett's Bren Ten and Tubbs' revolver and hell even tubbs' cadillac

• Administrators

and a separate section of the Glossary called in Ferrari beauty shots with high res shots of the Daytona and the Testarossa maybe we could do the same for Crockett's Bren Ten and Tubbs' revolver and hell even tubbs' cadillac
The old banner will most likely return in the near future. If not, I'm sure it could be modified if that is what we all want.As for the GTA section, create it in the "Off Topic" section!If you get the high res. shots of a Daytona and Testarossa, then send them to me. I will create a new section and post them for you!Same goes for the Bren Ten and Tubb's revolver/Cadillac. You find the pics and I'll create the section and post them.You find 'em, well post them for you!No problems there. Our glossary is continuing to grow every day. But we need your help to do so too.

I like the banner its just the background of It I don't care for, I just think it should be modified, maybe put the old background in and change the colors of the '1 year!" sun to match

Hi guys,I am proud of all the blood/sweat/tears that's gone into this site!My recommendations would be 1. To blend some teasers from the Party Favors Cast or other section into a Splash page (if you have the cookie for already visiting, then it would take you straight to the forum page. I wish I had the graphic know-how to help with this. 2. I would slim down the number of sub-forums available into just 3-7. Just hear me out for a sec... if I lurk in here once/twice a week, I'd like to see what general/ep& music questions are hot topics, what people are up to and what pop culture schtuff they're talking about in a few clicks. Maybe I shouldn't have much say because I'm not as involved as I used to be, but just my two cents.Although on the main page you do see what topics are new, I just think it'd be a little more inviting to navigate through.Respectfully,Cagey

• Administrators

If you click on the Forum tab in the pink navigation box it will give you an overview of all the forums that have topics you have not read since the last log on.You can also see what are the "hot topics" is by looking at the number of replies and views that topic has.Hope that helps.

• Administrators

Thanks for checking in Cagey! Another way to quickly narrow things down is to click on "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" at the bottom of the "latest topics" box on the home page.

It was a nice banner you guys put up with all the villians for celebration of reaching 1 year online, although I'm glad the old banner is back up, I started missing it a little. Long live miami-vice.ws!:cake:

• Administrators
It was a nice banner you guys put up with all the villians for celebration of reaching 1 year online' date=' although I'm glad the old banner is back up, I started missing it a little. Long live miami-vice.ws!:cake:[/quote']Hey gang!Just in case you missed it, the banner can be changed by you personally for your individual settings if you wish by following Caipi's "How To..." link.Click ---> hereThis does not change the board, only the banner in which you see.

• 2 months later...

I'd love it if the signature files could be enlarged slightly to allow for bigger images, but understand that not everyone likes this

• Administrators

I think that the reason the sig pics were reduced was because of the size the members were making the pics.This was too distracting for some members.

• Administrators

I prefer her ass very much to the guy you have puking every three seconds.

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to say congrats again guys - it took a little getting used to, but I much prefer the site now to anything we ever had before - I particularly like the flexibility we have with images, avatars, signatures etc. You guys have added a lot to the site through commitment and hard work - we should congratulate and celebrate all of your efforts. Well done!:cheers:

It's interesting. You'd think Vice fans would be a pretty tight brotherhood, since there aren't that many of us (relatively speaking). And I was a good soldier (perhaps too good) during the days of warring Wb sites. Yet when I took some time off, totally disappearing or slowing down my contributions, NOT ONE of my fellow vicers sent me a pm asking what I was up to. It confirmed what I already knew: if you ain't a mod or admin on this site, you ain't ****. When my volatility served a purpose (getting under the skin of Voldemort), I was valued. Now that war's apparently over, I'm consigned to the ash heap.

I'm sorry you feel that way VC, but my gut feel is you're probably over-reacting. I for one (and I'm no admin or mod here) had noticed you contributing less but that can be for any number of reasons - sometimes a lot of us get busy and don't get a chance to be on here for weeks if not months at a time. I suppose there's a fine line between wanting to remind someone you still exist and would be welcome back, and pestering them too frequently. I know I had been asked where I was by one or two people a few months back on here by pm where I was when basically Life had got busy... hey man, if I had ever pm'd you before I'd do the same now! But to do it just out of the blue when I ain't ever pm'd you before - I kind of see that as a bit brutal! By the way mate I appreciate what you did during the Clone Wars (!) - and I won't be forgetting about it in a hurry. Anyway, please at least come back to the ep discussions if you have time. And what of others like King of Vice City or Izzie? I want them all back and contributing!

Of course I'm overreacting! It's part of that volatility I was talking about!:D(I should also give a shout out to my NEO homeboy Lar who did send me a pm while I was on sabbatical. We talked about Michael Stanley.)