Black Jack, Lowenbrau, and others?

timm525

• Administrators

Hey gang!I am currently working on a new glossary thread titled "What Did Sonny Drink?"It is in the glossary section: Glossary/FAQ/What Did Sonny Drink?Click ---> hereWhat I need your help on is identifying all the other eps where Sonny orders a drink of some kind. I know Sonny also ordered a "Bourbon" in "The Great McCarthy" and he was seen drinking a non labeled beer that resembled "Budweiser" in "Like a Hurricane".Eingefügtes BildPlease post your comments here.I need the ep. and the approximate scene for all drinks ordered.Thanks for everyone's help on this.

He drinks with robbie in shot glasses in BUDDIES in the opening scene.He drinks Lowenbrau on his boat in DEATH AND THE LADY when he tells Tubbs about how he should have ripped the picture down from the guys locker roomHe orders bourbon in COOL RUNNIN when he meets CAROLINE and her Lawyer for lunch. He also is drinking something while waiting for noogie in the bar when noogie says he needs $80 to pass info. He drinks I believe a lowenbrau in PAYBACK when he talks to tubbs in the bar about not wanting three guys on the case.He drinks a lowenbrau at Phils party in PHILL THE SHILL when meeting sarah and making a deal. He is given a drink at Charlie Glides house when talking to him about moving keys stolen from a tuna boat.He orders cafe cubano at the little bar near the begining of SCORE.He's given Champaine (sp?) at McCarthys party when Venessa offers them the drink and says she feels like she's known them for a long time.He put a bottle of something away in the ships cabnet when staking out TONY on the boat in NO EXIT.He tells Gina that he'd have a bottle of DP on ice (dom pernion (sp?) )on his boat and a couple of pounds of cracked crab for thier date before getting his marrige is over letter.

• Administrators

Great!Thank you!I have "Buddies". In the bar with Robbie, Black Jack. And on the boat with Rico, Black Jack. :done:I have "Death and the Lady". Lowenbrau beer. :done:I have "Cool Runnin". Opening scene on the boat, generic beer in hand. At the bar with Rico, probably a Black Jack. We hear Sonny order a Bourbon, but do not see it poured or him drink it. Not added :done:I have "Payback". Unidentified drink, probably a beer. :done:I have "Phill the Shill". Lowenbrau. :done:I have "Yankee Dollar". Unidentified drink with Charlie and on the boat at the drug meet. :done:I have "Golden Triangle parts 1 &2". Café Cubano and unidentified beer at restaurant with the whole gang. :done:I have "The Good Collar". Coffee at OCB and an unidentified drink at a café with Rico. :done:I have "Like a Hurricane". Unidentified drink and generic beer. :done:I have "Deliver us from Evil". Black Jack on the boat. :done:I have "When Irish Eyes are Crying". Lowenbrau beer in various scenes. :done:I have "Heart of Darkness". Unidentified drink in the beginnin. Brand at the table with Artie and company, Black Jjack at the end in the bar with Rico and Lou. :done:I will work on the others too.Please keep 'em coming gang!

• Administrators

OK, I'll check into it!This section is growing by "leaps and bounds"!Please keep 'em comingI appreciate all the feed back.

• 3 months later...

Did anyone get "entire fifth of Jack Daniels" in the episode when Caitlin met her fate? That would be terrible to overlook. Sorry, my ep names are rusty.

• 3 months later...

He orders cafe cubano at the little bar near the begining of SCORE.

In that particular scene' date=' we see Sonny drinking a kind o transparent drink. What is that? Is that supposed to be served together with the cafe cubano?There's a pic of the scene here (scroll down or find "café cubano"): http://www.miami-vice.ws/vbglossar.php?do=showentry&id=2132

I don´t recall the episode name, but Crockett waits for a middle man at a coffee joint in the street he orders " un cafecito por favor" the the guy shows up pulls a gun, Crockett disarms him and shoves his face in the counter as he drinks the cafecito with the other hand and then leaves. All I remember is that it is a season 3 episodee. Perhaps red tape.F - man help me out here.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I love how I can go on this forum on any given day and not see a thread that's been around for a few years, yet every post is relevent to me.It brings a me a certain reliable joy.

• 3 years later...

I don't know if I ever saw Sonny drink it, but I definitely saw some Miller High Life bottles in the series!  I'm a Miller guy myself!  But Lowenbrau is good.  I also like Peroni, but it is expensive!  I thought Sonny might go for an Italian beer like Peroni, to go with the Italian fashion and car!

Hey AndrewRemington, you reminded me.  Back in 1980s Lowenbrau was my beer of choice.  And when I was drinking shots of whiskey Canadian Crown Royal was the only one for me. Oh, such sweet memories. 

• Like 1

It seems like Lowenbrau was quite popular in the 80s!  I've never tried Canadian Crown Royal.  I did buy a bottle of black Jack Daniel's earlier this year, though!

• 2 years later...
On 12/15/2015 at 11:19 PM, Vicefan7777 said:

Hey AndrewRemington, you reminded me.  Back in 1980s Lowenbrau was my beer of choice.  And when I was drinking shots of whiskey Canadian Crown Royal was the only one for me. Oh, such sweet memories. 

I drank Lowenbrau back in the day also, and Vice was definitely my inspiration.  Though by then I had developed a taste for Gin, specifically Tanqueray with a lime twist. 

Think that may be my drink of choice tonight with a few Eps of Vice on the blu-ray. 

• 7 months later...
On 12/16/2015 at 6:11 PM, AndrewRemington said:

It seems like Lowenbrau was quite popular in the 80s!  I've never tried Canadian Crown Royal.  I did buy a bottle of black Jack Daniel's earlier this year, though!

I am sure Lowenbrau was the main beer they drank in 'To Live And Die In LA' as well, classic 80s movie. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/19/2019 at 9:32 PM, Robbie C. said:

Lowenbrau was one of the few imports you could get in those days, actually. At least in common circulation.

According to Wikipedia it was a domestic beer after 1977:

"In 1975, Miller Brewing acquired the North American rights to Löwenbräu. After two years of exports, Miller began brewing Löwenbräu domestically with an Americanized recipe, and exports of Munich Löwenbräu to North America ceased."

28 minutes ago, airtommy said:

According to Wikipedia it was a domestic beer after 1977:

"In 1975, Miller Brewing acquired the North American rights to Löwenbräu. After two years of exports, Miller began brewing Löwenbräu domestically with an Americanized recipe, and exports of Munich Löwenbräu to North America ceased."

It was presented at the time as a mock import at least. I remember the ads and drank it at the time and it wasn’t branded as domestic. Miller may have been brewing it in the US but they didn’t market it that way as I recall. 

Oh, yeah. Sonny pulls a Coors out of Leon’s fridge in the pilot. 

Edited by Robbie C.