Vice Vice Vice Vice Vice! Miami!

shouldabeenacop

Freeze! This the police! JK Just saying hello and, as you can tell, I am a fan of my favorite show's soundtrack as well as the show itself. Anyway, I was lurking at the .org site for several weeks a few months ago and then saw that it was restarted here. I am so glad I found others who love the show and who are knowledgeable about scenes and locations. I watched the whole series again a couple months ago before my trip to Miami and I am in the process of watching it again after getting back to see what I missed (e.g., the 13th street apartment which I guess I must have walked by and never noticed). I guess I'll have to go back; although, finding someone interested in going to Miami to mainly look for MV locations is a bit difficult! ;-) So glad you guys are here and MAJOR props to the show creators (AY!) for giving us a series that will never get old. The look of the show itself is still so awesome in our currently beige covered landscapes. OK, tornado sirens going off around here so I better log off for a bit. :eek: Signed, Bama Belle

DAN J is a member here, and he lives in MIAMI, and kind of gives members here a tour of the vice sites when they visit him in MIAMI.No need to lurk, JOIN IN!!We love to hear new thoughts and read new posts.Glad you made the right choice, and joined here. Unlike other sites, This site is VERY active, and we will help you with any VICE question you seek!Welcome!-COOP

• Administrators

The only thing this site has in common with that other site is it's "former" membership. The gangs all here and we just keep moving forward! Welcome to the party!

• Administrators

Welcome aboard!If you are looking for lots of Vice info, check out the glossary section at the top in the pink navigation bar.It'll keep you busy for weeks!

Thanks for the welcomes!I have loved the show since it started when I was ten. Yikes! Was it really that long ago? I guess it is ingrained in me due to childhood memories, etc. My brother and I would watch it every Friday night and, while I loved the Crockett character (what southern girl wouldn't), my favorite character is Izzy. It is a bit weird to realize he was about to shoot Tubbs in the pilot but then brought back in later episodes. Then again, there was also the reuse of the clothes and purses (e.g., white one with red and yellow stripes), as well as that particular dresser with the circular mirror in almost every hotel room scene. I wish I had that and Crockett's desk. I wonder if someone actually has that original desk? Anyway, I will check out the glossary section and this may be in there, but does anyone have any info. on the Daytona actually being a corvette as it states in the NBC website trivia questions? I seem to remember something about that way back when, but did they fix a corvette to look like one or just what? Thanks again! "Hey, wait a minute, you guys won't even let a man turn over a new sleeve." - Izzy

I have loved the show since it started when I was ten. Yikes! Was it really that long ago? I guess it is ingrained in me due to childhood memories' date=' etc. My brother and I would watch it every Friday night and, while I loved the Crockett character (what southern girl wouldn't), my favorite character is Izzy. It is a bit weird to realize he was about to shoot Tubbs in the pilot but then brought back in later episodes. Then again, there was also the reuse of the clothes and purses (e.g., white one with red and yellow stripes), as well as that particular dresser with the circular mirror in almost every hotel room scene. I wish I had that and Crockett's desk. I wonder if someone actually has that original desk? Anyway, I will check out the glossary section and this may be in there, but does anyone have any info. on the Daytona actually being a corvette as it states in the NBC website trivia questions? I seem to remember something about that way back when, but did they fix a corvette to look like one or just what? Thanks again! "Hey, wait a minute, you guys won't even let a man turn over a new sleeve." - Izzy[/quote']Look up the thread, "The Ferrari Daytonas of MIAMI VICE" in the section entitled, HARDWARE. You won't believe the incredible information on this subject by Jurrasic Narc, a great member here who HAS one of these daytonas! You MUST check it out!Click ---> hereAlso, under the section "COOPER&BURNETT'S scrapbook section", you'll find screen worn blazers worn by DON JOHNSON as Crockett in the thread entitled, "MIAMI VICE CROCKETT BLAZERS AND VICE CLOTHES".Click ---> hereFor example:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildLOTS of cool things in that section including rare photos, and cast and crew items from the show from my personal collection.-COOP

Thanks CooperandBurnett!I will check those out and lurk there awhile before asking more questions to hopefully avoid being repetitive. Man, to actually be able to afford original memorabilia. Nice! I still wish I could get my hands on that desk since I spend about seventy hours a week at one. I bet someone with the "original" would be glad to sell it to me on ebay. Ha! :-) Thanks again.

"Hey' date=' wait a minute, you guys won't even let a man turn over a new sleeve." - Izzy[/quote']from "nobody lives forever".sorry, trivia junkie. you'll find lots of us on here: timm525, ferrariman, papa legba, shill, and many others.

Don't tempt me. I'll hunt it down and buy it. :)

EBay is such a croc of .... most of the time. You have to research before you bid on anything or some guy named Jimbo will be printing off "copies" of original posters, shirts, etc. in his garage and laughing all the way to the bank. As for the desk, I would get all cattty with you and we'd have to fight it out, literally! :-D

So what are you trying to say?

from "nobody lives forever". sorry' date=' trivia junkie. you'll find lots of us on here: timm525, ferrariman, papa legba, shill, and many others.[/quote'] :confused: I may have quoted it wrong. I don't claim to be an expert; I just really liked that one. It's funny to watch DJ's face during those lines when he's trying hard not to crack up and to maintain his Crockett smirk. :-)

• Administrators

...as well as that particular dresser with the circular mirror in almost every hotel room scene...

I for one have been searching for this item. I have looked at every hotel room scene that I can think of and I can't find it.Please post the ep. where you saw this and I will post a screen shot of it on here.:confused:

Having trouble downloading now but will try again later

My fave songs on the CD, outside of Smuggler's Blues, are the slow instrumentals. When I can't sleep I have a CD with these, SRV's version of Little Wing, some old U2 instrumentals, some slow Depeche Mode and LZ, etc. Knocks me out every time and I don't even remember falling asleep. Jan Hammer did an excellent job.

Sorry to be unclear!

Can you find a screen shot of this item so I know which one your talking about? Sounds cool!

I just mean the old government desk from the soundstage. I want it like crazy and just assume someone got it but it might have been trashed.

I DK how you post a screen shot here but...

I for one have been searching for this item. I have looked at every hotel room scene that I can think of and I can't find it. Please post the ep. where you saw this and I will post a screen shot of it on here. :confused:

...I will take a pic off the tv and post it here. It is a vanity, actually, with a circular mirror above it. I believe it's shown in the Ted Nugent episode as well as a couple others. I saw something on this somewhere where it talks about a place/room they redecorated and reused and the vanity is used more than once. I even remember this from when I was young and watching the show. In fact, I am going to look in a bit to try and find it...

Well....

...I will take a pic off the tv and post it here. It is a vanity' date=' actually, with a circular mirror above it. I believe it's shown in the Ted Nugent episode as well as a couple others. I saw something on this somewhere where it talks about a place/room they redecorated and reused and the vanity is used more than once. I even remember this from when I was young and watching the show. In fact, I am going to look in a bit to try and find it...[/quote'] It isn't in Definitely Miami. She is at a different circular mirror. I am now starting to wonder if I am delusional on this one, but I don't think I would have created something extraneous like that in my head for so long, especially since I just watched the whole series a month ago. Anyway, I will post a pic here when I find it as I watch through the series again. I bet they had a big bonfire with a lot of this type of stuff, though, so I doubt no one knows where it is if they didn't even treat the cars very seriously.