PROMO MCA MIAMI VICE JACKET

COOPER&BURNETT

Here is a VERY, VERY, VERY rare MIAMI VICE PROMOTIONAL MCA RECORDS JACKET that was made to promote the MIAMI VICE SOUNDTRACK ALBUM!I'll bet you've never seen one of these before!I didn't know it even existed.This is in MINT, UNWORN condition. It's size Large. I acquired it DIRECTLY from the original owner who preserved it since 1985. The owner of this mint jacket ran a radio station in MILWAUKEE WI.Through kindness, I may be able to get the jackets history from the owner. If I do, I'll post it here. The MIAMI VICE soundtrack earned JAN HAMMER 2 GRAMMY AWARDS, stayed on the BILLBOARD's number 1 spot for 12 consecutive weeks. It went QUADRUPLE PLATINUM selling over 4 MILLION copies in the UNITED STATES, and well over 7 MILLION copies Worldwide. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes BildThis jacket has silk screened artwork similar to the artwork on the MIAMI VICE SOUNDTRACK ALBUM.Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes BildThis is the MCA RECORDS silk screen logo on the chest, and a bit of the MIAMI VICE logo on the arm.

Eingefügtes BildThis is the artwork on the arm of one of the jackets.This masterpiece of a PROMO item will have a special place in my collection.This jacket helped promote the MIAMI VICE SOUNDTRACK which sold 7 million records worldwide...(and still counting due to cd sales)

If you are one of our lady members here, and you owned this jacket, would you take this purse along?Eingefügtes Bild

Ahhhhhhh the days of silk jackets.Boy do I ever remember them well!Should I really admit that???

Yeah, me too...I still have some of mine to this day....Mike

Silk...Nylon...Rayon....I don't know ....All I know is that its shiny and uber geeky now, but it was uber cool back in the 80's to own one. I had a peacock blue one with my car club logo on it (as we all did) and we glittered in the dark, if you know what I mean? hahahhaha

Through kindness' date=' I will be able to get one of the jackets for every member here who is currently on my friends list as of 04/21/2009. You just hit the jackpot! [/quote']There - I corrected it for you buddy. That is what we really wanted to hear. Thanks, Coop - you're the greatest!

Pretty darn impressive C&B! Aside from being a huge Vice fan, I'm also a music buff, so that jacket is especially interesting to me. I'd about flip if I came across it, that's for sure.

Silk...Nylon...Rayon....I don't know ....All I know is that its shiny and uber geeky now' date=' but it was uber cool back in the 80's to own one. I had a peacock blue one with my car club logo on it (as we all did) and we glittered in the dark, if you know what I mean? hahahhaha[/quote']Yeah, it can be quite the DISCO look.Luckily, the VICE jacket is like a light windbreaker, it's black and not as flashy as a satin blue or red, and when I go for walks in the cool morning when a blazer is just a bit too cool, I will make an exception with THIS baby.If anyone asks about it, I'll let them know about this MIAMI VICE website, and how a really cool guy on this site has a STINGER boat! :thumbsup:

Hey, that gives me an idea!I'll put the websites web address on a card, and if someone should strike up a conversation by seeing the logo on it, and say they love the show, I'll invite them to visit the site.IT PAYS TO ADVERTISE!! :thumbsup:

• 11 months later...

I wore this jacket to the store today.Some people did double takes, most didn't react at all. I keep waiting for some one to say something, so I can plug this site! :)(perhaps I should wear a pint t-shirt under it?)

I was going to ask you if you would wear the jacket or were afraid of getting it dirty, torn, or wet :rain:.......but I see you fearlessly wore it for the world to see! Very cool MV collectable. Thanks for sharing it with us, COOP, and wear it in the best of health. :thumbsup:P.S. The logo on the back is beautiful!

Silk...Nylon...Rayon....I don't know ....All I know is that its shiny and uber geeky now' date=' but it was uber cool back in the 80's to own one. I had a peacock blue one with my car club logo on it (as we all did) and we glittered in the dark, if you know what I mean? hahahhaha[/quote']solid red one c. 1984. :D I've toyed with looking for a Member's Only jacket someday for the heck of it but my kids would be brutal.

• 2 years later...

After all this time,....I've STILL never seen another one of these jackets! This is the only one I have ever seen. This MUST be really rare! :thumbsup:

After all this time' date='....I've STILL never seen another one of these jackets! This is the only one I have ever seen. This MUST be really rare! :thumbsup:[/quote']sorry to butt in but you wouldnt happen to have a close up of that album cover would you and a shot of the back?