Group accommodation for the convention?

JonnyDaytona

Should this convention occur (fingers crossed here) I am wondering who else might be interested in working out some large group rates on motels/hotels? Better yet, if anyone here works in the travel industry, that might be a step in the right direction.

• Administrators

I would love to go provided time off from work and of course that little thing called M-O-N-E-Y!

Should this convention occur (fingers crossed here) I am wondering who else might be interested in working out some large group rates on motels/hotels? Better yet' date=' if anyone here works in the travel industry, that might be a step in the right direction.[/quote']To get a group rate you have to book 10 rooms. So far 5 people said they may go & 2 of them said they will stay with friends. The Deauville gave me a $129 group rate. Don't forget taxes & other fees.

• 1 month later...

I was in Miami last year and I'm saving for 2009 - would be excellent to be with people who love MV. It's great knowing I'm not the only one on the planet who loved the programme! Please let us know if any dates are being discussed. Thanks.Sue

• 5 weeks later...

I was in Miami last year and I'm saving for 2009 - would be excellent to be with people who love MV. It's great knowing I'm not the only one on the planet who loved the programme! Please let us know if any dates are being discussed. Thanks.Sue

You have the right idea, Sue(CarolineUK)! Save from now!Many people tell me they can't go because of expense, but a year ago I said to save about $10 a week & they would have enough money for the Hotel by Convention time.The way things are going, My wife & I may be the only ones there!Most Convention info is being posted on .org, unless .org crashes & is no more. Most fans are still on .org & haven't come here!

I'm determined to be there so that makes three in total at least! If airfares begin to soar then I may need to start to swim just after New Year to get there for July lol Sue (UK)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Will post pricesI will post prices of 2 or 3 hotels around Oct. 1st & see if we get a nice group to go to the convention. We need at least 10 rooms booked for a group rate.

• 3 weeks later...

If it's next October, count me in. Try to make it late October as I might be able to be there via boat? If I catch the intercoastal at the right time I can be there on time. Have to watch out for Hurricane season though! No insurance on boats during that time.

If it's next October' date=' count me in. Try to make it late October as I might be able to be there via boat? If I catch the intercoastal at the right time I can be there on time. Have to watch out for Hurricane season though! No insurance on boats during that time.[/quote']Taking the Scarab? Wonder what your fuel bill would be from Canada to/from Miami?

Taking the Scarab? Wonder what your fuel bill would be from Canada to/from Miami?

that looks like a stinger to me. nonetheless, would be a high fuel cost indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that the convention was being considered for September 2009 but details of the hotels were going to be put on this site from 1st Oct 2008 - or have I misunderstood this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If I get my GED by then,I'll probably drive down there(only a hundred miles or so from where I live)if it's going to be a walk-in thing.