Don's house on Star Island

omaha

I've started my search for Don's house on Star Island again and found out that he lived at number 5 for the first year of shooting the show. In 1986 he wanted to buy two lots overthere at a price of two million dollar. Whether he did, i don't know. Number five is the fifth house -coming from the causeway- on your left. Here's the url for the newspapertext:http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=950&dat=19860523&id=WegLAAAAIBAJ&sjid=jVkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6850,1932344Just scroll a little to the right.

• Administrators

At least on this site a certain "someone" won't be giving you any problems with your search! ;)

Hi miamijimf' date=' when i click your url the page just keeps loading and loading and nothing happens. Please do it again okay?[/quote']Omaha, It works for me. Do you have Microsoft's Virtual Earth loaded? You can get it at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E9298080-50C4-4F2E-9FC4-4009074996BA&displaylang=en

Miamijimf, think this link will work. Press Birds eye.http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=60E5ECAFE7D220D4!112 And yes it works!:dance2:later edit: yes I have virtual earth. Ik opened your url in live maps though. Not good?Does my url do it? The house where it say one is it (Ofcourse;-) It looks like one house but they are very close to eachother. The one with the white boat (in my picture) and all the palmtrees is number 4Tried your url later and it worked. No, that is not the house. Further to the left. The house with the red and white round gate. In front of the gate is a little curly pond or pool. See it?

• 5 months later...

There is some new information about Don Johnson's house on Star Island where he lived the first year. Ik found the newspaper article where you can read that a while back. Some of you have read it. Well, I don't know if you have noticed it, but when you move the paper a little further to the right, you will find an article about the batlle between Dallas and Miami Vice, both aired on NBC. Interesting to read!Further, this link will take you to the second house of Don on Star Island where he obviously lived later. He sold the house to Elisabeth Taylor. Have fun!

More news and compliments

Guy's, that glossary!! My compliments again to all the makers! So much information! It's allmost unbeleavable. Thanks for all your work:clap::flowers:

• Administrators
Well' date=' I don't know if you have noticed it, but when you move the paper a little further to the right, you will find an article about the batlle between Dallas and Miami Vice, both aired on NBC. Interesting to read![/quote']Where is this article? "Dallas" aired on CBS and "Miami Vice" on NBC, which is why there was a Friday night time slot feud.

Ferrariman, the article by David Bianculli can be found here:http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=950&dat=19860523&id=WegLAAAAIBAJ&sjid=jVkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6850,1932344Move the page in the newspaperarticle further to the right by moving the blue square in the little pages untill you find the Dallas item. It's on top of the page. Nice background information about those days.Omaha

Well, I don't know the exact minute, but after about two minutes the Miami Vice music is heard and the tourguy says that this is the house of Don Johnson, etc. It's all in the movie:) Give it some time.

Where is this article? "Dallas" aired on CBS and "Miami Vice" on NBC' date=' which is why there was a Friday night time slot feud.[/quote']You're wright ofcourse Fman. It was not both aired on the same network.

• 6 years later...
8 hours ago, Susanna Girl said:

So...this was the house that Barbara Streisand bought from DJ?  

That is the house DJ sold to Elizabeth Taylor (according to the tourguide in the video above, not always a perfectly reliable source).

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2009 at 9:14 AM, chum981 said:
omaha;43547]There is some new information about Don Johnson's house on Star Island where he lived the first year. Ik found the newspaper article where you can read that a while back. Some of you have read it. Well said:

Can you please tell us at what minute his house is shown?Many thanks!

Start watching at  1: 30 ...........you'll enjoy, I did!

Kind of a weird cover version they're playing there. I guess they aren't allowed to use the actual Miami Vice Theme.

It just sounds bad.

Edited by Daytona74

I agree! Not to get off topic, but that original recording is such a collage of "at that exact moment" sounds, I don't think Jan himself could match it if he tried. Even his remixes of it sound bad, IMO. I think that's part of the magic of it, and for most any other hit. 

Edited by nofretz

I think with most songs, you can do cover versions that don't sound great but "get the job done" and are at least a little bit faithful to the original without copyright infringement. But this here sounds like the tour guide's brother threw together a few quick percussions on his old DX7.

But back to topic - I like the house though. Very nice place Don Johnson had there. And with its own waterfront pier too. So now you have to imagine him getting in his power boat every morning there in 1985, going to work...

Kind of the coolest way imaginable to commute to work... :cool:  sure beats being stuck on the highway in a humble foreign hatchback, like many of us...

I think Don said in a recent interview that he still has a (different) house in Miami. But I may be wrong.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1