Daytona VS Testarossa. Have at it!

JonnyDaytona

Done to death, but new board, new thread! I love the Daytona so much, I changed my name. I think this classic beast (in keeping with the other classic cars) was the slickest, best looking car of the series. Elegant and deadly in those epic night shots, C&T looked great jumping in and out of it.... The Daytona to me, is a classical beauty. Timeless like my all time favourite car and sexiest beast ever built, the E-type Jag. The Testarossa to me, was not without merit....just not my first choice.:rauchen:

• Administrators

When I was a kid watching the series every week I though the Testarossa was the coolest car. Once Sonny got it, I didn't like the Daytona at all. Now that I'm all growed up (physically, not mentally) I really like the Daytona. It seems to have an elegance to it that the Testarossa doesn't.Of course if you gave me either, I would thank you profusely.

now I liked the daytona cos as they say"Black cars look Better In the Shade" ahh it just looks better at night and easier to camouflage

Love them both, but....I love both cars, but the Daytona definitely is a much rarer and cooler car in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, if somebody offered me either one, I would jump at the chance. I have always loved Ferrari since I first saw Magnum's 308 way back in the first season of "Magnum, P.I.".

Done to death' date=' but new board, new thread! I love the Daytona so much, I changed my name. I think this classic beast (in keeping with the other classic cars) was the slickest, best looking car of the series. Elegant and deadly in those epic night shots, C&T looked great jumping in and out of it.... The Daytona to me, is a classical beauty. Timeless like my all time favourite car and sexiest beast ever built, the E-type Jag. The Testarossa to me, was not without merit....just not my first choice.:rauchen:[/quote']Everthing you have said is right on the money.The Daytona is still regarded /priced highly today.It is undoubtedly the better car but for me the rossa is the perfect vice /80's car.Totally flamboyant,in your face.Its the car equivalent of shoulder pads and blown dry hair.

Tough one. Love the daytona and the fact that it's a convertible' date='but the testarossa is white. I love white.[/quote']Both are a pain the a@@ as far as keeping them clean goes!

The first time I encountered a Daytona was as the Stinger in GTA: Vice City. I had never seen the car before, so I had no idea what it was (I assumed it to be some sort of Corvette convertible judging from its taillights). But it was one of the most beautiful cars I had ever seen at that point, real or fictional. It also helped that it drove awesomely in the game.

Shill is doing Sredd and then when Sredd gets here you two will have to play nice and share...:D nice job, Shill on the red testerossa. I just noticed watching Badge of dishonnor and another episode tonight that the Testerossa's panels on the car doors when you open it, you can look right into them....weird. I love the Daytona the best. Love that it's a convertable and Elvis had a nice ride there......heheheee. Love when Crockett has a tantrum when it was taken away....and Izzy helped him get it back. But the look on Crockett's face was precious when it got blown up in Irish Eyes and Tubbs says, "Sold" so quickly, maybe to cover up for Sonny?

You gotta have a convertible in Florida. Its a law. How is Sonny's hair supposed to blow in the wind when he is chasing somebody?

The Daytona was stylish, but each time I get to 'Stone's War' when watching through the seasons, I still awe at the scene with the new ride out back at OCB with Sonny and Rico trying out the engine!

So i like the Testarossa more than the Daytona, because the white one fits better to the series, because it was the right 80s car for the right 80s series.But the black Daytona is already a very ncie one.I personal like the Ferrari F 50.It is the best and nicest car on earth forever.

You gotta have a convertible in Florida. Its a law. How is Sonny's hair supposed to blow in the wind when he is chasing somebody?

Stick his head out the window?

Shill is doing Sredd and then when Sredd gets here you two will have to play nice and share...:D nice job' date=' Shill on the red testerossa. I just noticed watching Badge of dishonnor and another episode tonight that the Testerossa's panels on the car doors when you open it, you can look right into them....weird. I love the Daytona the best. Love that it's a convertable and Elvis had a nice ride there......heheheee. Love when Crockett has a tantrum when it was taken away....and Izzy helped him get it back. But the look on Crockett's face was precious when it got blown up in Irish Eyes and Tubbs says, "Sold" so quickly, maybe to cover up for Sonny?[/quote']I could've s*** when he said sold.

DaytonaFor anyone who can make it to northern Illinois, the Volo Auto Museum has restored one of the original Daytonas used on the show and can now be viewed (restored state) by the public. Here's a link to the restoration article and pre-restoration photoS-Bhttp://www.carbuyersnotebook.com/archives/2006/10/volo_auto_museu.htm