Daytona VS Testarossa. Have at it!

JonnyDaytona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgk-Q9R7_7s&feature=related
by the way i've updated my second post on page 5 with some better pictures.
Yeah, those were good! The Testarossa looks better than I thought it would! But it still isn’t a classic car like the Daytona. And the video you posted, Kavinsky, of the Daytona was really good…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgk-Q9R7_7s&feature=related
by the way i've updated my second post on page 5 with some better pictures.
The owner of the body shop who has helped me get my Daytona in shape owns a 308GTB. He offered a straight swap for my car vs. his 308. I had wanted the Daytona so long that I wasn't interested. So, he finally told me why he was willing to trade--upkeep on the 308. I can drive my Daytona all I want and then have a $25 oil change and keep going. His car has to have the engine pulled for so many minor things that the operating cost is ridiculous! Around $6-7,000 to change the spark plugs!!!!!!!!!!

The owner of the body shop who has helped me get my Daytona in shape owns a 308GTB. He offered a straight swap for my car vs. his 308. I had wanted the Daytona so long that I wasn't interested. So' date=' he finally told me why he was willing to trade--upkeep on the 308. I can drive my Daytona all I want and then have a $25 oil change and keep going. His car has to have the engine pulled for so many minor things that the operating cost is ridiculous! Around $6-7,000 to change the spark plugs!!!!!!!!!![/quote']308 GTS - that's the one on Magnum PI! You're a MV fan through and through!

308 GTS - that's the one on Magnum PI! You're a MV fan through and through!

I got in the 308GTB once to drive it. No room for feet at the pedals, I don't see how Tom Selleck did it. And with the hardtop, I had to roll out onto the parking lot to get out of the thing. It would not be comfortable to take for a long drive!!On the other hand, the Daytona is the same size as a Corvette interior. I have made a couple of 5-6 hour trips and been (relatively) comfortable.I think that hopping out of the Testarossa and giving chase is very unlikely. I wonder how many times a shot had to be redone when that was the move by the stars.I read that the Magnum 308s had the seats dropped to the floor, and still Tom Selleck's head stuck above the roof line.

I read that the Magnum 308s had the seats dropped to the floor' date=' and still Tom Selleck's head stuck above the roof line.[/quote']barbie had the same problem...Eingefügtes Bild

barbie had the same problem...Eingefügtes Bild

I want that car! Now all I need is a little Magnum action figure thing... oh wait, I already have one.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/Vehicles/1984Ferrari308GTSiQuattrovalvole/Yeah theres a good reason why the 308's low on my list, althought I might some day go for one of it's predecesors (the 328, 355. or f430 scuderia) funny isn't it? the good ones are always the second revisions of the old models. Apparently the same applied to the testarossa, so maybe you should go for a 512 tr instead of the Testarossa?I love how in one of the blogs he comes out and says that if ferrari bulit cars like this today they'd be out of business.and god I hope your kiding about the spark plugsby the way this is who I got my name from.http://www.strictlysocial.com/journal/2009/02/05/kavinsky-dead-cruiser-video/

I want that car! Now all I need is a little Magnum action figure thing... oh wait' date=' I already have one.[/quote']you might want to also pick up a can of red spray paint ;)

you might want to also pick up a can of red spray paint ;)

Yeah, then I might have to get a real full-size one in white.

For those Testarossa fans in need of sleep, this article seems to be at least part fairy tale. Go down about a third of the page and read the section titled The Original Tuning Movement by Jean Claude Ratte - Part 1 . Ratte takes credit for the Testarossa stunt car, which is well documented enought to identify as a lie. Other than that, tere are some intersting pictures for Testarossa fans of the originally black cars being painted. http://www.palmbeachsupercarweekend.com/index.php?option=com_idoblog&view=idoblog&Itemid=56

Plugs for my TBird were a hundred bucks but I only have to change them every 100,000 kms.That bill is not too outrageous...I used to do work on those types of cars too.I wouldn't want to by a starter though!!!They are expensive and not easy to get to(youhae to remove lots of stuff around it!)

If I ever bought a car like that I'd just move somewhere where I could use it, either next to a race track, germany, or italy for the autostrada and autobahn, theres no sense in spending that much money on a car and not enjoying it to its full potential.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

I know they painted it white because of a lot of night filming but I wish they would've left it black!

• Administrators

I've always questioned the "night filming" part. The Daytona was black and I though it look just fine in the night scenes. Black would have been more fitting for the later "darker" eps. too.

the only thing I can think of with the night shots thing is that it would have been hard to distinguish it from the bad guys cars in "Down For The Count" part two, after all the cuda's plum crazy purple and the corvettes black.But they could have just gotten some spray paint and painted them silver or yellow since they wrecked them anywaysEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I want that car!

Why in Hades would anyone ever paint this gorgeous car white? The Daytona gets my vote because it is unusual and looks vintage and is also black which is sleek and powerful, but a black Testarossa would be a great second choice. While I'm wishing, if I could have anything, I'd like a black 1974 corvette or a sleek black lambo with custom black leather interior.