Daytona VS Testarossa. Have at it!

JonnyDaytona

Just found these vids on youtube, god what an ugly color for a daytona spyder, its the same color as the bad guys merc from the pilot, what rich guy would honestly buy a car like that in THAT color?!

- REAL Daytona Spyder Drivehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkUKdsFyeYY
and the best chase scene in Miami Vice, no fast forwarding, no obvious stunt double detomaso pantera, no missing parts on the camera car, just a smooth fast moving chase scene with my other dream car, hell this chase easily beats anything the cannonball run films did with a real countach

post-592-13892962908261_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892962908488_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892962908659_thumb.jpg

I agree 100%. I think it is scenes like this, and the segments in ONE WAY TICKET where the faux Daytona is pulled up beside the real McCoy (and the black car looks better!!) that caused the real problems at Ferrari. I don't think the kits were pulling away customers, and they weren't (at that time) so realistic that you couldn't tell the difference. I think they were flat out red-faced from the way the faux-Daytona was made to look so good.

post-109-13892962932964_thumb.jpg

I still think they should have just told Ferrari no and kept the Daytona (and the Bren Ten but thats a different matter) and let Carl build that other one he was working on I mean after all they OWNED the cars and therfore they could have done anything they wanted with them, after all its not like the tv show was cranking them out and selling them.Either that or given them a 328 GTS instead of the Testarossas which had abit more ground clearance and didn't have an obvious matt black spoiler hanging off it.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildor even the berlina boxer from the 1985 pepsi commercial for the same reason

Eingefügtes Bild

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think it would have been kinda cool seeing Sonny Driving THIS, but in black or white.It's a FERRARI TESTAROSSA KOENIG conversion. MUCH, MUCH faster than the stock Ferrari. And it's a convertible. (Looks like DANJ driving)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild Stock FERRARI with just the STRAMAN conversion. This is a totally sick look too!

• 1 year later...

I was always wondering of either of these cars (Daytona/Testarossa) have a (tiny) back seat?

My Daytona doesn't have a back seat, just a small covered deck area for the battery (right behind the driver seat) and some electronics components. My trunk (boot) is only big enough for a thin small kind of suitcase.

A thin suitcase? I thought the trunk on the daytona was maybe just big enough to house some groceries.

Ok' date=' well going from memory I think my trunk is about 3 ft wide, about 2 and 1/2 ft deep but only about 8 or 10 inches in height. Maybe off a bit here on the low side. So you can put some groceries in there but not tall stuff. :):)So in the ep [i']Cool Runnings where Sonny supposedly threw Noogie into the trunk of the Daytona, I was sitting there thinking ---yeah right! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Done to death' date=' but new board, new thread! I love the Daytona so much, I changed my name. I think this classic beast (in keeping with the other classic cars) was the slickest, best looking car of the series. Elegant and deadly in those epic night shots, C&T looked great jumping in and out of it.... The Daytona to me, is a classical beauty. Timeless like my all time favourite car and sexiest beast ever built, the E-type Jag. The Testarossa to me, was not without merit....just not my first choice.:rauchen:[/quote']Wow, can't say it any better. And I like jumping in and out of it as well. Saying it turns a lot of heads is an understatement. ;);)

Not to mention Rico was waiting in there with the stun gun in the same episode at the end.even so its better than the trunkspace the testarossa had, I mean hell crockett just shoves his suitcase into the passenger seat in last episode, so I guess he stopped bothering with the trunk all together towards the end of the shows run.and jonny I love the corvette but the one in the show was never quite perfected for me in my mind and really looked like a a kit car in some shots even in s2 after its massive overhaul and thus I have a love hate kinda deal going with it whenever I watch the show.they were literally car 1 and 4 after all, the first and the fourth daytona replicas ever made so of course there going to be somewhat inaccurate but all they needed were a little work on there fiberglass bodies and a few other details and it would have made the cars look just as official as the testarossa. and I think thats the one thing that the testarossa did right. it looked like a production car in almost all of the shots save for when they used the detomaso stunt car or the camera car for some of the driving scenes complete with the rear bumper missing.althought they really should have left it in black metallic, I mean the white really brings out the boxyness of the front end which is what always drove me nuts about watching it in action.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildGod that thing looked so much cooler in Black metallic, hell its a pitty he didnt hold on to his bren ten along with the testarossas original color in S3. that would have been such an awesome combination with his S3 Look.

Best thing Jeff Fahey ever did was blow that auto up. Oh and the Lawnmower man film was cool too!!

Shill-- I thought you were my buddy! How can you say that? (a long time ago I know)Your Pal, maybe. :D:DS-B :):

Not to mention Rico was waiting in there with the stun gun in the same episode at the end.
Yeah another good one. :)
and jonny I love the corvette but the one in the show was never quite perfected for me in my mind and really looked like a a kit car in some shots even in s2 after its massive overhaul and thus I have a love hate kinda deal going with it whenever I watch the show.
Think I recall seeing screw heads in the headlight plexiglass and the Ferrari logo is not centered correctly' date=' as well as missing Tonneau covers at times. What else were you noticing?
althought they really should have left it in black metallic, I mean the white really brings out the boxyness of the front end which is what always drove me nuts about watching it in action.
Agree with you there too, but still whenever I see the opening credits of S4 or S5 and see the Testa struggling to round the corners I think man, the Daytona would handle the turns better than a production Ferarri.Nice pics BTW. :thumbsup:

Actually its kinda funny that you mention the handling of the thing. with the 512tr, the modernization of the testarossa they moved the engine a full foot forward to fix that problem and help the thing handle better, amongst many other mods to it.and also its kind of an unspoken rule that you wait for the second revision of a ferrari model to come out before you buy it (most of the time) like with the ferrari 348 to the 355, then the 355 to the 360 then to the 430, althought I dont think that applies to the italia... yetill further elaborate on the things that drive me nuts with the daytona tommorow with photos, I've got a ton of stuff to catch up on tonight and I need to go shoping before the storm hitsand also I need to get back to my contribution to the site as well, kinda been regrouping with that.

Actually its kinda funny that you mention the handling of the thing. with the 512tr' date=' the modernization of the testarossa they moved the engine a full foot forward to fix that problem and help the thing handle better, amongst many other mods to it.and also its kind of an unspoken rule that you wait for the second revision of a ferrari model to come out before you buy it (most of the time) like with the ferrari 348 to the 355, then the 355 to the 360 then to the 430, althought I dont think that applies to the italia... yetill further elaborate on the things that drive me nuts with the daytona tommorow with photos, I've got a ton of stuff to catch up on tonight and I need to go shoping before the storm hitsand also I need to get back to my contribution to the site as well, kinda been regrouping with that.[/quote'] So I wasn't the only one then to notice the Testa swaying badly in the turn in the opening credits then. I think I mentioned I have an upgraded racing suspension on my McBurnie and I have taken some sharp turns at about 60 mph with no swaying at all. Thanks Kavinsky. Your car knowledge never ceases to amaze. Look forward to hearing from you again. :thumbsup:

Thanks and Its kinda funny in this shot from a death and a lady you can see how it looked from inside the car when they were filming that shot:

This was great--many thanks for this. The music was perfect as well with Truth' date=' [i']The Edge of Town, for this scene. OK, so maybe I like the Testa just a little bit more now. ;);)(Happy LMD?) ;);)

so this hasn't satisfied you anyway? ;):):p

Nope not yet satisfied. ;);)I'd have to drive one I think to appreciate it as much as you do. Maybe this summer I will see the owner of the Red one around my town and ask for a test ride....or maybe we will go out on the roads for a little race......;);)What do you think Kavinsky, does my McBurnie have a chance?

Nope not yet satisfied. ;);)I'd have to drive one I think to appreciate it as much as you do. Maybe this summer I will see the owner of the Red one around my town and ask for a test ride....or maybe we will go out on the roads for a little race......;);)What do you think Kavinsky' date=' does my McBurnie have a chance?[/quote'] What year chassis is your Daytona and what engine does it have?

What year chassis is your Daytona and what engine does it have?

I have an 81 chassis and 350 small block. Just rebuilt the differential and have big rear tires (255) so have plenty of torque, and have the upgraded racing suspension. Figure only around 200hp but with a lot of torque, small body and weight, and good balance it performs better than the hp would indicate.