End of Prodigal Son

MVfan

I really like the score at the end of Prodigal Son, when Crockett & Tubbs return to OCB. Was this song released?

If my memory serves me correctly, the Jan Hammer tune that played at the end was "Candy", which can be found on Jan's 2004 Miami Vice compilation album.

The actual track itself was never released in it's short version from prodigal son. It was a shortened version of CANDY that was performed just for that scene.It was posted on a JAN HAMMER website a while ago, but the admin never fixed the track of music when it went down.

Is this song on any releases other than the very rare "Miami Vice: The Complete Collection"? I saw another compilation called "The Ultimate Collection" on Amazon, but couldn't find a track listing.

It's on all the cd versions of "THE COMPLETE COLLECTION". I do NOT believe it's on the "ULTIMATE COLECTION".One has to remember, JAN HAMMER redid this track on the cds. It's good, but doesn't exactly sound like the versions in the series (which saddned me). The sequencers were different.Other tracks that are on the cds sound just like the stuff in ther series, but this one is slightly different for some reason.You can hear this cd track from CANDY on YOU TUBE. I think you just have to type in "JAN HAMMER CANDY". -COOP

Is this the scene where Gina has her arm in a cast and Castillo says open up the case on Newton Blade again?

I didn't know there was a scene where they return to OCB, the DVD always stops as they are at the airport.

I didn't know there was a scene where they return to OCB' date=' the DVD always stops as they are at the airport.[/quote']That's odd......

That's odd......

On my DVD, it gets to where Tubbs catches up with Crockett at the airport and Crockett says something like "I thought you would never make it, partner." then it skips to the next episode.

• 2 months later...
On my DVD' date=' it gets to where Tubbs catches up with Crockett at the airport and Crockett says something like "I thought you would never make it, partner." then it skips to the next episode.[/quote']That is odd ! Must be a fault on your dvd if it skips to the next episode on the set. "Candy" composed for The Prodigal Son, and later popped up in "French Twist" - was that originally composed for The Prodigal Son or was it released for "Golden Triangle".There was some marvellous music in The Prodigal Son episode from Jan Hammer.

• Administrators
On my DVD' date=' it gets to where Tubbs catches up with Crockett at the airport and Crockett says something like "I thought you would never make it, partner." then it skips to the next episode.[/quote']That would be the crappy double sided DVDs. On the pilot, it freezes at Scotties house when Sonny and Scottie are in the car and won't play past that! :evil:

on the candy song, i have the original version if anyone needs it. it's kind of short, but great.pm me if you want it.

on the candy song' date=' i have the original version if anyone needs it. it's kind of short, but great.pm me if you want it.[/quote']Is this the version found on "The Last Frontier"?I didn't like the echo delay he added to the lead line on the new version from 'The (in)Complete Collection". ;-)

it's 1:21 long if that helps. what is the last frontier?

That's the length of the tune from 'TLF'. I'm sure they're the same.BTW, the video was also released under the name 'Spacial Odyssey'.

awesome. thanks! i still have a vcr (and a dvd recorder) :dance:could someone briefly explain what's going on in this video for me? are there JH songs with no dialogue? what songs are they? i probably have them already.

• Administrators

I have never seen the video. My understanding was it was a promotional video for N.A.S.A. Maybe someone else knows more? I am surprised at the price in the link I gave you since it's been out of print for some time and has sold for much more!