Anyone else have the Miami Vice board game?

cybercop106

Anybody else have the Miami Vice official licensed board game from Universal City Studios and Mechandising Corporation of America (1984)?? With instructions, spinnerboard, AAA map board, all the cards, cars and a black dice?? http://miami-vice.ws/picture.php?albumid=12&pictureid=68http://miami-vice.ws/picture.php?albumid=12&pictureid=69http://miami-vice.ws/picture.php?albumid=12&pictureid=70 Come over and visit....... we can play a few games....... :cool:

I have 2One that I (my parents payed as i was 10yrs)bought in Miami in 1986 afte looking at the Scarab, and one i bought on Ebay.Its coooool!!!

• Administrators

Got mine on ebay a few years ago. Think I won it for less than $20! Haven't played it yet.

• 6 months later...

I finally won a cheap one on eBay this week. It is on the way to me via mail. It is missing one of the forty car markers, but otherwise is complete inside. The outside of the box has water damage, but for the price, three bucks, plus shipping, which was seven, for a total of ten or so, it is well worth it. I plan on ordering an upgrade box soon; I noticed that lots of the Miami Vice board games on auction are missing pieces, so I figured I could have a mint board game soon. I do plan on playing it.

I finally won a cheap one on eBay this week. It is on the way to me via mail. It is missing one of the forty car markers' date=' but otherwise is complete inside. The outside of the box has water damage, but for the price, three bucks, plus shipping, which was seven, for a total of ten or so, it is well worth it. I plan on ordering an upgrade box soon; I noticed that lots of the Miami Vice board games on auction are missing pieces, so I figured I could have a mint board game soon. I do plan on playing it.[/quote']Bring it over. Let's play dude! :thumbsup:

Hey Coop, I am game (enough cheese there for my fellow Vicers?) Should I wear my Fezza blazer and Wayfarers when I come by your place? All jokes aside, I will play through the game, and I will let you guys and gals know how it is. I have a small but steadily growing of goodies associated with the show, including the first two novels, all five seasons on dvd, the Fezza blazer, and now the board game. I think I am going to get the action figures next, and then set my sights on whatever else I can find and afford.

I have the action figures. I wish they had more of the cast though. I'd love to have a castillo.Yeah, bring the shades and your blazer, and let's live the life of MIAMI VICE!(I love being in that world.)The more you get into it, and surround yourself with vice items, it becomes more real, and more fun!!!

I love living the life! I watch the series a few times a week, I play "Vice City" and "Scarface" on my PS2 and imagine myself in that world, and I don (get it) my blazer and pastel tshirt and go out in public. Sometimes when I am at the shooting range, I pretend I am Sonny shooting the bad guys (major cheese I know). In fact, I was in Washington, D.C. this summer and wore it out my first day touring the city. Maybe I will post the pictures of that sometime. Haha.

I love living the life! I watch the series a few times a week' date=' I play "Vice City" and "Scarface" on my PS2 and imagine myself in that world, and I don (get it) my blazer and pastel tshirt and go out in public. Sometimes when I am at the shooting range, I pretend I am Sonny shooting the bad guys (major cheese I know). In fact, I was in Washington, D.C. this summer and wore it out my first day touring the city. Maybe I will post the pictures of that sometime. Haha.[/quote']That's the spirit! :thumbsup:Remember, your amoung like minded people here.

• 5 weeks later...

Well guys, I have played the game numerous times with my girlfriend (she is half Colombian by the way even though she is fairer than me...lol), and I have to say, it ROCKS! I am not saying this because I am a huge fan of Miami Vice either. The game incorporates tons of strategy, a little bit of luck, and even the ability to mislead (having a good poker face helps.) The game is set up for two, three, or four players. If two people play, one plays as the police or Vice, and one plays as the criminal. If three people play, one player is Vice and the other two are criminals. If four people play, two are Vice and two are criminals.Each player is given ten cars. The Vice cars are blue and black, and the criminal cars are yellow and red. The game board is an actual AAA map of Miami! It is a big, sturdy board, (a tri-fold)obviously, since it has all of the street names and landmarks, like airports, hospitals, harbors, keys (it was cool because during one gaming session we had the pilot episode playing in the background and it mentioned Virginia Key.) Sure enough, Virginia Key is on the game board. I have learned a lot about the city and the street names from playing this game. I wonder if most of the street names are the same? I know the landmarks are, and the bodies of water. Player movement is determined by rolling a six sided die. You can have up to all ten of your cars on the board at once, so it takes some thought as to which car you want to move that designated time.The object of the game, if you are the criminal, is to get to your secret drop point before the cops catch you. If you are Vice, you try to find the secret drop point before the criminal reaches it. When a Vice cop lands on a Drop Point Letter, he asks if this is the criminal's drop point. If it is, he (Vice) wins. If it is not, the game continues.Either player can also try to land on another player's car. If you can eliminate your opponent's cars, you win as well. If that happens, the player that landed on the other player gets to spin a wheel. The wheel has spots marked on it like Escape, Injury, Caught, Death, etc. The only way to avoid spinning the wheel is if the player that was landed on has a black card that allows him to avoid a confontation. There are eleven or twelve drop points, each designated by a letter. (I am at work and don't have access to the board right now). The secret drop point is determined by a card each criminal draws from the drop point cards at the beginning of the game. These cards are red on one side, with the classic Miami Vice logo. The front side, that is face down, looks something like this--Drop Point G.-Miami Intl. Airport. This red deck is only used at the start of the game, and only the criminals use them. Once the criminal player(s) draw a card, they keep it face down in front of them until the end of the game.The other deck is a black deck with the Miami Vice logo on one side, and specific instructions on the other. These cards are drawn throughout the game when a player, either a Vice cop or a criminal, lands on a spot with a dark circle. These cards can be a help to the player, like the Warrant card or Witness card that allows players when landed on to escape, etc., or the cards can be bad, as in allowing the player to your left to send you back to start or a Shooting Incident that basically kills one of your men/cars. If you have a fellow Vice fan available, please do yourself a favor and buy this game. You will enjoy it time and time again.Even if you do not have a Vice fan nearby, buy the game just for your collection. I can guarantee you that a person who is not a fan of the show will enjoy playing the game. It is excellent.I will try to post close up pictures of the game board, pieces, etc. soon.

• 2 years later...

board game looks and sounds cool!question to cooper+burnett on the figures-i have tubbs and i was put off buying crockett from the pics i seen without his glasses on he just didnt look anything like don i thought-am i wrong?

• 1 month later...

I have the board game...it's not bad. It's a typical 80's game for younger kids. Nothing overly exciting. I was only able to play 2 rounds at the most before getting a little bored. It is however a great collectable and not too hard to find for sale or too expensive to buy either....which is why I bought it!What I would REALLY like to get is the original Miami Vice slot car race set!

• 1 month later...

I got that game a couple weeks ago.I love how you get a cool image of Crockett and Tubbs where the spinner is on,the Miami Vice logo on the cards,and the game board itself of the Miami city.Another one for my Miami Vice collection!

I got that game a couple weeks ago.I love how you get a cool image of Crockett and Tubbs where the spinner is on' date='the Miami Vice logo on the cards,and the game board itself of the Miami city.Another one for my Miami Vice collection![/quote']I think the game board itself is the coolest thing about the game...