Episode #10 "Give A Little Take A Little"

Ferrariman

1 minute ago, Jack Gretsky said:

My one problem with the scene of Crockett and Tubbs scaring Bob straight was Tubbs looking on with a big grin as Sonny tells Bob what awaits him in prison and that his wife might leave him.  Come on, Tubbs.  You shouldn't be finding this amusing! :freeze:

This is true!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jack Gretsky said:

My one problem with the scene of Crockett and Tubbs scaring Bob straight was Tubbs looking on with a big grin as Sonny tells Bob what awaits him in prison and that his wife might leave him.  Come on, Tubbs.  You shouldn't be finding this amusing! :freeze:

Yeah, I think they were purposely trying to scare Bob, to get him to talk...by trying to get him to understand what prison would be like, and that his wife might not stick around if he went there. I don’t really think Tubbs or Crockett found any of it amusing in reality...but they had to play the parts to get the info they needed. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Yeah, I think they were purposely trying to scare Bob, to get him to talk...by trying to get him to understand what prison would be like, and that his wife might not stick around if he went there. I don’t really think Tubbs or Crockett found any of it amusing in reality...but they had to play the parts to get the info they needed. 

Maybe that's it.  Tubbs was smiling with glee just to let Bob think he wasn't getting any sympathy from either of them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Oh yeah, I'm sure Bob ended up fine (We just know he didn't have any bad intentions, just did the wrong favor), and I agree that Crockett had to be rough. As others have mentioned before, Crockett was always able to gear down and read people and the situation as it was, instead of being stubborn. I think both Crockett & Bob ended up serving each other well.

From my studies and observations on the show, I’d have to say this is one of the rare times Crockett acts like this in Season 1. It’s not just that he’s rough with Bob, but there seemed to be this brash attitude Crockett had that was kinda out of character. In this scene Crockett lacked the calm professionalism we would usually see and was more gunhoe about the situation. 

Im just talking about this scene. Crockett goes back to his usual self after this. Great episode, very dark a d great music from Jan. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I liked this episode and it's a solid 8/10 for me. The intro was on of the best from S1, especially the 'Gaiety burlesque' bit and Gina & Trudy shopping for clothes. C&T playing 'bad cops' to scare the guy at the warehouse was gold. Crockett goes to jail for contempt of court for the first time.

Something wrong with editing during towards the end when C&T rush to save Gina.

I noticed some stock footage of Miami night life:
image.png.e0ac9eab729b50ccf064cd9748eb1beb.png

image.png.fd060500dd09bf163ccb08e2a9e662fc.png

Tubbs nearly gets shot again since the pilot :)

image.png.87036d320483c0b36d97311dc4dca0a0.png

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 10/1/2023 at 6:14 PM, Vicefan7777 said:

A very serious and enjoyable episode.  Gena gives a gut wrenching performance.  Burt Young is terrific as a villain.  

Yes very true - just brilliant.

Burt Young did a great job always great to see Tony Plana. Gina was brilliant. 10/10