McBurnie Daytona Replica on eBay

Scot from S.C.

I am seriously tempted--http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-365-GTB-MIAMI-VICE-DAYTONA-SPYDER-McBURNIE-365-GTB-LT1-CORVETTE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a3Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c097b22c3QQitemZ120418149059QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucksI had a Trans Am with the LT1' date=' and I know from experience this is a great engine and transmission combo in this car. It should be a real screamer too.[/quote']This is one of the best looking Daytonas I have seen on Ebay in a while. Well worth the cash, if you have it lying around.

is it just me, or does the suspension look to be a little low on the back? look at that 3/4 angle. the car looks to be squatting a bit. is that an easy adjustment? am i being to observant? :)i do agree about this being the best mv daytona in recent memory on ebay.

is it just me' date=' or does the suspension look to be a little low on the back? look at that 3/4 angle. the car looks to be squatting a bit. is that an easy adjustment? am i being to observant? :)i do agree about this being the best mv daytona in recent memory on ebay.[/quote']I agree, but that is more a preference thing. You don't want the car to sit too low, or a full tank and two passengers may have you stranded on a speed bump. The thing that scares me is the exhaust being where you would burn yourself getting something out of the trunk. But that's just me. Overall a good looking car with lots of potential. With a little work, and a small expenditure, it could be magnificent with that engine.

I saw this one last week the first time thru and netted 24K or so with the reserve not met....I was wondering when someone was gonna bring it up...I guess it's the same here with replicas as it's cheaper to buy than to build, and YES, this is a nice one, not that I've seen many, yet you can tell the detail in the photo's and even the engine compartment detail....Somebody loved this car....Even me and it has my motor going.....I'll be a bit closer by November if things stay going the way they are...:thumbsup:....This is just a nice car to start with...First stop? In my barn for a fresh coat of paint!!

The lights are round so thats diff from Sonnys car, also dashboard and instruments. Side panels in the door are black not yello as the one in MV. + + som small diffs, but sure nice car....also its in MIAMI!!!!!!

Great example. Just another note are the rear light clusters setup. As you can see from my display pic, the orange coloured lights are on the inside and red brake lights outside.However, in the ebay car they are the other way around (probably the right way legally).BTW - why do they have the MV Daytona car with orange lights on as cruising lights at night?I always thought indicator lights should be on the corners of any light cluster... legally even?

Geez that's tempting........ but the wife (or should I say "Admiral") wants a houseboat or Cabin Cruiser. Let's see; wife or Daytona, wife or Daytona; man I HATE these tough decisions........ :confused: Yeah, yeah, you know it will be "wife"............ I waited 20 years to get her back!!! :happy:

Great example. Just another note are the rear light clusters setup. As you can see from my display pic' date=' the orange coloured lights are on the inside and red brake lights outside.However, in the ebay car they are the other way around (probably the right way legally).BTW - why do they have the MV Daytona car with orange lights on as cruising lights at night?I always thought indicator lights should be on the corners of any light cluster... legally even?[/quote']The orange lights were used because that bulb on the Corvette was the turn signal and the parking lights (which were red on the Vette and on destined-for-America Ferraris). When McBurnie, and then the later builders, did the transition from Vette to Daytona they chose the European version tail lights which are red and amber. According to most authorities, the red light should be on the inside and the amber on the outside. McBurnie built the cars with the lights inverted, and the show car always had the amber lights on the inside. Most kit builders prefer to have the car set up like rebuilders of Ferraris recommend (amber on the outside-brake lights on the inside). But there is no absolute, as I have seen real Daytonas with the colors inverted, too. For instance, the horse (like in your avatar) appears on the left on some cars, on the right on others-even in the same year. But the MV cars had no horse and no backup lights (and I would think back-up lights are required as well). Hope that makes sense!

Jurrasic' date=' you sure know your stuff![/quote']And this is coming from someone who can look at an article of clothing and tell you the manufacturer, the thread count and the weight of the material-oh yes, and lest we forget, the episode and scene it was worn in!!!I am but a humble beginner compared to the masters who visit this site!

• 1 year later...

Another McBurnie for saleHere's another for sale on Ebay (for only about 3 more hours) that looks pretty good other than paint and a few other items. No reserve either. If it sells at the current price that is quite a deal IMO. Good luck :radar:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150451560061&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

• Administrators

I'd love to buy it and spend a lot of time restoring it!I think that would be a cool project. Just need an extra 10 grand and 10 more to restore!Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Just watched the end of the auction. It was at 9,300 until the last few seconds then it sold for 10,655!

Just watched the end of the auction. It was at 9' date='300 until the last few seconds then it sold for 10,655![/quote'] They got a good price. I've seen them go for more in the $20K range.