MY NEWEST CROCKETT BLAZERS

COOPER&BURNETT

I absolutely don't want a man to feel inadequate just because he can't buy me one of those rings. Whatever ring he gives to me I'll be on cloud 9!It could be just like in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" where Paul gives Holly a ring he found in crisps and he has it engraved in the store.In any case Tiffany has beautiful sterling silver rings at $200 and they're perfect because they'd match the things I already own.All of my Tiffany & Co. jewellery are in this material' date=' since I can't afford anything more.But if he REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to buy me one, and I say "No darling, don't worry, I'll do without it, our love is what counts" but he doesn't listen to me and he INSISTS that he REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to buy me one.......Tiffany & Co. makes payment plans! ;)[/quote']If you do decide to get married, are you willing to relocate to a different country, or is that a deal breaker because you won't leave Italy?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Pandina

• Richie Rich

• JSCrockett

Yikes!My brain hurts!Somebody hand me an extra large Mojito. Or a Margarita. Or just hit me in the head with a hammer. :rolleyes:

Are you ok now Richie? :)

No offense' date=' but a ring does not a marriage make.[/quote']Sure, Stinger, no offense, I just don’t know the meaning of your sentence so what I’m writing next won’t probably make sense. My mum got a small and cheap ring cause my dad couldn’t afford more and after 43 years of marriage they’re the perfect couple to me.I reckon that dreaming about a $16,500 Tiffany’s engagement ring is not something people would expect from a grown up woman but dreams cost nothing and, besides this, life has slapped me in the face many times that once in a while going back to teenage dreams works. The whole thing about the rings was after Richie’s definition of “high maintenance GFâ€. I don’t give importance to pricey things and surely I don’t choose a man because of his bank account. I got a golden Claddagh as engagement ring, it wasn’t big, not that bright, not branded at all but it was 100% perfect because that ring meant love, nothing more and nothing less.
If you do decide to get married' date=' are you willing to relocate to a different country, or is that a deal breaker because you won't leave Italy?[/quote']That’s about turning my whole life upside down, so I’d be extremely cautious before making a decision because if things go wrong it’d be a disaster!It’s not like when you split up with someone in your town, you go left, the other goes right and if paths cross you can always switch the street you’re walking down.

Well said, Pandina!Every woman I know has a dream of her perfect engagement ring - it's the most treasured piece of jewelry we'll ever own, because of it's symbolism. And yes, my friends who are married often didn't receive the "dream" version but are even happier with the ring they did get, even if it's a plain gold band.

And yes' date=' my friends who are married often didn't receive the "dream" version but are even happier with the ring they did get, even if it's a plain gold band.[/quote']I agree Murphy!In teenage years I thought and dreamt of my engagement ring, but when I actually got one, it made me feel like I was thinking about it for the very first time in my life. Probably because I got a Claddagh and didn't remember how to wear it... so embarassing! :o

• 4 weeks later...
Yes' date=' I am feeling better now. Thanks for asking Pandina.And - I've decided to take the brave step and actually try to hang out at some places to meet women this weekend. Wish me luck (try to imagine the smiley face guy banging his head against the brick wall thingie here, since the site doesn't have one).[/quote']RICHIE!!!You don't need it but since you've asked...GOOD LUCK!Come on, I've seen your pics at Indy and I think you have some resemblance with Nelson Piquet (only that you have light brown hair).Oh and don't take a high maintenance GF. Look at all the mess I caused with the engagement ring! ;)

Yes' date=' I am feeling better now. Thanks for asking Pandina.And - I've decided to take the brave step and actually try to hang out at some places to meet women this weekend. Wish me luck (try to imagine the smiley face guy banging his head against the brick wall thingie here, since the site doesn't have one).[/quote']Best of luck Richie...i'm sure there someone out there for you. And of course you have impeccable taste! :)

Sorry about the thread-napping Coop.Can I see some more blazer pics? Armani should be next up' date=' please.[/quote']I don't have any new blazers I want to post right now.We all care about you and your happiness pal.

• 10 months later...

Here's a few more shots of a vintage "VICE STYLE" unlined blazer.This is what I wore today. Notice the 18k gold President ROLEX.Eingefügtes Bild

Here's a few more shots of a vintage "VICE STYLE" unlined blazer.Eingefügtes Bild

NICE COOP!!!!:glossy::clap::thumbsup: You look GREAT in it!!!!:thumbsup::happy::clap: Season 4 right?:confused: I'm at a toss up between "By Hooker By Crook" or "A Rock & A Hard Place".:rolleyes:

Glad you like it!It's a vintage 80's blazer, but it was NOT actually used in MIAMI VICE. It LOOKS like it could though! :thumbsup::shout: I LOVE MIAMI VICE!!!! :shout:

Here's a few more shots of a vintage "VICE STYLE" unlined blazer.This is what I wore today. Notice the 18k gold President ROLEX.Eingefügtes Bild

I'd fire that photographer of yours...........................Your head is missing again?:balloon::D:)Nice jacket though!

I'd fire that photographer of yours...........................Your head is missing again?:balloon::D:)Nice jacket though!

I'd have to fire myself then, as I put the camera on a timer. :)

Thanks Pandina and EasyEd.Now that I can take my own photos, I can try on anything I have, and don't have to wait to find someone to take my picture. I can do it myself!

I'd fire also the location manager... Coop's home is beautiful and still all the pics are taken in the half bathroom! ;):)

I'd fire also the location manager... Coop's home is beautiful and still all the pics are taken in the half bathroom! ;):)

Nope, this is the first photo in one of the full bathrooms!

• 1 month later...

Here's two more of my newest blazers.I thought this one was kinda cool, so even though it wasn't actually on MIAMI VICE, it looks like it could have been.Eingefügtes Bild