Show your car

admin1389294680

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

What the hey, I figured this was the time for a bump.Not quite Vice-like, although technically the model did come out in '88-'89. Fairly close color to Tubbs' Caddy, too(at least when the light catches it right):Eingefügtes BildThis is a 1995 BMW 540i. It's equipped with a 6-speed manual; a very rare 1995 only option. While it's not as prestigious as the M5, the 282HP V8 that it comes with puts it pretty close in the performance department. :thumbsup:It still needs a little work done, especially in the interior department, but it's coming along quite nicely.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
Just now, Dadrian said:

I didn’t know about this thread. Nice resurrection, @PGJ!

been a member for a long time but only recently got back into my MV groove and I've been enjoying catching up on whats been going on!

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

I’m not a fan of new cars. Personally, I like cars from the 50s to 80s the best. My dream car has always been a 1957 Corvette. Maybe someday...

I’ve also always had a soft-spot for older Jeep Cherokees. They remained about the same from 1984 to 2001 with little updates here and there. A couple years ago I found one in my favorite color, which is turquoise/bright teal/aqua-ish (anything in that range). I couldn’t believe I found a Cherokee in that color! I had to buy it! I’ve done a lot of work restoring/babying it. Some may know Wisconsin is not friendly to steel. I’ve done work to fix rust and the paint, etc. I try to take good care of her!

While this color was popular in the 80s, it wasn’t very popular for automobiles until the early 90s I think? This Cherokee is a 1997. Anyway, I think the color works for a Miami Vice fan!

5D82E2A5-5CDA-4BD1-829D-B8C90E1CF325.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

I’m not a fan of new cars. Personally, I like cars from the 50s to 80s the best. My dream car has always been a 1957 Corvette. Maybe someday...

I’ve also always had a soft-spot for older Jeep Cherokees. They remained about the same from 1984 to 2001 with little updates here and there. A couple years ago I found one in my favorite color, which is turquoise/bright teal/aqua-ish (anything in that range). I couldn’t believe I found a Cherokee in that color! I had to buy it! I’ve done a lot of work restoring/babying it. Some may know Wisconsin is not friendly to steel. I’ve done work to fix rust and the paint, etc. I try to take good care of her!

While this color was popular in the 80s, it wasn’t very popular for automobiles until the early 90s I think? This Cherokee is a 1997. Anyway, I think the color works for a Miami Vice fan!

5D82E2A5-5CDA-4BD1-829D-B8C90E1CF325.jpeg

My old VW camper van is a color called dove blue metallic.  Blue used to be a far more common color in years past.  You don’t see it a lot anymore.  I read an interview with Bob Lutz, former CEO of GM and a real car guy, not a bean counter.  He lamented the lack of color with cars today.  He said three quarters of cars today are black, white, or some shade of gray or silver.  That seemed like an exaggeration but I don’t think it is.  I’ve pointed it out to my wife several times when we’re stopped at a crowded intersection.  I’ll count 25 cars in those “colors” and maybe 4-5 in actual colors.  Congratulations on your colorful  purchase!

I posted a couple of pictures of my van on this thread several years ago but it was covered in snow from a recent trip to the mountains.  I still have it.  It’s 32 years old now and my daily driver.  Here’s a shot from the parking garage where I live and a cool print my wife made of it using some kind of photoshop app.  The picture was taken while camping down in San Diego.  It looks very blue!

9D12E1AD-CD8B-4415-BF9C-2EAB86DD6B46.jpeg

A173E926-7E42-4D98-BC66-B54276D1E6F3.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pahonu said:

My old VW camper van is a color called dove blue metallic.  Blue used to be a far more common color in years past.  You don’t see it a lot anymore.  I read an interview with Bob Lutz, former CEO of GM and a real car guy, not a bean counter.  He lamented the lack of color with cars today.  He said three quarters of cars today are black, white, or some shade of gray or silver.  That seemed like an exaggeration but I don’t think it is.  I’ve pointed it out to my wife several times when we’re stopped at a crowded intersection.  I’ll count 25 cars in those “colors” and maybe 4-5 in actual colors.  Congratulations on your colorful  purchase!

I posted a couple of pictures of my van on this thread several years ago but it was covered in snow from a recent trip to the mountains.  I still have it.  It’s 32 years old now and my daily driver.  Here’s a shot from the parking garage where I live and a cool print my wife made of it using some kind of photoshop app.  The picture was taken while camping down in San Diego.  It looks very blue!

Very cool! I like it! I really like older VWs. I’ve always greatly admired the VW Cabriolets until 1993 or whenever they changed them. And I definitely agree about car colors being very plain nowadays. Another color you’ll see on a million cars is dark red, at least around here.

Dadrian, that Maserati must have been expensive!

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2020 at 7:53 PM, AndrewRemington said:

Very cool! I like it! I really like older VWs. I’ve always greatly admired the VW Cabriolets until 1993 or whenever they changed them. And I definitely agree about car colors being very plain nowadays. Another color you’ll see on a million cars is dark red, at least around here.

Found this article today.  My suspicions have been verified by hard data.  :)

https://apple.news/AOCYYv4gGSBW2SEp4Pree6Q

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:53 PM, AndrewRemington said:

Idk why I didn’t respond. My apologies. 

The purchase of the car itself was not so bad, but the Ferrari parts and service are pretty bad. :) 

• Haha 1

this is my everyday car that i use for everything. i also own a scooter, but i'm thinking of stopping it. i'm not gonna start a debate over here, but let's say i find the mountain bike great for both health, and global warming (very cheap on gas too, and CO2 :)). on holidays i usually rent a car. last month i rented a 40 000€ car for a price you won't suspect :), for my Savoy holidays. that way you skip the insurance, maintenance, and loss over reselling :thumbsup:. the car i rented had 2500 km on the clock :)

6lrq.jpg

and this is the scoot, that i almost never use anymore. and that i scratched while trying to reach a very, very remote Mediterranean beach :)

a32i.jpg

and in bonus a pic of my Savoy holidays :)

3x1b.jpg

@jim: this is what you need to pick, when you're gonna change :). seriously why changing when it runs great :thumbsup:

https://www.cdiscount.com/auto/mobilite-urbaine-zero-emission/go-ride-80pro-night-edition-trottinette-electriq/f-1335501-auc3700092654835.html?idOffre=-1&cid=search_txt&cm_mmc=PLA!COR!AUT!CD!287418338!bing&msclkid=f8a4f39a9e1f125b6ae9acf0ac9ec0db&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA_COR_CD_AUT&utm_term=4581596239204321&utm_content=auto - moto>vehicule>trottinette electrique

Edited by jpaul1
  • Like 2

The current work car, Cayenne. Nose got hit about a year ago with some sort of grease on the freeway, looked like a Dalmation. Took a year to get it to this point.

Upgrade next year is in order. 

Car.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

Seriously? "In the air tonight."

Seriously. 

And I knew I was gonna have to total “duh!!!” the moment it was revealed. :) 

Thanks. 

No problem. I worked DMV at one point, so you get pretty good at decoding those (even though this one was kinda a 'duh' moment) since the state ALWAYS wants to know what they mean.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, miamijimf said:

A 21 yr old Ford F-150 with a gun rack but it's paid for and runs good.

Well, I’ll match your 21 yr old Ford F-150 with my own 21 yr old F-150 but mine is minus the gun rack but it too is paid for and runs good. It’s my weekend warrior. Red paint job - what’s left of it is a hot mess, the leather seats are all torn and cracked. Dash is broken on top from heat. OD is approaching 220,000 miles...but hey “she’s got it where it counts kid.” (that needs to go in the other thread)

Daily driver is an 02 Jaguar X-Type. It’s a cat thing...:)

• Like 3