MV Scarab for $48K

Dadrian

I've seen off shore racers before, and I LOVE the sound of them when going full speed!It's like a Ferrari for the water!!

Actually, the sound you hear on MIAMI VICE for the Stinger, and the Scarab is highly accurate.

Exactly..."OFFSHORE SPEED BOAT" which is what it is..........................

as opposed to "ONSHORE SPEED BOAT" :)Eingefügtes Bild

Actually' date=' the sound you hear on MIAMI VICE for the Stinger, and the Scarab is highly accurate.[/quote']I mention this because many people don't think about the fact that the Daytona replica does NOT sound like a FERRARI as it's a Corvette, and doesn't think about the fact the Ferrari sound was DUBBED when the Daytona is on screen. :baby:

Yeah, my bad. The Motion XP-35 I referenced has a 9'3" beam. I grew up around Lake of the Ozarks with two older cousins who had a 1973 Cigarette Racing Team boat, so I have just called all long slender racing type craft a "Cigarette boat" since then. Now that I'm living in a REAL offshore powerboat state, I should be more conscientious about proper nomenclature.............. Funny, I've got a Seadoo, and have a habit of calling other wave runners "seadoos" as a generic term......... I'm really gonna have to work on my vernacular.................

I am looking to obtain all the Scarab KV info I can, since I own one. If you have any stuff, Magazines, Ads, PIctures whatever and want to share ($$) let me know please!Randy38KV Scarab Miami Vice

• Administrators
I am looking to obtain all the Scarab KV info I can' date=' since I own one. If you have any stuff, Magazines, Ads, PIctures whatever and want to share ($$) let me know please!Randy38KV Scarab Miami Vice[/quote']Did you take a look at the glossary info on this?Check it out, click ---> here

• Administrators

Stinger, if your willing to share what you have with the group, send me what you have and I'll add it to the glossary.Up to you buddy.

• 1 month later...

Well Jcm...if you were not aware, there are about a hundred "ORIGINAL" boats out there.........................Everyone and their brother claims to own it!Wellcraft made quite a lot of these models to the tune of about a hundred units or more (no one seems to have exact numbers?)My Stinger however is one of only twelve built and no...mine was NOT on the show, nor do I claim that. I own hull number 102 of the production run of 1985, but WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many guys claim to have the "Original" Don Johnson" Scarab.I see it every week somewhere on the net...its a joke. Everytime I see one go up for sale in either CA, WI, KY or FLA or Germany, it claims to be the one on the TV Show :(

Everyone and their brother claims to own it! :(

The funniest claim, was the guy that had the Universal Theme Park's MV Stunt Show (Barris-designed) boat, claiming it was the same as used in the series...And posted it on YouTube, inter-cut with shots of MV eps with the real McCoy....I think the stunt show boat was <24' in length....My comment was:"Looks like a boat, only smaller".... Probably a similar line heard 'below deck' from his bikini-clad trolls...if he got any to board his dingy

Yah...hahahahahahahaaI saw that one too! What a hoot. I think it was a small single inboard about 19 feet or so. I did not make out the model but the upper deck was all wrong so definitely not of the scarab tradition.That stunt show was a crock too.

.....I've got a Seadoo' date=' and have a habit of calling other wave runners "seadoos" as a generic term......... I'm really gonna have to work on my vernacular.................[/quote']WaveRunners are by Yamaha...the generic term is the original 'Jet Ski' by KawasakiI've always generically called them Jet Skis...but those really imply a stand-up version...which take much more skill than a simple sit on type....

• Administrators

Do they still make the stand up version? I haven't seen those around for years? :confused:

Do they still make the stand up version? I haven't seen those around for years? :confused:
Kawasaki still makes it...it took the balance of a summer to 'master' standup riding....the stunts some of the pros can do are amazing in ocean swells' date=' and lake tracks...they also run 'AquaCross' races using standup versions...[url']http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/product-specifications.aspx?id=346Lake Havasuhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXUet54ScLk&feature=fvwThe girls at the start of the vid only make it more MV...the soundtrack is a bit 'heavy'....show some great stunts and racing.....

• 6 years later...
On 7/3/2009 at 9:47 AM, Stinger390X said:

Well Jcm...if you were not aware, there are about a hundred "ORIGINAL" boats out there.........................Everyone and their brother claims to own it!Wellcraft made quite a lot of these models to the tune of about a hundred units or more (no one seems to have exact numbers?)My Stinger however is one of only twelve built and no...mine was NOT on the show, nor do I claim that. I own hull number 102 of the production run of 1985, but WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many guys claim to have the "Original" Don Johnson" Scarab.I see it every week somewhere on the net...its a joke. Everytime I see one go up for sale in either CA, WI, KY or FLA or Germany, it claims to be the one on the TV Show :(

On 7/3/2009 at 9:36 AM, jcm8002204 said:

Another 'Original' Scarab...

Yet another 'original'...I think Wellcraft should COA all of the originals, and sue all the clones...http://www.autosalon-singen.de/Katalogfahrzeug_RecordView_Detail.cfm?fahrzeugID=01274_0000_06_06&languageID=GB

Ironically the Auto Solon boat was from the show. Was a season 5 boat.

Recently sold after sitting abandoned in a rack for five years in North Beach