Guns used in MV

timm525

• Administrators

Here's one for all you gun enthusiasts.In "Definitely Miami" at the start of the ep. you see the guy in the black Porsche drive out to the "sand mine" (for lack of a better term). After Charlie shoots him, you see Charlie reach into the money bag and pull out a semi automatic pistol. He looks at it and then tosses it away and keeps the money.Question: What is the make/model/caliber of that gun?(Hint: Clint Eastwood once use the same one in a famous film of his.)

• Administrators

Yes it is a .44 but it is not made by Smith and Wesson.Yes that is the gun in the pict I'm referring to.They were only manufactured from 1971 thru 1982.:radar:Hint: Dirty Harry

Believe the line used by Dirty Harry about this gun was "...if properly used it will remove the fingerprints..."

• Administrators

That is correct. Wish I had one. There about as expensive and hard to find as a Bren Ten.

That is correct. Wish I had one. There about as expensive and hard to find as a Bren Ten.

I'd love to find a Bren Ten. Do you have one and any suggestions about where to look?ThanksS-B

• Administrators

No, sadly I do not own a Bren Ten. Wish I did.The best place I've found is gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com Both have had them in the past but they were out of my budget. :cry:

I'd love to find a Bren Ten. Do you have one and any suggestions about where to look?ThanksS-B

Good luck with that, The Bren Ten has been made by a couple companies and did not sell terribly well. I believe there is a company in AZ who may be manufacturing them again. Getting the ammo is the biggest challenge.

Good luck with that' date=' The Bren Ten has been made by a couple companies and did not sell terribly well. I believe there is a company in AZ who may be manufacturing them again. Getting the ammo is the biggest challenge.[/quote']Thanks JonnyDaytona (love your handle) and timm525. I can only dream, probably re the Bren Ten. I did manage to pickup a vintage Jackass holster in really good condition earlier this year on Ebay that matches exactly one of Sonny's first seasons holsters (the one with the slightly wider shoulder straps). It would fit a larger caliber automatic such as the Bren or the S&W Sonny later used.

• Administrators

I've been looking for a year for the Jackass Rig on Ebay.I had to go with a Life Line/Ted Blocker rig that they made new for my S&W 645. At least they will still make them. I also understand that they can make a new Life Line for a Bren Ten too. May be the same holster or so I've heard.Love to find a Jackass (holster that is).

• Administrators

FWIW, you can buy the narrower straps from Galco if you want. They sell that stuff piece meal. Just can't get the holster for a Bren, or S&W 645 or 4506. That's the hard part.

FWIW' date=' you can buy the narrower straps from Galco if you want. They sell that stuff piece meal. Just can't get the holster for a Bren, or S&W 645 or 4506. That's the hard part.[/quote']Thanks, timm525. Believe the holster mine is designed to fit is a military 1911 model, Colt I think, but that should fit a larger caliber gun when I can find one. thanks for the tip about the narrower straps--seems Sonny was using these at different times in the first 2 seasonsOn Ebay, I snagged my Jackass rig by setting up an automatic search under Favorites in the left side toolbar. That way I was instantly notified when these hit Ebay and was able to get the jump on other bidders. I have seen about 3 of these in the last 12 months for sale in Ebay.

Thanks' date=' timm525. Believe the holster mine is designed to fit is a military 1911 model, Colt I think, but that should fit a larger caliber gun when I can find one. thanks for the tip about the narrower straps--seems Sonny was using these at different times in the first 2 seasonsOn Ebay, I snagged my Jackass rig by setting up an automatic search under Favorites in the left side toolbar. That way I was instantly notified when these hit Ebay and was able to get the jump on other bidders. I have seen about 3 of these in the last 12 months for sale in Ebay.[/quote']He switches guns a couple times, which explains the change of holsters. The Galco would be a great holster for a 1911 though....

• Administrators
Thanks' date=' timm525. Believe the holster mine is designed to fit is a military 1911 model, Colt I think, but that should fit a larger caliber gun when I can find one. thanks for the tip about the narrower straps--seems Sonny was using these at different times in the first 2 seasonsOn Ebay, I snagged my Jackass rig by setting up an automatic search under Favorites in the left side toolbar. That way I was instantly notified when these hit Ebay and was able to get the jump on other bidders. I have seen about 3 of these in the last 12 months for sale in Ebay.[/quote']Just a tip on the Galco holsters, they are molded to fit the gun they are designed for. Your 1911 holster will not fit a S&W 645 or 4506 or Bren Ten. You have to get the exact holster for the gun.Note: The S&W 645 and 4506 will fit the same holster provided they both have the extended (combat) trigger guard. My 645 fits in the Life Line rig and my 4506 which does not have the extended trigger guard, unfortunately, has to go in a Gould and Goodrich rig.