CROCKETT'S RED HELICOPTER PROP, PHOTOS & INFO

COOPER&BURNETT

At last, here is the FIRST EVER photos of CROCKETT'S DESK RED HELICOPTER PHOTOS on a MIAMI VICE website. (Once again, ANOTHER .WS EXCLUSIVE!)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

This fan favorite, and quite elusive red helicopter was a premium from a McDonalds HAPPY MEAL. It was from a line of happy meal toys called, AIRPORT. It's now actually rather rare as it was made in few numbers.The red helicopter was from 1982, and was only available in CANADA.In 1986, McDonalds brought the AIRPORT line back for it's happy meals in the U.S., but for the U.S. versions, the helicopters were green. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThe Helicopter is a BIG MAC helicopter. They also had the GRIMACE ace plane, and the HAMBURGLER BOAT.Eingefügtes BildThere was also a blue little helicopter to go along with the red and green version. Eingefügtes BildMacDonalds put out other helicopters in further happy meals, but none were as cute, or as whimsical as the little red one on Crockett's desk. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThe Helicopter's "face" was obviously patterned after their Mayor McCheese character (notice the eyes, eyebrows, nose, cheeks), but being Mayor McChesse was a cheeseburger, and thus a single patty, it can't actually be Mayor McCheese's likeness on the little red helicopter, because the helicopter is a double patty, and has seseme seeds on the bun.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild******************************************UPDATE!!!!***********************************************The little Red Helicopter was NOT patterned after Mayor McCheese after all, it was patterned after OFFICER BIG MAC, a lesser known character. From the below shot of the characters side by side, one can clearly tell that the hat on the Officer's head is the correct type on the helicopter. One can also clearly see that Mayor McCheese does NOT have sesame seeds on his cheeseburger head, but OFFICER BIG MAC does, and has double patties. This also would make sense, as CROCKETT is a Police Officer, so why not have Mcdonald's Police Officer character on his desK? It's a further connection. The little Red Helicopter is OFFICIALLY I.D.'d as "OFFICER BIG MAC".Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Like 1

THAT helicopter is... is...Eingefügtes Bild....Eingefügtes Bild....Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildIt would be perfect for me, matches my dress! One thing though: I don't fly in helicopters because I suffer from heights. Seriously C&B it's so cute! Flying strawberry... :)

The flying BIG MAC would be a great accessory for your dress! :thumbsup:You have STYLE!!! :clap::cheers:

Eingefügtes Bild

Pink plane is also interesting since I own a pink dress (took ages and many &%?%$/$£ to my owner to make it ;))I'll have to kill the pilot first.Roasted duck anyone?

The flying BIG MAC would be a great accessory for your dress! :thumbsup:

Yes I know.There's actually something about the helicopter that I don't like.It's YOURS.

There's actually something about the helicopter that I don't like.It's YOURS.

:)True, and I know how many VICE fans would like one, but in this case, at least I'm sharing the photos of it with you, and the rest of the world. I'm explaining what it is, and where it came from in detail. Nobody else has done that to such and extent.Besides, I'm the UBER MIAMI VICE COLLECTOR! :thumbsup:

I've never seen the Daytona at a McD's Drive Through...or was that from one of Billy's Happy Meals???

This brings us to a new member topic, within a topic.Question;How do YOU think CROCKETT got this red helicopter?My take is that Crockett took Billy out to McDonalds, and Billy left it in Crockett's family station wagon by mistake, and Crockett kept it to remind him of the fun of taking his son out for a fun meal and day out with his son.What's your take? Let's hear your ideas.
  • Like 1

How do YOU think CROCKETT got this red helicopter?My take is that Crockett took Billy out to McDonalds' date=' and Billy left it in Crockett's car by mistake, and Crockett kept it to remind him of the fun of taking his son out for a fun meal and day out with his son.[/quote']No.Crockett loved the helicopter and decided to keep it, making Billy cry all the way home.Later in his life Billy had to go to the shrink to recover from this childhood trauma.C&B, how did you get it, from ebay? Others available?
but in this case' date=' at least I'm sharing the photos of it with you, and the rest of the world. I'm explaining what it is, and where it came from in detail. Nobody else has done that to such and extent.[/quote']It's not enough.I'm spoiled and touchy.I want everything I see.I want the helicopter.I can give you some bamboo in exchange.No?I can give you 1 €, all that I have in my piggybank.No?I can ask my owner to try and convince you.She can be very persuasive.

No.Crockett loved the helicopter and decided to keep it' date=' making Billy cry all the way home.Later in his life Billy had to go to the shrink to recover from this childhood trauma.C&B, how did you get it, from ebay? Others available?[/quote']So THAT'S why Billy is so F-ed up!! :D Crockett STOLE his toy helicopter, and kept it to thow it in his face.Nice take Pandina. :D:D:DNo, I did not get it from ebay. I got it from a private collector / toy dealer, and there are not any left. I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.Let's hear other ideas from members on how YOU think Crockett got this helicopter. (this is fun!!!)

My take is that Crockett took Billy out to McDonalds' date=' and Billy left it in Crockett's family station wagon by mistake, and Crockett kept it to remind him of the fun of taking his son out for a fun meal and day out with his son.[/quote']I have a variation on this:Crockett took Billy to McD, Billy found the helicopter in his Happy Meal and decided to give it to his dad for his desk at work.
No' date=' I did not get it from ebay. I got it from a private collector / toy dealer, and there are not any left. I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.[/quote']Can I make you an offer you can't refuse?2 € !

Maybe he got it this way.Thanks for shareing it with us, I had never seen good pictures of that copter before.My take on how Sonny got it and keeps it as a special treasure.The Crocketts were on a vacation. It was a nice family vacation just the three of them on one of the rare times Sonny wasn't on the job. Caroline and he were still happily married, and Billy might have been 4 years old going on 5 maybe they went to Disney world or maybe just a visit to to the family in Atlanta (since that's where Caroline is originally from). They had a good visit, and they stopped at McDonald's for burgers and fries and a shake, and got Billy a happy meal. In the happy meal was a red helicopter. Billy couldn't put the thing together, so Sonny had to. Billy lost interest in the helicopter when he got his next bigger toy and the trip and the time together with Caroline and Billy meant so much to Sonny that he kept it on his desk to have a part of both of them with him. After the years, it may have lost special meaning most of the time since it became such a fixture, but on occasion it reminded him of happier times with his son and wife. :)I know Sappy. Of course if this copter is from Canada, maybe the family took a vacation in Canada and stopped at Mc Donalds there and brought it back with them.I'm wondering how DJ really got it. What's the story behind that Could it have been Jesse's and he and Patty went to Canada in 1982 and stopped at Mc Donald's and brougt it with him when he got Vice?

• Like 2

Nancy, it's not sappy it's great!I couldn't resist the temptation to joke about Crockett stealing it from Billy ;), but in my heart I too like to believe that it was a souvenir of a wonderful day.:clap:

Thanks for shareing it with us' date=' I had never seen good pictures of that copter before.My take on how Sonny got it and keeps it as a special treasure.The Crocketts were on a vacation. It was a nice family vacation just the three of them on one of the rare times Sonny wasn't on the job. Caroline and he were still happily married, and Billy might have been 4 years old going on 5 maybe they went to Disney world or maybe just a visit to to the family in Atlanta (since that's where Caroline is originally from). They had a good visit, and they stopped at McDonald's for burgers and fries and a shake, and got Billy a happy meal. In the happy meal was a red helicopter. Billy couldn't put the thing together, so Sonny had to. Billy lost interest in the helicopter when he got his next bigger toy and the trip and the time together with Caroline and Billy meant so much to Sonny that he kept it on his desk to have a part of both of them with him. After the years, it may have lost special meaning most of the time since it became such a fixture, but on occasion it reminded him of happier times with his son and wife. :)I know Sappy. Of course if this copter is from Canada, maybe the family took a vacation in Canada and stopped at Mc Donalds there and brought it back with them.I'm wondering how DJ really got it. What's the story behind that Could it have been Jesse's and he and Patty went to Canada in 1982 and stopped at Mc Donald's and brougt it with him when he got Vice?[/quote']I love that story! Great job! :clap:Works for me.In reality, I don't think DON JOHNSON had anything to do with the helicopter in real life. I'm guessing someone who worked on the set, most likely a set decorator put it there along with the scale. They also would have put the baseball trophy, Number one cop mug, and bible on Tubbs desk to give the characters a sense of history, and realism to bring the characters to life.I'm not sure if anyone can top your story, but if anyone else envisions how Crockett got the red helicopter, let's hear it!