Season 5: Overall Assessment

rodriguezisdead

I like season 5 as it is.I can accept the dark changes even though I enjoy the more lighter first two seasons.Season 5 took place in a time in the '80s when everyone went from listening to poppy,upbeat New Wave like Spandau Ballet,Missing Persons,Culture Club,ect. to moody bands like R.E.M,The Smiths,Concrete Blonde,ect.It was getting to the grunge era with all its dark and downbeat glory.Like the clothes and music,Miami Vice went with the '80s (I prefer '82-'86 years personaly even though I was born about 10 years later;)).It is apparent in "Line of Fire" with all the thrash metal music,gone the softer New Wave songs and everyone is wearing darker clothes.Watch the high school scenes in Uncle Buck,the students wear dark and unexciting clothes instead of neon and wild clothes.It would be wierd and "untrendy" if everyone on Vice wore brighter clothes (even though I wouldn't mind that:)).In all,season 5 is pretty accurate to me with the style and mood of the time.I love most of the episodes of season 5 except "The Cell Within" because it is just a wierd episode.I love "The Big Thaw" better TCW because it just fealt like a horror film and that is not what I want to see.I also didn't like "Heart of Night" because seeing May Ying getting sexually attacked constantly in the episode made me angry:thumbsdown:I get just as unconfortable watching scenes like that in "Bought and Paid For" and "Buddies".Over the Line is my favorite of season 5 because it has a solid plot,shootout,and The Fixx:cool:Even at its worst,Miami Vice rules supreme and is still a good enough show to still in this time gain more fans who,like me,were born in the '90s and beyond to keep the show as awesome as it was in the '80s:thumbsup:

ha come to think of it' date=' I do hate on the show a little too much.I just get frustrated. But then you have to calm down and rationalise that this was an avant garde experimental style of show. They're not going to get it right 100% of the time. Sometimes their going to complety miss the mark.Season 5 is just Lazy, no other way round it. But there are a FEW gems that stick out. As you'd be hard pressed to produce 20 episodes and have them ALL suck. 1-2 of them has gotta be decent.[/quote']
I liked season 5 as it is.I can accept the dark changes even though I enjoy the more lighter first two seasons.Season 5 took place in a time in the '80s when everyone went from listening to poppy' date='upbeat New Wave like Spandau Ballet,Missing Persons,Culture Club,ect. to moody bands like R.E.M,The Smiths,Concrete Blonde,ect.It was getting to the grunge era with all its dark and downbeat glory.Like the clothes and music,Miami Vice went with the '80s (I prefer '82-'86 years personaly even though I was born about 10 years later;)).It is apparent in "Line of Fire" with all the thrash metal music,gone the softer New Wave songs and everyone is wearing darker clothes.Watch the high school scenes in [i']Uncle Buck,the students wear dark and unexciting clothes instead of neon wild clothes.It would wierd and "untrendy" if everyone on Vice wore brighter clothes (even though I wouldn't mind that:)).In all season 5 is pretty accurate to me with the style and mood of the time.
Interesting points:The show was experimental in the beginning...but by this time it was fully accepted and other shows were already trying to copy it. Of course "they're" not going to get it right 100% of the time...no show will, it's basically impossible! ;) There will be episodes that are not as good as others...as some seasons as a whole might be better than others. Season 2 was practically "perfect" for "Miami Vice"...while I will admit that Season 5 was "darker" and somewhat odd. But, it is not all that terrible. I think most tend to exaggerate over-the-top :rolleyes: , because the pastels were primarily gone (some remained here and there) and some of the episodes weren't quite as good as previous seasons. But there were more than 2 that were good...maybe 2 that were almost superb or awesome, while a few others were just "good". :)I don't think Season 5 was "lazy"...times were changing some, and the producers/writers were trying to find different ways to change with them. As Olivia Brown stated: "The show was trying to re-invent itself." However, if they had kept some of the same color scheme, improved the writing somewhat, and all the actors had wanted to continue...I think the show could have gone on for a few more seasons! They could have still used the current songs to fit the episodes...whether pop or more grunge at the time.I found BlueAir's views interesting and agreed a lot with them. The colors and music were definitely starting to head into that 90's, grunge, "darker" feel...I don't prefer that either but it was accurate for the time. I prefer the earlier seasons too (the 84, not 82, to 87 years), and those are my favorites to watch. But, I still find seasons 4 and 5 interesting and enjoyable to watch too. Along with the "darker" backgrounds and lighting...I noticed some more harsh neon colors being thrown into that, and they would mix the two---that is very "Silk Stalkings"-ish (which was one of the 90's most popular cop shows on the cable network USA from 1991-1999). You can tell those styles were already starting to "creep" in by 1989 or so.

I don't think season 2 was as good as you make out, there are a bunch of "thin" episodes and the criticism on style over substance is totally valid.Some episodes don't even have style, they're just a boring mess.But yeh we had some awesome car chases, boat chases, big spectacles, epic montages in season 2 but we still have to put up with all the crap inbetween.Season 5 is really god awful, i hate it so much with a passion. I forgot to mention Tubbs, his outfits are disgusting and were even in '89 too, they pretty much didn't care anymore and obviously let him wear whatever he wanted. Those sunglasses look ridiculous too. Any new watchers, just skip too:Burnett SagaLine of FireOver the LineFruit of Poison TreeToo much too lateFinaleThey are the only semi watchable-to-great episodes left on vice.The rest of the stories are junk that involve, finding stolen art, holocaust survivors, tubbs locked in a cell for 45 minutes, and Crockett and tubbs show has now turned into Tubbs and switek show, where they see who can dress in the most ugly ass clothes imaginable.

I don't think season 2 was as good as you make out' date=' there are a bunch of "thin" episodes and the criticism on style over substance is totally valid.Some episodes don't even have style, they're just a boring mess.But yeh we had some awesome car chases, boat chases, big spectacles, epic montages in season 2 but we still have to put up with all the crap inbetween.Season 5 is really god awful, i hate it so much with a passion. I forgot to mention Tubbs, his outfits are disgusting and were even in '89 too, they pretty much didn't care anymore and obviously let him wear whatever he wanted. Those sunglasses look ridiculous too. Any new watchers, just skip too:Burnett SagaLine of FireOver the LineFruit of Poison TreeToo much too lateFinaleThey are the only semi watchable-to-great episodes left on vice.The rest of the stories are junk that involve, finding stolen art, holocaust survivors, tubbs locked in a cell for 45 minutes, and Crockett and tubbs show has now turned into Tubbs and switek show, where they see who can dress in the most ugly ass clothes imaginable.[/quote']Season 2 is exactly how I make it out to be...there were no "thin"/poor episodes, or so-called "crap" in between...and there was just as much substance as there was style--which helped make it the best season of the series! :done: The only possibly somewhat "thin" episode might be "The Fix"...but even it wasn't that horrible.Season 5 is nowhere near as horrible or bad as you make it out to be. :) It's not the best of the show, I admit, but it's still got its moments! The fashion or clothes for Tubbs were not that hideous or disgusting either, as you're carrying on about...they were somewhat different than earlier seasons, but they were in style for the time. I'm not sure what was so detestable about them?? Gina actually had way worse clothes and hairdo in season 5 than Tubbs! But, If we're going to look at aspects that made season 5 somewhat problematic, I don't think Tubbs' clothes will be one of them. I would never tell a new viewer/fan to skip any episodes (they should even watch "Missing Hours" at least once...so they'll realize how disgusting and horrible that episode was, and why it's the worst episode in TV history :p )...every episode should be seen at least once. Let them decide if they like an episode/season or not. We can all go on about what we like or think...but new fans/viewers need to watch the whole show and then make up their own minds. I do, however, like most of those episodes you listed though...good ones in season 5! I was glad they finally ended the Burnett saga when they did though...it was starting to get old by the time "Redemption" came around. "Heart of Night" and "Asian Cut" were also awesome episodes and 2 of my favorites of the season! :thumbsup: However, I've never been that fond of "Too Much, Too Late". It's weird and more Valarie drama-crap with Tubbs. :rolleyes: But, it's the famous so-called "lost" episode, so you've gotta' watch it once when going through the show. ;)

I thought gina looked hot, both gina and trudy got better looking throughout the show. In season 1 they mostly look like school girls.With Tubbs clothes, i distinctly remember a brown jacket with this gold egg shell design on it, it almost made me puke :sick: lol Also what's up with the heavy make up he's wearing? It looks bizzare. I'll take the season 4 beard any day over that.Season 2 had some ringers like Dutch Oven, Free Verse, Buddies, The fixx & tale of a goat. Bushido isn't very good either. That's a lot more weak episodes than season 1. But as I said. The action in season 2 is bigger and better.I know we could argue about this all day, so i'll just give an example of how bad it is..Pick a random scene with DJ from anywhere out of season 5, the chances are he's sulking like some teen. You can just tell he doesn't want to be there. So why should i be here watching those crappy episodes.I'll be honest, i'm embarrassed how many times i've seen missing hours :p I keep going back to it thinking "it can't be that bad right?...=("

I thought gina looked hot' date=' both gina and trudy got better looking throughout the show. In season 1 they mostly look like school girls.With Tubbs clothes, i distinctly remember a brown jacket with this gold egg shell design on it, it almost made me puke :sick: lol Also what's up with the heavy make up he's wearing? It looks bizzare. I'll take the season 4 beard any day over that.Season 2 had some ringers like Dutch Oven, Free Verse, Buddies, The fixx & tale of a goat. Bushido isn't very good either. That's a lot more weak episodes than season 1. But as I said. The action in season 2 is bigger and better.I know we could argue about this all day, so i'll just give an example of how bad it is..Pick a random scene with DJ from anywhere out of season 5, the chances are he's sulking like some teen. You can just tell he doesn't want to be there. So why should i be here watching those crappy episodes.I'll be honest, i'm embarrassed how many times i've seen missing hours :p I keep going back to it thinking "it can't be that bad right?...=("[/quote']I do think Gina and Trudy got better looking as the show went on...but for some reason, Gina especially, in Season 5 they had her in some of the most ridiculous clothes and strange hairdos! :eek:As for Tubbs...there were a couple strange looking jackets maybe, but I don't remember his clothes being that bad overall. However, I will admit that he does seem to have more makeup on than before, LOL! :) I did not like the beard in season 4, so I was glad he got rid of it...but I guess the makeup was to try and cover wrinkles he was getting from the stress?? I doesn't look all that bad, but if you know what you're looking for it is somewhat noticeable.I'm sorry...but, other than "The Fix", the Season 2 episodes you listed are awesome! :thumbsup: I like "Tale of the Goat, "Free Verse", and " Dutch Oven" better than "Bushido" and "Buddies"...but all of them are still awesome episodes and are more examples of why Season 2 is the best! :done: However, I will say that I didn't particularly care for "Back In the World" either...it and "Fix" are probably my least favorites of Season 2. But, neither are still as horrible as "Missing Hours" or "Cows of October"! Season 1 is awesome too, but you can tell they were just getting started and were still trying to iron out the "wrinkles", so-to-speak, throughout. ;)I think that Don was trying to change his character to fit the "tone" of the episodes in Season 5, and how the series was changing. It was "darker", more pessimistic, and serious...so Don was trying to make Crockett feel or realize those changes and react accordingly. Don in real life may not have wanted to be there--but I don't think it was so bad that he would purposely refuse to basically "act" in each scene. Otherwise, they'd of made him film it over till he got it right. ;) I just think everyone's moods and the feel of the show was changing into a "darker", more realistic series and a lot of the cast (except for maybe Stan) was trying to adjust their characters to fit the show. I don't care for it as much, but it's still interesting to watch. I watched "Missing Hours" for the first time in several years, when going through the show this time. Guess what? It's still just as hideous and disgusting as it ever was!!! :evil: ;)

Nah I think when you got Don Johnson on the set, he was the most powerful person in the room in the season 4-5 days. No first time-TV director is telling him what to do and apperantly some episodes were co-directed/directed by him uncredited.He'd demand the crew redo lighting and other whimsical stuff.DJ's bad acting and Tubb's awful appearance is the main reason why i hate season 5.

Nah I think when you got Don Johnson on the set' date=' he was the most powerful person in the room in the season 4-5 days. No first time-TV director is telling him what to do and apperantly some episodes were co-directed/directed by him uncredited.He'd demand the crew redo lighting and other whimsical stuff.DJ's bad acting and Tubb's awful appearance is the main reason why i hate season 5.[/quote']This is true...but I also don't think they were allowing first time directors to direct "MV" episodes by this time either. Granted, Don pretty much did what he wanted by this time...but I don't think his acting is all that bad?? I still think they were trying something different with the show--to make it more realistic or "dark"--which TV was somewhat starting to go that route by this time. Don was trying to make Crockett react or "behave" the same way. Not that it really "worked" that well...because it didn't. I think Season 5 was a little ahead of it's time. It should have waited about 5-10 years. :p But, in hindsight they should have stayed with the same style as the first few seasons. ;)

This is true...but I also don't think they were allowing first time directors to direct "MV" episodes by this time either. Granted' date=' Don pretty much did what he wanted by this time...but I don't think his acting is all that bad?? I still think they were trying something different with the show--to make it more realistic or "dark"--which TV was somewhat starting to go that route by this time. Don was trying to make Crockett react or "behave" the same way. Not that it really "worked" that well...because it didn't. I think Season 5 was a little ahead of it's time. It should have waited about 5-10 years. :p But, in hindsight they should have stayed with the same style as the first few seasons. ;)[/quote']I do like how the show gets increasingly more nihilistic every season. Any attempt at pushing the boundaries is always good in my book. I even liked the AIDS episode in S4. The story, not the disease :/ lol.It's a little strange hearing crockett and others swear but It's more realistic i guess.

I just think everyone's moods and the feel of the show was changing into a "darker", more realistic series and a lot of the cast (except for maybe Stan) was trying to adjust their characters to fit the show.

Funny you should say that, I actually think Switek is the most dramatically changed character in the final season. He goes from comic relief to a gambling addict who's life basically falls apart (notice his girlfriend has left him by the end). I loved that. The awkward humour, often based around Switek and Zito, was another of my pet hates on the show. It's just a shame Switek kinda got hung out to dry in the season finale. He's been suspended on suspicion of being bent, he kills several crooks under questionable circumstances... and then that's it. What happens to him next? We never even find out if he gets his job back.

Season 5 was a step up from Season 4, but only just.Still lags way behind Seasons 1, 2, 3 for me.I'll rewatch the first 3 seasons forever, but I doubt I'll ever revisit a single episode from Seasons 4 and 5, except maybe the last 5 minutes of Freefall.

Season 5 was fantastic - a good representative season of the show showing how the show evolved :thumbsup::shout::D

Agreed. I know S5 isn't everyone's favorite' date=' but I've always really enjoyed the season. IMO, it's a [b']big improvement over S4, in which there's only a handful of eps I can repeatedly watch. S5, on the other hand, has a lot of episodes I enjoy: The end of the Burnett saga that kicks the season off, Heart Of Night, Bad Timing (never understood some of the hate thrown at this one, but hey, different strokes), Borrasca, Line Of Fire, Asian Cut (similar to something you'd see on Law & Order: SVU nowadays), Fruit Of The Poison Tree, Miami Squeeze (this is one I didn't really warm up to until my latest viewing when Centric ran it; not bad!), The Lost Madonna, Over The Line, Victims Of Circumstance, World Of Trouble, Too Much, Too Late (another ep that kinda foreshadows territory SVU would cover regularly a decade later). And of course Freefall, which, in the grand scheme of TV, often goes unrecognized as a great finale, but really is a satisfying conclusion to the series (my only complaint? We don't really get goodbyes from the rest of the cast). Honestly, aside from the occasional overly-cartoonish villain (all the more glaring considering how gritty and unflinching the rest of S5 is), I find the season overwhelmingly strong. Not every ep may be a classic, but only Miracle Man, Leap Of Faith and possibly The Cell Within are bonafide, duds, IMO. Also, it's nice to see PMT get some more screentime. It may not have been the classic C&T duo of the early seasons, but certainly an improvement after often being relegated to a (seemingly) borderline background character in S4.Is S5 the "classic" MV of S1/S2? Well, no. Nor is it the series' strongest season (S1 gets my vote for that). But, it does complete the evolution of the show. From my viewpoint, it's MV boiled down to it's barest form: a dark, despairing, undending parade of drug pushers, users & victims, even corruption, that ends up sucking the life out of the undercover cops enlisted to deal with it all on a daily basis. It's an element that was there from the very start, but in S5, it's right there in your face. It's that nihilistic attitude that I think serves S5 well and ends up bringing the series full circle. Not only that, but the look and feel of the season foreshadows a lot of early-90's cop shows/dramatic television. For a show that revolutionized dramatic TV, I love that MV decided to be 'ahead of the curve' one more time before leaving the air, even if considerably less people were watching at that point. Furthermore, since MV was always such a fashion/style/pop culture-conscious show, each season acts like a snapshot of the time period in which it aired, perhaps even much more so than similar series at the time (Hunter, for example). In that regard, S5 gives a portrait of the late-80's/early-90's I find appealing. If that timeframe isn't your cup of tea, well, then I can definitely see S5 as a turn-off to some people. But, personally, I find it endears the season to me all the more.So, that's my POV. I know not everyone will agree with it, and that's cool. We're all fans of the same show, but there's nothing that says we all have to agree on every facet of it. Again, all IMO, of course.
  • Like 1

I do like how the show gets increasingly more nihilistic every season. Any attempt at pushing the boundaries is always good in my book. I even liked the AIDS episode in S4. The story' date=' not the disease :/ lol.It's a little strange hearing crockett and others swear but It's more realistic i guess.[/quote']Some "boundaries" are okay to push or delve into...and I agree, the AIDS episode, "God's Work", was superb! But, it wasn't superb just because they chose to deal with that subject, while most other shows at that time wouldn't touch it...it was awesome with how they went about it, and carried it out. That's what made it. ;)Pushing the limit is okay to a degree...but a lot of times it soon just becomes how much "crap" can we get a away with or how vulgar can we make it. Pretty soon nothing is decent or good anymore...like today's TV shows? :baby: Swear words, or cussing, is okay to a point (if it somewhat works for the scene)...but purposely having the actors cuss a bunch to try and "impress" people or get attention is stupid...it doesn't impress me, and it's immature and unintelligent. :rolleyes: You're not in the high school locker room anymore....grow up! :p
Funny you should say that' date=' I actually think Switek is the most dramatically changed character in the final season. He goes from comic relief to a gambling addict who's life basically falls apart (notice his girlfriend has left him by the end). I loved that. The awkward humour, often based around Switek and Zito, was another of my pet hates on the show. It's just a shame Switek kinda got hung out to dry in the season finale. He's been suspended on suspicion of being bent, he kills several crooks under questionable circumstances... and then that's it. What happens to him next? We never even find out if he gets his job back.[/quote']I think he tried to change, because the other characters and the "tone" of the show were changing...but the poor dude just couldn't pull it off. Switek just kind of floundered out there with still trying to be a moron-goof, then trying to play serious undercover drug dealer, then he has a serious gambling problem & like you said kills people under questionable circumstances...good grief, the guy was bouncing off the walls! :rolleyes: But, trying to mix "loveable" goof with screwed up gambler/mental breakdown dude just did not work! I kind of always felt sorry for Michael Talbot...as in my opinion his character always got the "dog poop" end of the stick.
Season 5 was fantastic - a good representative season of the show showing how the show evolved :thumbsup::shout::D
I don't know if I would classify Season 5 as fantastic...but it was definitely interesting! I like season 4 better, but 5 still had its awesome moments too. The order of seasons on which I like best is: Season 2, 1, 3, 4, 5.

I think he tried to change' date=' because the other characters and the "tone" of the show were changing...but the poor dude just couldn't pull it off. Switek just kind of floundered out there with still trying to be a moron-goof, then trying to play serious undercover drug dealer, then he has a serious gambling problem & like you said kills people under questionable circumstances...good grief, the guy was bouncing off the walls! :rolleyes: But, trying to mix "loveable" goof with screwed up gambler/mental breakdown dude just did not work! I kind of always felt sorry for Michael Talbot...as in my opinion his character always got the "dog poop" end of the stick.[/quote']I'm gonna have to disagree with you there! :) I actually thought he did a good job of becoming the darker character, and I welcomed it because, as you say, I always felt Switek and Zito kinda got the short end of the stick being perpetual goof-offs in the background. Similar to how Zito suddenly went all dark in Down for the Count, I loved that.The moment I always remember from season 5 is at the end of Hard Knocks, when Switek suddenly breaks down crying. It was so unexpected, and it really impressed me. Yeah, he'd been acting kinda goofy for a lot of the episode, but you suddenly realised it was all just a façade, and in fact he was really hurting. I loved that moment.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there! :) I actually thought he did a good job of becoming the darker character' date=' and I welcomed it because, as you say, I always felt Switek and Zito kinda got the short end of the stick being perpetual goof-offs in the background. Similar to how Zito suddenly went all dark in Down for the Count, I loved that.The moment I always remember from season 5 is at the end of Hard Knocks, when Switek suddenly breaks down crying. It was so unexpected, and it really impressed me. Yeah, he'd been acting kinda goofy for a lot of the episode, but you suddenly realised it was all just a façade, and in fact he was really hurting. I loved that moment.[/quote']Well, actually with that very last scene of "Hard Knocks" we do agree. The scene between him and Crockett was very well done, and had some depth to it! But...that was the only scene that was worth anything in that episode! ;)But, I'm sorry, I do not feel the rest of Switek's "descent into darkness" was realistic or acted very well. :( It still just came off too goofy, and they had him all over the place :radar: ...it was ridiculous! :rolleyes:

do agree. The scene between him and Crockett was very well done, and had some depth to it! But...that was the only scene that was worth anything in that episode! ;)But, I'm sorry, I do not feel the rest of Switek's "descent into darkness" was realistic or acted very well. :( It still just came off too goofy, and they had him all over the place :radar: ...it was ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Yes that scene directed by Vern Gillum between C & Switzek was so well done - with great music too :thumbsup::D

Yes that scene directed by Vern Gillum between C & Switzek was so well done - with great music too :thumbsup::D

I've always really liked Tim Truman's score music from the final season. I'm not going to go so far as to claim it's better than Jan Hammer's work, or even nearly as iconic, but I definitely think it's a better fit for 5's bleak tone than Hammer's music would've been.Still waiting on a Tim Truman release!

• 1 month later...

I did the crazy thing last night by first watching 2 episodes of season 1 (Milk run and Smuggler's blues) and than watching an episode of season 5 (The cell within.)It fascinates me how much a show can change in 4 years time. Everything has changed: The clothes, the style of music, the colours, the hair styles, the mood. I have never seen a show change direction as significantly as Vice did. The first 2 seasons where the happy days seasons: fresh, fun, cool.The third season I suprisingly like a lot. Great stories, but much darker.The fourth season is quite crap. Hardly any memorable episodes and that is where the show lost direction.The 5th season is the darkest season, but with some great episodes.To me, Vice will always be the first 2 seasons, with a new found love for the 3rd. The 4th and 5th brought down the overall level of the series. You cannot help imagine what if they stopped Vice after the first 2 or 3 seasons and Don would have had a serious entrance into the movie world what could have become.

• Like 1

Season 5 representing the "darker" tone that represented the late 80's vibe is fine, but I believe that they should've kept the light tone of the first 2 seasons for at least one more. THEN the could've gone dark in the 4th or maybe even 5th season only. I think the 3rd season, as good as it is, was the beginning of the end. The show could never regain its footing after that, and I think that if season 3 was more of the same from the first 2, the show might've lasted longer. And of course had more consistency.

I think the 3rd season' date=' as good as it is, was the beginning of the end. The show could never regain its footing after that, and I think that if season 3 was more of the same from the first 2, the show might've lasted longer. And of course had more consistency.[/quote']Moving the show opposite Dallas probably didn't help.Seriously, dumb move.

Its wierd watching seasons 1 and 2 and then watching season 5.You are left wondering if its still the same show.I still think that season 5 is a cool season,especially episodes like "Over the Line","Line of Fire",and "The Lost Madonna".What makes Miami Vice great is that it is still referenced quite a few times on TV or movies.Shows like Hart to Hart,Family Ties,and Square Pegs hardly get mentioned these days on TV and only Family Ties gets reruns today.Miami Vice still drags more and more new fans and its one of those shows that you can't talk about the '80s without mentioning it just a little:cool:

• 5 months later...

Apart from a few of the darker episodes - I really enjoyed Season 5 as it sees C&T go full circle - burnt out - seeing the corrupt system - losing everybody they care about 

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but I'm wondering if there has been any kind of consensus on which dvd sets to purchase?  I see there is a newer dvd collection that contains everything, but there is also the option of buying each season separately.  I've read there may be issues with the complete collection set though and I'm a little afraid to buy it if it's not worth the price as it's rather expensive.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TYIA!

:D

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but I'm wondering if there has been any kind of consensus on which dvd sets to purchase?  I see there is a newer dvd collection that contains everything, but there is also the option of buying each season separately.  I've read there may be issues with the complete collection set though and I'm a little afraid to buy it if it's not worth the price as it's rather expensive.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TYIA!

:D

Buy the newer ones - no extras on though !! :D