Season 5: Overall Assessment

rodriguezisdead

7 minutes ago, Miami Beau said:

I’m aware of Def Leppard but not heard of that Scorpions song you mentioned. I’ll check it out. 
And thanks for the heads up regards the reading guide, I just stumbled upon some of your stuff and began reading but I’ll look at the guide, would be good to checkout your stuff chronologically  :thumbsup:

Holiday dates back to the Michael Schenker era and is semi-acoustic. It was on Lovedrive and came out in about '79, so just before Vice's window in some ways. However, it's been a concert favorite since it was released.

Here's a direct link to the guide. Some of its prequel, some is in the season timeline, and others come afterwards. If it's in the timeline, I tell you when it takes place.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2022 at 2:31 PM, Augusta said:

Wow, Miami Blues you built a great framework for the flow of the entire 5-season entity, and it makes beautiful sense for piecing Johnson's character into a controlled arc.  Even though I love that, and I'm always praising the Vice technical creators as being really some of the smartest example of their profession,  this is one time I can't see them as being THAT smart.  Not smart enough to arc Sonny so intentionally through the five seasons.  More than half the talented crew who COULD be instructed to accomplish something like that had already departed the series.  
I see the pre-grunge fashion explanation part of it as on-target (notice even Trudy is seen in similar tatters and splashing political buttons in a couple of S-5 episodes too)--you're both right, it was opening a door to fashion evolution the some of us posters believed proves that Vice would have easily owned the '90s era as easily as it did the '80s,  
...Yet, story-wise Dick Wolf just isn't shrewd enough to get a team to arc a character that cleverly, over that many seasons.  

But Miami Blues, YOU should have been a member of their writer's crew.  That concept was daaanged great!  The course you mapped out for Sonny from inception to final season---after Season 3 the show needed that kind of insightful projection!  Five thumbs up!  
(..yes, I'm a mutant, I have that many thumbs from birth). 

Well not to steal   Miami Beau's thunder :) but I've partly made this point in a couple of previous  comments on other threads, that (and I too can't believe it was intentional, given the number of writers etc they used) there was a distinct progression to be seen throughout the five seasons towards an inevitable end. It's amazing really how at the end it all hangs so well together.  And excellent comments too from Miami Beau regarding how Crockett's psychological change was echoed in his outfits and hairstyle.  Great post from you too, Augusta. I love to read good analysis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1