Victims of Circumstance

miamijimf

On 8/12/2016 at 5:31 PM, MTVcops said:

Hello Tom, I was at the Royal Palm and took these pictures

MIAMI VICE PICS 140001.jpg

MIAMI VICE PICS 150001.jpg

VICE JOHN sml.jpg

Just great photos and the first time they shot at the Royal Palm !

• Like 1

On August 12, 2016 at 11:46 AM, miamijimf said:

Great news about 27 Star Island Drive.  It wasn't totally demolished but is in the process of being moved to the front of the lot and preserved.  This move is apparently to make room for a more modern mansion to be built closer to the water.  Amazing act of both preservation and modernization at the same time.  Check out this site, great animated explanation.  http://27starisland.com/index.html 

Great find, Jim!  Very cool website.  This is certainly an interesting project.  The engineering and architecture are very impressive, as is their commitment to preservation.  However, I still think that this type of house is not appropriate for Star Island, even though it is gorgeous.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, airtommy said:

Great find, Jim!  Very cool website.  This is certainly an interesting project.  The engineering and architecture are very impressive, as is their commitment to preservation.  However, I still think that this type of house is not appropriate for Star Island, even though it is gorgeous.

I agree.  I would be happy with the old main mansion, even if I was a billionaire.  You get a good look at the inside of the old mansion in Burn Notice's Fast Friends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

You get a good look at the inside of the old mansion in Burn Notice's Fast Friends.

Thanks!  I just looked at CGlide's page for that ep and he mentions that the house was also used in ep 1.03 "Fight or Flight".  When I get back into BN (probably this winter) I'll watch those scenes.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as Im  aware the Royal Palm was not demolished after 1989 just completely remodelled so should be easy to match the backgrounds and find the exact location used in the episode. The pool looks like in exact same spot

Edited by Matt5

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Another fine Season 5 episode shot late February - early March 1989. 

Good locations featuring The Royal Palm and The Traymore hotels . The Diablos Bros bust scene under the bridge was filmed where along the Miami river?! Can't seem to find any reference to it ?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Matt5:

The Diablos Bros bust scene under the bridge was filmed where along the Miami river?! Can't seem to find any reference to it ?

Same location as in opening credits of Cell within (under 12 Ave bridge) but other side of Miami River. We discussed this within this thread earlier.

Edited by Tom

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Same location as in opening credits of Cell within (under 12 Ave bridge) but other side of Miami River. We discussed this within this thread earlier.

Gracias Tom - I skimmed through the thread now I see it - I was at this location last month. 

Great episode from 1989  - this is from the teaser (1608 Alton Road which is now empty I noticed last month as well as the Firestone tyre garage also seen in this episode - empty ) :done:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7893829,-80.141262,3a,75y,282.51h,85.3t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_N4j-lN9GbqAd5A-UufMlA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Edited by Matt5

The Royal Palm hotel on Collins, Miami Beach was featured extensively in this episode . This is a still from the episode and my photo this year.:done:

IMG_3268.JPG

IMG_8900.JPG

• Like 1

The Diablos bros. shooting scene as Tom mentioned was shot under Nw 12TH Ave bridge , Miami ( as "Cell Within").

A nice shot of the Merrill Stevens boatyard and the Justice building / University of Miami hospital was seen as one of the boats pulls away and earlier we see the Bermuda apartments on NW11th Street - so they must have filmed both sides of the river for this scene. :fireworks:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7794479,-80.2147507,510a,35y,347.8h,44.79t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

IMG_3269.JPG

IMG_3270.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Tom said:

Same location as in opening credits of Cell within (under 12 Ave bridge) but other side of Miami River.

I just want to correct this for the record.  The scenes in The Cell Within and Victims of Circumstance were both filmed in the same place, on the south side of the river.  Tom stated this correctly a few years ago on Page 1 of this thread.

The whole scene in Victims takes place on the south side of the river.  C&T are parked west of the bridge.  As Matt showed in his last post, you get nice views of the buildings on the north bank of the Miami River.

'

• Like 1

13 hours ago, airtommy said:

I just want to correct this for the record.  The scenes in The Cell Within and Victims of Circumstance were both filmed in the same place, on the south side of the river.  Tom stated this correctly a few years ago on Page 1 of this thread.

The whole scene in Victims takes place on the south side of the river.  C&T are parked west of the bridge.  As Matt showed in his last post, you get nice views of the buildings on the north bank of the Miami River.

'

That's what I thought it looked like it was filmed on the Northbank not the Southbound with the views I posted . 

C&T were west opposite the Merrill Stevens boatyard in a small boating / car park area which I believe is Merrill Stevens also ( the opposite side seen in "Knock Knock....Who's There? " among othe episodes) :dance2:

Edited by Matt5

C&T were here west of the bridge in the Merrill Stevens boatyard on the northbank at the bottom of the map off NW 8th Terrace  :done::fireworks:

IMG_3281.PNG

IMG_3281.PNG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

C&T were here west of the bridge in the Merrill Stevens boatyard on the northbank at the bottom of the map off NW 8th Terrace  :done::fireworks:

South bank of the river, not the north bank  ;)

• 1 month later...

Nice, thank you. I really need a time machine. Not sure what the three story structure was or where it was on the property but the building seen in the bg as C gets out of the van at the rally was similar 3 stories.

On April 30, 2017 at 10:48 PM, C Glide said:

Looks like they updated the pay phone at the Bar+Grill.

wp4c11f560_05.jpg wp5f0797fc.png

I had thought the Biscayne Bar & Grill in "Killshot" was a fake neon sign slapped onto the side of the studio.  I didn't realize it was a separate building and a real business.  It seems obvious now on second look because there isn't just the neon sign, there is also that substantial sign next to the payphone.