JAN HAMMER ACCEPTS MCA AWARD! REALLY RARE PHOTOS!!

COOPER&BURNETT

ANOTHER .WS EXCLUSIVE!!!These are really, REALLY rare photos of JAN HAMMER accepting the MCA GOLD RECORD AWARDS at BBC TV in ENGLAND for his MIAMI VICE LP album and MIAMI VICE theme single in 1985 for selling One Million Copies.Not sure who the executives are, but I'd assume it's head of the UK's MCA label, the head of BBC, and some other executive, Perhaps from licencing.These are REALLY RARE photos everyone.Yet ANOTHER .WS EXCLUSIVE!!Eingefügtes Bild

Here's some 8X10 glossys for JAN HAMMER made for MCA RECORDS at the highth of his popularity during MIAMI VICE. Some have the MCA logo, and the MIAMI VICE logo. These were made for the numerous requests for his picture, and autographs at signings when MIAMI VICE was a hit.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

If anyone has any rare JAN HAMMER pictures to post' date=' please, post 'em! :thumbsup:[/quote']Does the picture have to include the obligatory chest fur? He seems to be one furry dude, and likes to show off the fur.

Well, when you loose it from the top, you wanna show you still have some somewhere!Yep, he's our furry dude! :thumbsup:

I want his clothes, especially the cool blazer he's wearing when he's accepting the gold records. :thumbsup:

Performers usually do wear flashy stuff, but in the case of JAN HAMMER, he chose to present, and promote himself with the "VICE" look during the vice years.You are all aware that JAN HAMMER was, and still is a big MIAMI VICE FAN!! He loved the show, and the attention, fame and money it brought.Even today, in interviews, people seem to appologize when bringing up the subject of MIAMI VICE as though he'd be sick to death of it by now. He always lets them know that he LOVES Miami Vice, and is not tired of talking about it.JAN HAMMER is a TRUE MIAMI VICE FAN!!!:thumbsup::clap::clap:

I have many of his autographs (about five), but I'd also like a picture with his autograph on it, a picture like the picture above.

It's good to know he loves MV to this day. I just noticed that some eps. where he didn't write music for were quite depressing. Thanks for the photos :clap:

I'm glad you liked the photos!JAN HAMMER's music for MIAMI VICE was was it's own seperate character with it's own voice.When Jan left, my interest in the show, (although still a big fan) went down considerably. It didn't "feel" like MIAMI VICE any more. Something died.

I remember episode 1 of S5 when I saw the "Music by Tim Truman" credit. I think I literally said WTF? out loud. I didn't understand it.