Episode #9 "Glades"

Ferrariman

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Stupid episode but I'd like to know the backstory on all the hicks in the show. None of whom seemed like professional actors. Who are the old men, what are their names, how did they get into the show etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lit Up said:

Stupid episode but I'd like to know the backstory on all the hicks in the show. None of whom seemed like professional actors. Who are the old men, what are their names, how did they get into the show etc. 

Floyd and the mother were pros for sure, regardless of their talent. I thought they were both great in “The Secret of My Success”. 

On 9/16/2018 at 6:49 AM, Bren10 said:

Say what you will about this episode, it has one of the best bloodless headshots in TV history. (Plus DeLoreans in swampland!)

yes I noticed the DeLorean! Was this before BTTF? 

18 minutes ago, Lit Up said:

yes I noticed the DeLorean! Was this before BTTF? 

The DeLorean was so fine - yes it was before BTTF.  Fall 1984 for “Glades” a year later for BTFF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lit Up said:

Stupid episode 

I don't find it stupid. Not much of a plot yes, but beatifull scenes aplenty and any episode with such a nice house cleaning by Sonny gets top marks from me

-J 

• Like 1

It was completely absurd. They drive to a hostile place in the middle of nowhere in a Ferrari, they get dumped out in the forest, with the help of toothless old men they somehow take on a house with 20 columbian gunmen and a few American hostage takers, each one with a gun... shooting every single person... this would be akin to something only special forces could do. This kind of absurdity really lets down the reputation of the show lol

• Haha 1

So does two flashy 'undercover' cops using the same aliases for years. At least Tubbs changed his once in a while. A good chunk of Vice's reputation was based on absurdity.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2019 at 12:58 AM, Robbie C. said:

So does two flashy 'undercover' cops using the same aliases for years. At least Tubbs changed his once in a while. A good chunk of Vice's reputation was based on absurdity.

Crockett's undercover name wasn't the well known Burnett in this one, but instead Bates.

5 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Crockett's undercover name wasn't the well known Burnett in this one, but instead Bates.

Didn’t Noogy introduce Crockett as Sonny Bates to Desmond Maxwell in “Cool Runnin’” also?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Didn’t Noogy introduce Crockett as Sonny Bates to Desmond Maxwell in “Cool Runnin’” also?

Sure did "Meet Sonny Bates" :)

• Like 1

Otherwise known as possibly lingering traces of Yerkovich. Given his Hill Street Blues background I think he would have pushed the writing of the show in different directions. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Apparently the working title was "Swamp Thing."

At least one version of the script for sure. It’s interesting how many of them started with other titles. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

If theres an episode which i never watch from season 1 its glades. Too hillbilly for my taste. 

The only one I give a miss in season 1 is "The Maze"

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 11:20 PM, Lit Up said:

It was completely absurd. They drive to a hostile place in the middle of nowhere in a Ferrari, they get dumped out in the forest, with the help of toothless old men they somehow take on a house with 20 columbian gunmen and a few American hostage takers, each one with a gun... shooting every single person... this would be akin to something only special forces could do. This kind of absurdity really lets down the reputation of the show lol

The Colombian's were nothing special, half of them with either half drunk or stoned and also I doubt they were ready for an instant attack, they never expected this.

On paper it sounds like need SWAT but when you look at them they weren't all that really and they got ambushed. Sonny actually mentions that they don't stand a chance against them early on but his strategic plan worked a treat. 

Edited by RedDragon86

6 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

The only one I give a miss in season 1 is "The Maze"

And Glades, sometimes i think it has a tv series conventional look...dont laugh...but sometimes reminds me hogan´s heroes or some western show...nothing like vice

44 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

And Glades, sometimes i think it has a tv series conventional look...dont laugh...but sometimes reminds me hogan´s heroes or some western show...nothing like vice

It is very campy. All shows have an initial phase of finding their identity (as do the characters), and MV proved to be no exception with Glades. I still love this episode though. The “Girls with Guns” sequence is memorable for anyone who watched the episode’s original broadcast. 

• Like 3

I love the Glades Ep! I’ll be watching it tonight since I was at the place where Jimbo’s was this afternoon! Here’s my pics w/ 1 throwback pic of Jimbo’s. Nothing left but a park that does kayak rentals. I just got back to the SW coast side and drove back via Alligator Alley.

3B6FAE97-4259-4A2F-A0EC-52F3EC10BEA2.png

82FB17D3-075D-48E3-B10D-C1CFAB375CA1.jpeg

F5FA3304-9864-4C8D-B6DD-B8E74498BBC4.jpeg

18284C78-2D1F-4227-A33D-5E2FFE352AEF.jpeg

E55490E1-DC0E-447A-BBCB-3FA147B5EFC3.jpeg

3F4E9711-7694-4828-B583-D0E5E695EDAD.jpeg

1B6B2FF5-0197-46C7-9848-1FD4A9AC641B.png

4CBAA2EF-29F0-43B0-9052-57A5EBE7716A.jpeg

77EE9E4C-D63D-48FF-97E3-BDD040FFEEAD.jpeg

Edited by ZAQ 178
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

It is very campy. All shows have an initial phase of finding their identity (as do the characters), and MV proved to be no exception with Glades. I still love this episode though. The “Girls with Guns” sequence is memorable for anyone who watched the episode’s original broadcast. 

Actually, I loved the "Girls with Guns" scene as they ride along in the Ferrari with the fishing poles in the back. And the scene when Crockett says, "Maybe you won't even twitch!" and then shoots the guy dead! That one's a classic! 

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

Actually, I loved the "Girls with Guns" scene as they ride along in the Ferrari with the fishing poles in the back.

You, me, everybody :) 

• Like 2