COOP's SPRING CATALOG!!!! (ME WEARING MY VICE CLOTHES!)

COOPER&BURNETT

Nicely modeled MV wardrobe...C&B!Good thing Crockett didn't wear hats....we wouldn't see them! I caught a bit of your chin & it looks like you have a goatee or some heavy stubble. Great collection.....some jackets I never noticed in the episodes. :o

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Morgana

• Pandina

• Matt5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all, MOST of the clothes combinations were taken DIRECTLY from what Crockett wore on MIAMI VICE. It was their combinations, not mine. Only a few did I take creative licence on my own. This is not my entire collection as you know, but the hundreds of combinations would be just to much work to post. It's just a sampling.I value any and all comments.Richie, your right, that was a dkny blazer. I have about four of those style in the closet.Tony, I have stubble, no goatee. tried to raise my chin to keep it out of shots, guess I missed.Pandina, Your comments are valid. I mix up the combinations all the time. I was just re-creating what Sonny wore on the show. Perhaps I'll put screen shots next to my image so you can see what I mean.I'm THRILLED you like this!!!If you have comments, POST THEM! :thumbsup:

Pandina - as far as the outfit - it's not meant to be "liked".
You're right Richie' date=' I used the wrong words. In my job we always say "I don't like it" meaning that there's something not convincing in a garment/outfit.I don't consider myself a fashion guru, so my opinion is questionable.In any case blazer #16 doesn't do C&B any justice. Look at the shoulder line, it's too broad for him, you can clearly see where his shoulders end. The blazer looks loose and even though C&B seems to be tall (I don't know his height but he should be approx 1,80), the blazer is still too long.
It's meant to fit a mood - when you make that right turn to head west on Route 41 in South Florida' date=' and you are on 2 wheels, this is the clothes that make you feel the right way. You aren't getting dressed up - you are satisfying a certain desire. Listen to "Born to Be Wild", and you will get an idea of this feeling. Or, maybe you just have to be a guy to understand.[/quote']I'm not a guy... THAT'S the reason why! ;)I know this feeling very well though. For instance, if I buy a fabulous afternoon dress and a pair of sandals... this is the clothes that make me feel EXACTLY the right way when I'm drinking a cocktail in the lounge bar on the terrace of the Mandarin Oriental Miami.The way I feel now is that I'm the right guest for the Blue Waters hotel! :)

In any case blazer #16 doesn't do C&B any justice. Look at the shoulder line' date=' it's too broad for him, you can clearly see where his shoulders end. The blazer looks loose and even though C&B seems to be tall (I don't know his height but he should be approx 1,80), the blazer is still too long.[/quote']Well, #16 DONNA KARAN NEW YORK DKNY blazer is a bit of a problem. Medium was way too tight on me, and the sleeves a bit too short. Large (which this one is) felt comfortable, and not uncomfortibly tight. Crockett wore MANY blazers that were one or two sizes too big. Remember Pandina, unike TUBBS, Crockett's blazers were NOT tailored to him. Some were way too big, some fit just right. I'm keeping with what was done on MIAMI VICE. :thumbsup:

Coop-These looks are all AWESOME! My absolute faves are #6, #19 & #20, and I love some of the more unexpected pairings - very much in keeping with how Crockett was styled on the show.How did you do the background scenery - it's very cool.Murph's Order from the Catalog:1 of everything, with express shipping :D

Coop-These looks are all AWESOME! My absolute faves are #6' date=' #19 & #20, and I love some of the more unexpected pairings - very much in keeping with how Crockett was styled on the show.How did you do the background scenery - it's very cool.[u']Murph's Order from the Catalog:1 of everything, with express shipping :D

#6, 19 and 20 are pretty cool!The background was done by an advanced $600 photoshop program. It could have been done even better, but the time involved was very, very time consuming as it was, so I decided that cutting corners a bit to speed up posting this was o.k.. I just REALLY wanted to post this thread! I has never seen anyone do this on a VICE site, and thought it to be original."1 of everything and express shipping". ...It could be arranged.;)

#6' date=' 19 and 20 are pretty cool!The background was done by an advanced $600 photoshop program. It could have been done even better, but the time involved was very, very time consuming as it was, so I decided that cutting corners a bit to speed up posting this was o.k.. I just REALLY wanted to post this thread! I has never seen anyone do this on a VICE site, and thought it to be original."1 of everything and express shipping". ...It could be arranged.;)[/quote']That was a really creative idea, and it definitely added to the effect of the photos. The photos are beautifully done, and it's great to see the clothes come "alive"!...I'm sure that express shipping option comes with a pretty hefty price tag. :)

That was a really creative idea' date=' and it definitely added to the effect of the photos. The photos are beautifully done, and it's great to see the clothes come "alive"!...I'm sure that express shipping option comes with a pretty hefty price tag. :)[/quote']I too think the clothes look much better this way without just hanging on a closet door or something, but in most cases, I can't do it this way normally. I mean, look how long it took to do this over the many years and requests from members asking to see me WEAR the clothes. I finally did it to a degree. I had several ideas on how to do it, and this was the best. I have more ideas if somehow I add more later.The shipping option could have a hefty price tag depending on the mode of delivery. Like, is the package tied down, or does it have strings attached. That sort of thing. :) Special handling is encouraged. ;)

I too think the clothes look much better this way without just hanging on a closet door or something' date=' but in most cases, I can't do it this way normally. I mean, look how long it took to do this over the many years and requests from members asking to see me WEAR the clothes. I finally did it to a degree. I had several ideas on how to do it, and this was the best. I have more ideas if somehow I add more later.The shipping option could have a heft price tag depending on the mode of delivery. Like, is the package tied down, or does it have strings attached. That sort of thing. :) Special handling is encouraged. ;)[/quote']I'm quite sure you'll want to kill me for asking this, but it would be terrific to see the screen shots of Crockett wearing the outfits too...Regarding shipping, the package can be tied down or not - that's a matter of personal preference and I'll leave it to your discretion. However, I am firmly opposed to having any strings attached. I'm sure we're going to factor the size of this package into the cost, right?

I'm quite sure you'll want to kill me for asking this' date=' but it would be terrific to see the screen shots of Crockett wearing the outfits too...[/quote']I'll see what I can do.Not sure I have every screen shot for this, but I'll try (I don't have the ability to make my own screen capture, so I must rely on what's in the glossary and elsewhere to do it.)

Regarding shipping' date=' the package can be tied down or not - that's a matter of personal preference and I'll leave it to your discretion. However, I am firmly opposed to having any strings attached. I'm sure we're going to factor the size of this package into the cost, right?[/quote']Pretty clever....pretty clever.:);)

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous!

It's I whom am jealous for YOUR off shore racer, and JURRASIC NARC's Daytona.That's better than anything I got.I'M the one who's jealous of you guys!!! :cheers:

Well' date=' #16 DONNA KARAN NEW YORK DKNY blazer is a bit of a problem. Medium was way to tight on me, and the sleeves a bit too short. Large (which this one is) felt comfortable, and not uncomfortibly tight. Crockett wore MANY blazers that were one or two sizes too big. Remember Pandina, unike TUBBS, Crockett's blazers were NOT tailored to him. Some were way too big, some fit just right. I'm keeping with what was done on MIAMI VICE. :thumbsup:[/quote']Don't forget, if you throw a large frame automatic, a couple of spare mags, and in the last three seasons a set of handcuffs, under a jacket and you will need at least a size larger than you think. I always assumed that was why Crockett's jackets seemed oversized. Tubbs, on the other hand, could put his .38 under the most form fitting outfit and not have a problem.Great clothes line, by the way, C&B. Did you play the next door neighbor on "Home Improvement"? That would explain your Hollywood connections, and where you find these treasures!!Keep up the good work!

Don't forget' date=' if you throw a large frame automatic, a couple of spare mags, and in the last three seasons a set of handcuffs, under a jacket and you will need at least a size larger than you think. I always assumed that was why Crockett's jackets seemed oversized. Tubbs, on the other hand, could put his .38 under the most form fitting outfit and not have a problem.Great clothes line, by the way, C&B. Did you play the next door neighbor on "Home Improvement"? That would explain your Hollywood connections, and where you find these treasures!!Keep up the good work![/quote']Good Point! TUBBS seemed to have a .38 clipped to his pants near the small of his back. Very little profile. Crockett did have that shoulder rig. Perhaps that is why he had larger blazers.I was always under the belief that he had different sizes as he didn't purchase the clothes he wore, they were confiscated items, and not everything would be perfectly in his size, so he wore what was available.Yes, I was on HOME IMPROVEMENT. I really enjoyed working with TIM ALLEN.I'm so happy you like these pictures JURRASIC NARC! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Crockett wore MANY blazers that were one or two sizes too big. Remember Pandina' date=' unike TUBBS, Crockett's blazers were NOT tailored to him. Some were way too big, some fit just right. I'm keeping with what was done on MIAMI VICE. :thumbsup:[/quote']I remember that we commented about Crockett's light blue suit in Prodigal Son!I can understand the shoulder rig and the handcuffs etc, and Crockett looked good in virtually anything including one size too big, but sometimes it's unbearable for me to see such a great body hidden under meters of unnecessary fabric. :)

I remember that we commented about Crockett's light blue suit in Prodigal Son!I can understand the shoulder rig and the handcuffs etc' date=' and Crockett looked good in virtually anything including one size too big, but sometimes it's unbearable for me to see such a great body hidden under meters of unnecessary fabric. :)[/quote']So true, Pandina, so true!

I remember that we commented about Crockett's light blue suit in Prodigal Son!I can understand the shoulder rig and the handcuffs etc' date=' and Crockett looked good in virtually anything including one size too big, but sometimes it's unbearable for me to see such a great body hidden under meters of unnecessary fabric. :)[/quote']I understand. Don was in great shape then, and covering him with clothes could hide stuff, but like you said, he still looked good in just about everything he wore. Of course, that was all by design, and everything was tried on first to make sure it worked.If GINA were constantly covered up, I'd be unhappy too!

Well' date=' #16 DONNA KARAN NEW YORK DKNY blazer is a bit of a problem. Medium was way to tight on me, and the sleeves a bit too short. Large (which this one is) felt comfortable, and not uncomfortibly tight.[/quote']Exactly. And don't forget that DJ back then was fat, so he filled the large size a lot more than you actually do.
In any case blazer #16 doesn't do C&B any justice. Look at the shoulder line' date=' it's too broad for him, you can clearly see where his shoulders end. The blazer looks loose and even though C&B seems to be tall (I don't know his height but he should be approx 1,80), the blazer is still too long.[/quote']I confirm the above, keep the blazer for when you start gaining weight! :)As we say: show until you can! ;)Besides, THE MV style to me is S1 & 2. :thumbsup:

DON JOHNSON did not wear DKNY clothes, or that particular blazer. I was just baseing it on the design he wore in the show. There was a big difference in the Med and Large size DKNY blazer.DON JOHNSON never wore this blazer. P.S., No need to worry, I'll never be fat, as I keep in shape. :thumbsup: