• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• timm525

• AzVice

• Administrators

Were there any ever mentions of Michael Jackson on Vice or references to him?

Right at the very beginning of the Pilot! When Tubbs tells the 3 punks to "Beat It" (no pun intended) the guy laughs and says "Dude thinks he could be Michael Jackson!"

Call me a cold hearted SOB, and maybe it's because I'm retired LE, but all Jackson's death means to me is he won't be molesting any more children. Child Molesters never stop and I'm certain whatever country he was recently living in was just turning a blind eye to it. Sorry gang, I just can't believe people care so much about him. Do you think a "Sonny" in real life would care?

Right at the very beginning of the Pilot! When Tubbs tells the 3 punks to "Beat It" (no pun intended) the guy laughs and says "Dude thinks he could be Michael Jackson!"
Lou' date=' don't overlook the obvious "MJ lookalike" actor used in [i']Better Living Through Chemistry.Of course, we know how that character ended up. I always wondered if they had tried to convince MJ to play a guest star on MV, and when he said no, they did did this as a way to poke fun at him. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I didn't bring this up last night because he died yesterday but why is this man all of a sudden praiseworthy because he's dead? Just because he made good music in the 80's? For hours last night they were talking about how he was a great musician and up there with Elvis and Sinatra, my question is: Is this guy really praiseworthy after his actions a few years back? It's one thing to praise his music but himself? This is going to upset people but: He molested children! Let me get this straight, this man is all of a sudden a hero becuase he made pop music in the 80's so we just put it under the rug what he did? Just because he was aqquited? Even though he BRIBED the kid he molested fifteen million dollars, even here people are falling all over themselves saying how great he was, one person said a part of vice died... really? Do you think Crockett or Tubbs really would be doing what people are doing now? Both of them would NEVER say one praising word about the man.In my books, his music doesn't outweigh his actions, unlike most people, I won't forget what he did, I said one good thing about his music last night out of respect, but I won't miss him, you guys might think that's wrong but why should I after what he did?Another thing, I think when they try to determine exactly what happened, it's going to turn out that what caused it is what he did to himself, the drugs, the bleaching of the skin, you really think this was impossible to forsee? What he was doing to himself was going to have an effect sooner or later, until a report says otherwise, I say he brought it on himself.

Michael Jackson dead. It doesn't seem real!I know he's dead. I was watching our local 6PM news last night. (WISH TV Indianapolis) when they ran it as a breaking story. They kept mentioning the family was still from Gary Indiana and still owned their old family house. I just sat there in shock! It still feel surreal to me. He was as much a part of my childhood, (Jackson -Five) and College and adulthood. He was as much of the eighties as Madonna, Sting, Duran Duran and other eighties icons. His videos were always on MTV and lately on VH1.Classic. and I still remember the MowTown 25 years when he unveileed a new dance (the moonwalk) we were all talking about it the next day! One of my college roomates my sophomore years at IU played only two records: The ABC album whatever the album name was, and my Carole King Tapestry album. I will miss hearing about him. I wonder if he still owned the rights to the Lennon McCartney songs.As for Vice, his songs were never used in Vice the clossest we came was Tubbs dancing to Rockwell's "Sombody's Watching Me." in which Michael sang the background chorus on. Although I think that Jake is a flake and he tried to mess-up our MV convention in 2004, I hope he's not in too much grief.RIP MJ You've left a great musical legacy.

To whom it may concern: I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a day or two to fondly remember the titanic entertainer and impossibly deep musical legacy that we've lost before getting back to the business of parsing the man's personal life.

• Administrators

Better Living Through Chemistry.

Nice catch Rich! How could I forget that!

They say his doctor was with him, and witnessed his heart stop.What was the doctor doing at his house??They say a BMW was confiscated with possible drugs in it.Did Michael Jackson die due to a drug overdose or drug interaction given by his doctor??Looks like controversy will be a reality with his death at this point.

I guarantee you by the time this thing is sorted out, it will be ugly, weird and tragic. Which is why I'm taking today to only play every MJ and Jacksons album I own and remember the simpler, good times

As for Vice' date=' his songs were never used in Vice the clossest we came was Tubbs dancing to Rockwell's "Sombody's Watching Me." in which Michael sang the background chorus on.[/quote']That's the Vice/Jackson moment I was trying to put my finger on! Thanks for the reminder.As for the accusations, I don't think there's any need in bringing them up here. It's like the JFK assassination, you'll always have one group that believes one thing and another that believes that opposite. Nothing will ever sway either side, it's a stalemate. Since it's been brought up, I never believe that Jackson did those things. I believe he loved spending time with children because he was denied having a childhood by his abusive father. Due to his wealth he was able to create a fantasy childs world for himself. Jackson was highly naive, no doubt about it. He did some silly things, like having children stay over, but there was never anything sexual about it. I think this sheds a bit of light on the truth of the matter: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/uri-geller-speaks-of-jackson-argument-1721090.htmlAnyway. Like I said, I don't think this is the time or place to discuss such matters.

• Administrators
I didn't bring this up last night because he died yesterday but why is this man all of a sudden praiseworthy because he's dead? Just because he made good music in the 80's? For hours last night they were talking about how he was a great musician and up there with Elvis and Sinatra' date=' my question is: Is this guy really praiseworthy after his actions a few years back? It's one thing to praise his music but himself? This is going to upset people but: He molested children! Let me get this straight, this man is all of a sudden a hero becuase he made pop music in the 80's so we just put it under the rug what he did? Just because he was aqquited? Even though he BRIBED the kid he molested fifteen million dollars, even here people are falling all over themselves saying how great he was, one person said a part of vice died... really? Do you think Crockett or Tubbs really would be doing what people are doing now? Both of them would NEVER say one praising word about the man.In my books, his music doesn't outweigh his actions, unlike most people, I won't forget what he did, I said one good thing about his music last night out of respect, but I won't miss him, you guys might think that's wrong but why should I after what he did?Another thing, I think when they try to determine exactly what happened, it's going to turn out that what caused it is what he did to himself, the drugs, the bleaching of the skin, you really think this was impossible to forsee? What he was doing to himself was going to have an effect sooner or later, until a report says otherwise, I say he brought it on himself.[/quote']+1. Well said, 100% agreed! :clap::thumbsup:

They say his doctor was with him' date=' and witnessed his heart stop.What was the doctor doing at his house??They say a BMW was confiscated with possible drugs in it.Did Michael Jackson die due to a drug overdose or drug interaction given by his doctor??Looks like controversy will be a reality with his death at this point.[/quote']At the time, the drugs he was taken were Xanax, Zoloft and Demerol.

Los Angeles police are searching for Michael Jackson's personal physician today to question him after allegations that the star received a potentially fatal dose of the painkiller Demerol before his death.News of the manhunt broke on the well-connected celebrity gossip website TMZ.com, which was the first to report the star's death, and came as an LA County coroner began an autopsy.Earlier reports suggested that Jackson might have been given a large dose of the drug to help deal with pain after rehearsals for a series of 50 comeback concerts in London.Los Angeles police spokeswoman Karen Rayner says that police had towed a BMW owned by one of the singer's doctors from Jackson’s house.She said: “We have not been able to interview the doctor yet. His car was impounded because it may contain medications or other evidence that may assist the coroner in determining the cause of death.â€Ms Rayner added that the doctor was not under criminal investigation but coroner’s investigators wanted to contact him.Jackson, 50, collapsed at his rented mansion in the Holmby Hills area of the city yesterday afternoon. Paramedics were called to the house at 12.21pm local time to respond to a "50-year-old male" who was "not breathing at all".He was rushed to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, but doctors were unable to revive him and his death was confirmed at 2.26pm (10.26pm UK time).Family members told TMZ that Jackson had received his daily shot of Demerol at 11.30am, but the dosage was "too much".As thousands of shocked fans gathered outside the UCLA hospital, detectives from the LAPD's Robbery Homicide division conducted an initial search of his house at the behest of city police chief William Bratton before sealing it off as a crime scene.Jackson's death had been confirmed by his brother Jermaine, who told reporters and TV crews at the hospital: "We believe he suffered a cardiac arrest at his home, however the cause of his death is unknown until the results of the autopsy are known."He added: "The personal physician who was with him at the time attempted to resuscitate him."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6585015.eceHow odd? I wonder where he has disappeared too?

Nice catch Rich! How could I forget that!

Thanks. Even the hairstyle was identical to MJ's hairstyle as of 1986.March 1986Eingefügtes BildMJ lookalike actor September 1986Eingefügtes Bild

Michael Jackson Newspaper Front Pages from Around the Worldhttp://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/michael-jackson-newspaper-covers-from-around-the-wUntouchable DJ Drastic’s Michael Jackson Memorial Tribute Mix Show"Following the tragic report, The Untouchable DJ Drastic took to the studio to record a special one hour tribute mix show in memory of “The King of Pop,” Michael Jackson.This mix show is currently broadcasting via numerous commercial outlets, and was recorded live in the studio in one take."http://dogandponyshowwebsite.com/dapss-own-untouchable-dj-drastics-michael-jackson-memorial-tribute-mix-show-michael-jackson-rip-082958-%e2%80%93-062509Download link is at the end of the article. I am listening to it now, and all I can say is that this DJ did MJ a great honor.20 Michael Jackson Performances That Will Give You Chills Here are 20 Michael Jackson performances that show that he was the King of Pop for a reason! If you haven't seen the Live in Bucharest concert, check it out. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/21-michael-jackson-performances-that-will-give-you

Somehow, it doesn't make me feel better hearing Jessie Jackson, Jessie Jackson J.R., and Al Sharpton speaking about Michael Jackson. Quincy Jones, yes.:thumbsup: Jessie Jackson, no.:thumbsdown:

Interesting. I just found a couple of posts on youtube showing old black and white footage of people like Cab Calloway and other dancers....doing the MOONWALK!I had never seen it done before seeing him do it at the APOLLO singing BILLY JEAN in 83, so I figured it was a unique move.Others have done it before Michael was born. Michael Jackson perfected, and popularized it.

Although he hasn't been in the best of light the past few years, I'll merely choose to remember Michael Jackson for all his hit videos and songs. He truly left his mark in the music world.

I was at Fnac this morning and they were playing all his videos on a giant plasma TV screen, MJ music was heard throughout the store and sales assistants were rearranging the shelves next to the entrance with all his albums.MTV Italy will dedicate the entire weekend to him.Suddenly, only today, this made me think about his death.Except for "Thriller" and a couple of other albums I haven't been such a great fan of him. I didn't care much about what he did to himself, the surgeries, the bleaching of his skin etc. It was his choice. I only thought that he was doing something dangerous and that it was a shame because he was ruining his good looks and somehow also his talent. I think he stopped being MJ long ago, that's why I will remember him just for what I admired him for.His great music of the 80s and how it made me feel back then when, laughing and sweating and almost breathless, I did the Thriller dance routine with my friends. It was just for fun but we were able to do it and this made us all feel cool.Thanks Michael for these good times and RIP.

Some of Tubbs's dance moves are from MJ. Like when he spins on the spot...in One Eyed Jack when he arrives at OCB having arranged a meeting with Lombard, he is quite pleased with himself and does a turn, I think either claps or snaps his fingers, then tells Sonny all about it...You can see a little MJ in the clothes of Tubbs as well.And of the course the Pilot...in fact Tubbs seems to do quite a few MJ-like turns.But there was very little MJ in Miami Vice as a whole. Miami Vice is very distinct generally, and perhaps the death of someone like Phil Collins would have some effect (other than the regular cast members of course), as far as musicians go.Anyway, I think people like to concentrate on the positives in life since there is so much negative in the world. That's why people remember MJ fondly and are overlooking his faults. When we die, we'd also want others to remember us fondly and overlook our faults...MJ was never found guilty - so why not just leave it at that.

Personally i never once thought of Tubbs and Michael. As for the guy in "Better living through Chemistry", in the 80's practically every african american had a jerri curl.Here in Phoenix i turned on the radio thursday, and 3 or 4 stations were playing Michael continually. I think in the last 10 years i've heard him on the radio once or twice. It is amazing someone can go from being disdained, to celebrated by dying. It'll be interesting to see what his popularity will be in death. As frail as he looked in the last few years i did start to wonder about this possibly happening, but it's still hard to believe. It's looking more and more like it's drug related though.