• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• timm525

• AzVice

I've been debating in my mind about how appropriate it was for his daughter to be one of the speakers. I believe she was too young, and her family should have told her - "No, you are not old enough".If she was 16 yrs old or older, then I would have been OK with her deciding to speak, otherwise the family made a poor decision.

:):):D:DA friend of mine thinks that Mahmoud Akmendinejad of Iran had him knocked off to turn attention of Americans away from Iran.

:D:D I wonder what Kim Jong Il's reason was :p

Many a truth is told in jest.

Here's another:Q: What is the difference between Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett? A: Farrah did majors, Michael did minors :dance::)

• Administrators

And another difference is poor Farrah got about 10 minutes news coverage and Michael's hasn't stopped yet! :evil:

I know. :evil: Did anyone see Larry King (or a snippet of it on the news)? Last night, Larry was wearing a hat much like Michael wore :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

I believe she was too young' date=' and her family should have told her - "No, you are not old enough".If she was 16 yrs old or older, then I would have been OK with her deciding to speak, otherwise the family made a poor decision.[/quote']The "experts" have weighed in on the subject. They disagree with me, no big surprise. I say they are a bunch of airheads. "...farewell speech to her father was an act of courage - and an important part of the healing process, child therapists said Wednesday."When you're going through the grieving process, if everybody else is talking but you don't get to say how you feel, it can hurt you inside," said parenting expert Meri Wallace. "It probably made her feel stronger. It will help her repair." Hilarious stuff. Always stop what you are doing when the 11 yr olds speak - they are more important than you. Quoted from here:http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/michael_jackson/2009/07/09/2009-07-09_a_poignant_farewell_let_paris_mourn__and_heal.html

I've been debating in my mind about how appropriate it was for his daughter to be one of the speakers. I believe she was too young' date=' and her family should have told her - "No, you are not old enough".If she was 16 yrs old or older, then I would have been OK with her deciding to speak, otherwise the family made a poor decision.[/quote']I agree. The same thing occured to me when I saw the footage. It must be traumatic enough at that age without your extended family goading you into making a speech live on stage (which is what it seemed to me they were doing). Any normal relatives would have let her leave the mic once it was clear that it was becoming too much for her. Then again they are a showbiz family so doing everything in the spotlight must seem normal to them.

• Administrators

If I recall correctly, Steve Irwin's son did the same thing at his funeral. Anyone else remember this?His wife was just about too broken up to look at the cameras.I think what had happened didn't really set in (understanding wise) to his son at that time.

If I recall correctly' date=' Steve Irwin's son did the same thing at his funeral. Anyone else remember this?[/quote']Wasn't that his daughter? Who now has a TV show and a million other things...

I know. :evil: Did anyone see Larry King (or a snippet of it on the news)? Last night' date=' Larry was wearing a hat much like Michael wore :rolleyes::thumbsdown:[/quote']That was Michael's hat. One of his friend's had it on the set and let Larry wear it.

• 1 month later...

MJ's final resting place is chosen.JACKO'S HEADED TO THE VIP TOMB, STAR-PACKED VAULT FOR THE KING OF POP

More than two months after Michael Jackson's shocking death, he'll take his third and final curtain call at a super-secure funeral in a mausoleum, where he'll spend eternity surrounded by Tinseltown's brightest stars. Jackson's final resting place is a crypt in the wall at the Holly Terrace section of the Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, Calif., just outside LA, sources said. The family had delayed burying Jackson for weeks, fearing that ghouls could try to desecrate the gravesite. But Forest Lawn officials have convinced the Jacksons he'll be safe in their Glendale graveyard because the mausoleum is loaded with security cameras, a family friend said. The public is allowed to visit only the entrance ...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08192009/news/nationalnews/jackos_headed_to_the_vip_tomb_185289.htmEdit: More NewsMICHAEL JACKSON'S DOCTOR TO BE CHARGED WITH MANSLAUGHTER: REPORThttp://www.nypost.com/seven/08192009/news/nationalnews/michael_jacksons_doctor_to_be_charged_wi_185363.htm