Name The 80's Tune Trivia

Vicechic84

Madness - "Our House"I guess this means my somewhat more challenging lyric a few posts back is off the menu.

Why would you think that VC? It's good to have a mix of all songs in all types of genres!:D Why don't you post the next one? Btw...Madness is correct!:thumbsup:

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vicechic84

• timm525

• Maria714

• Morgana

Kissin' you was not what I had plannedand now I'm not so sure just where I standI wasn't lookin' for true lovebut now you're lookin' at me

My sincerest apologizes Viceman Cometh. :cry: I read your reply to Paul's music quotes and accidentally overlooked the lyrics you posted. Me bad. I've reposted them below.

Cover my eyes and earstil it all disappearsHow can you judge for mewhat I should hear and see?:radio:

i have a bass guitar just like the one in the video. very rare guitar. small world...
Yes' date=' Canada's own Frozen Ghost' date=' "Should I See."[/quote'']not to get too chatty here, but here's a pic of my bass guitar like the one in the video. mine is fretless. now you all know what the my user id means :)Eingefügtes Bildi take note of any bassist who uses one, since it is so odd.

Kissin' you was not what I had plannedand now I'm not so sure just where I standI wasn't lookin' for true lovebut now you're lookin' at me

'All I Need' by 'Jack Wagner'?

Yup, it's Wags. I always wondered if the name nofretz referred to a fretless of guitar or was a "no worries" kinda thing. Now we know.

it was a double entendre. i had no worries in my brain and no frets on my bass at that time (18 years old).now i'm 29 and i have worries and frets both :)this is my current bass:Eingefügtes Bild1966 fender jazz (fretted). i still have the fretless, tho. it's retired.MV and the covers are a passion for me, but the bass guitar is my LIFE. i play upright bass, too.yep, we're officially chatty :)i'll attempt to bring us back to the topic here:what police song appeared on MV season 1. sting played his 1962 fender jazz bass on this recording ;)

Why do you keep a-comin' around playing with my heart why don't you get out of my life and let me make a brand new start let me get over you the way you've gotten over me, yeahGood Luck!

Right on Viceman!:clap:I've been meaning to tell you I've got this feelin' that won't subside I look at you and I fantasize You're mine tonight Now I've got you in my sights Good Luck!

Right on Viceman!:clap:I've been meaning to tell you I've got this feelin' that won't subside I look at you and I fantasize You're mine tonight Now I've got you in my sights Good Luck!
Eric Carmen -- "Hungry Eyes"Here's a stumper:I never did itNo' date=' I won't admit itwhy should I lie for you anymoreYou never loved mepushed and shoved me[/i']

That's a stumper for me Viceman. How about a little hint?

Yeah, this one is kinda tough. It's a male artist. The song was renowned enough that he lip-synched it on Solid Gold. I think it made the top 40. It was his only real hit, and it was a slight one at that. Great guitar-driven power pop tune. The artist went on to become a successful songwriter, writing stuff for Celine Dion and the boy bands. Which is weird, since his stuff sounded nothing like that. It came out somewhere in 83-84.

Even after all the info you provided above Viceman (thank you for that btw) I was still clueless as to the artist and tune. I finally gave in and googled it and I still didn't recognize it.:o I went via youtube to watch the 83' video and still didn't recognize it. You are right in saying that this artists music (with the guitar power tune) is very different from the people he went to go on to write for (Celine Dion and boy bands). So after my research (and with a lot of help from the net:cry:) it's "The Salt In My Tears by Martin Briley".

• Administrators

I have to admit that this is a new one for me. Never heard of the song or the artist! :confused:

I been working so hard Keep punching my card Eight hours, for what? Oh, tell me what I got I get this feeling That time's just holding me down I'll hit the ceiling Or else I'll tear up this town Good Luck!

I have to admit that this is a new one for me. Never heard of the song or the artist! :confused:

I wasn't trying to be intentionally arcane. I figured if someone here knew Frozen Ghost, someone would know Martin Briley. It's one of those songs that, in the past, when friends have heard it they go, "Oh, yeah, I reember that." Cool little tune.

Indeed it is Murphy's Law!:clap:I'd drive a million milesTo be with you tonightSo if youre feeling lowTurn up your radioThe words we use are strongThey make realityBut now the musics onOh baby dance with meGood Luck!

Indeed it is Murphy's Law!:clap:I'd drive a million milesTo be with you tonightSo if youre feeling lowTurn up your radioThe words we use are strongThey make realityBut now the musics onOh baby dance with meGood Luck!

"Everybody Have Fun Tonight" by Wang Chung

Good goin' Viceman!:cool:I must've dreamed a thousand dreamsBeen haunted by a million screamsBut I can hear the marching feetThey're moving into the street.Good Luck!

Good goin' Viceman!:cool:I must've dreamed a thousand dreamsBeen haunted by a million screamsBut I can hear the marching feetThey're moving into the street.Good Luck!

Land Of Confusion by Genesis.

Right you are Gina!:DSomebody told meBoy everything she wants is everything she seesI guess I must have loved youBecause I said you were the perfect girl for me, babyAnd now we’re six months olderAnd everything you want and everything you seeIs out of reach not good enoughGood Luck!