Miami Vice TV series on Blu-ray

DaytonVicer

Has anyone heard anything on a Blu-ray release? Furthermore, will all the music rights need to be secured again? This could hold things up.

• 2 months later...

No, Havent heard anything - but even though Blu Ray is taking off very slowly - Im sure a Complete Series MV on Blu Ray will happen. I predict around 2-3 years .Universal will not need to secure music rights again, I believe , so the transition should be relatively easy - just remastering the picture and sound again from when done in 2004/05.:)

• Administrators

Blu Ray holds something like 4 times what a normal CD holds so there should never be the need for a double sided disc. Whether Vice makes it to Blu Ray or not remains to be seen.I own a Blu Ray player but I'm still not convinced that everything looks better.

If something is filmed with low definition cameras, what is the advantage to a high-definition DVD?What a shame Sony's Blu-Ray won the standards war, major loss for consumers.

Miami Vice was shot on film. Shows shot on film can be remastered and upgraded to high-def, whereas a show shot on analog videotape (The Cosby Show, for example) would not be, because it is a low definition video production.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
Guest neworder

How long until you think Miami Vice Season 1 makes it to Blu-Ray?The original series of Star Trek can be had on Blu-Ray, not that I like Star TrekAlso Bond films inc the older one's from the 60's can also be found on Blu-RayI think in the next couple of years we'll see Miami Vice Season 1 getting a Blu-Ray release. I hope so anyway.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

anybody heard anything new about a BR release? is there any place one would be able to ask? I'm about to buy the box set on DVD and with my luck they will come out with the BR 4 weeks later:D not that I wouldnt buy it anyways... :)

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I suppose we will eventually get MV on bluray and its only possible if the show was filmed on film. The current season sets on dvd have good to ok quality when wathching on 40" HDTV and for player I use one of the best upscalers PS3. I think as good as we have them already, but once the proper remastering job is done for the bluray-format then the show would seem even better (if everything is done as its supposed to be done).I have been rewatching the series with my girlfriend (and going around mid season 4 at the moment) and it been really a pleasure. I saw most of the shows in 80's as they were originally shown, but some later seasons episodes I saw until during early 90's reruns.

If it ever makes it to Blu-Ray let's all keep our fingers crossed for isolated music tracks, like some other movies as a bonus feature for every episode :cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Would be fantastic-as much as i love my boxsets-some shots look really dirty-if ever a tv series deserved blu ray with the vivid colors it is miami vice.When i see vids on you tube some look crystal clear like hd-how are people achieving this?do they have filters or whatever?When i watch vice on my 40inch sony the picture mostly is not great(i know the more a picture needs to be stretched the quality suffers but i didnt think it would be this bad?)

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe that's why Miami Vice has been on sale at Best Buy all month. Maybe they're clearing out the old stuff to make room for a Blu ray release?

I've heard nothing about a blu-ray release and frankly I'd be amazed if they did. I DO know that the best place to ask is right here:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/If they don't know' date=' nobody does![/quote']Since the movie bombed and regular MV DVD's look so good, I wouldn't expect it soon. Blu-Rays have already decreased in price at video rental stores...just didn't do what they expected.:thumbsdown:Just remember rule number one...its always about the money!...Rule number two---when in doubt...refer to number one.:clap::clap:

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR="#800080"">

Since the movie bombed and regular MV DVD's look so good' date=' I wouldn't expect it soon. Blu-Rays have already decreased in price at video rental stores...just didn't do what they expected.:thumbsdown:Just remember rule number one...its always about the money!...Rule number two---when in doubt...refer to number one.[/color']:clap::clap:

Lets hope for a release - Friends has just been announced as complete series release on bd :D

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any way we could start a petition to NBC/Universal?  They're on iTunes, Netflix, and Hulu and we just hit 30 years...  A few other shows have released a pilot in HD, they could do one show to gauge interest.  Been waiting too long, just saying....

I think the major problem would be the music rights, I mean you see how bad they are about putting up a song on youtube for all to enjoy.

and with the music industry failing to make hits for the past couple of years, as according to one of my news boys the biggest hit they've had this year was from Taylor Smith of all people that might make the situation far worse

as everyone knows how greedy and nasty those guys can get when they arent pulling in the net like they want.

and theres an unexpected tie in to current events too, as with VIce City I remember reading in the credits or somewhere that the people they licenced that music from, was the Sony Corp, which included a few songs that were featured on vice.

Jan included I think, and then for san andreas they went with a different group for the music, which is why the soundtrack of that game frankly sucked save for the rap and soul stations, that and the DJ's were hair pullingly bad. 

as I hated when that guy talked over green onions, as its a cardinal sin to talk over a song when its still running in my book.

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

Yeah, it might be harder getting the music rights than it was 10 years ago or when the DVD's came out. They probably didn't get it licensed for life. Even Rockstar games had to remove some songs off the digital copies of Vice City on Steam and the 10th anniversary version for mobile devices.

The way the corporate world is today, everything is much more strict when it comes to copyrighted material, which disgusts me frankly. 

Oh and Kavinsky - Wolfman Jack spoke over Green Onions in American Graffiti, it's on the soundtrack album which I have. The most famous (greatest?) radio DJ of all time done it.

Taylor Swift's songs aren't even that great anymore, I kind of liked her when she used to do Country Rock, but rock doesn't get played on the pop music stations anymore if you haven't noticed.

I was watching Channel V and they had a '2004 top 50 countdown' on, and I was amazed at how many different genres there were in the charts only 10 years ago, it's ridiculous to think of how things are now. All you have now are crappy boy bands, pointless "music" with disgusting (and even more pointless) lyrics, dance music with annoying sounds, Nikki Minaj... Even rap is garbage now.  

The problem is that their targeted audience are teenage girls. It's all about getting their sales. It isn't about the music anymore, it's all about the business, which is very very sad!

Which also reminds me of this song from 1998

/end rant

• Like 1

Someone needs to ask Mann at a Blackhat conference if there's MV bluray in the works.

Or if not then suggesting there should be one, atleast for the first two seasons.

Nah James I ment, well just listen to the game recording, the begining and end of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzPd16Fs64Q

like god damn it, way to ruin the feeling of the song rockstar with the midget and sexual crap, and I hate how sometimes on the radio here just as theres about 40 seconds left of the song they start talking over it, and then cut out the last 20 to jump to the next song.

that's what I ment by that, and alice cooper does a very good job DJ'ing the rockstation here late at night.

Edited by Kavinsky