Miami Vice TV series on Blu-ray

DaytonVicer

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I thought we all agreed the Blu Ray video quality was better. ?(

The quality IS better. :birdie:

I also LOVE the original Universal tag at the end of each episode. It's a really nice touch of nostalgia. 

21 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

I got this set for my birthday.  I was a bit disappointed comparing it to the DVD set I already had.  I know the video quality wouldn't be better but I expected better menus and at least an episode summary like the DVD release had.  There really isn't a lot of value in this set unless you want fewer discs and have blu-ray players everywhere you intend to watch.  I would have stuck with DVD but I was missing a couple of discs, hence the Blu-ray set buy.

It depends on the quality of your equipment and the size of your screen, and crucially, how all that is set up. Rather than say the same thing I've said a couple of times about that here in the problems thread, I may as well link to this post as it might be useful for you to get more value from the Blu-rays;

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

incredible news today on Elephant films FB page. a french blu-ray pack is planned for dec. 4th. they claim a 0 audio error version, with french subtitles, alongside with french audio of course, and exclusive bonuses. will be sold on Fnac site only as a collector edition, alongside with a small edition sold on Elephant films, in a small quantity

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jpm1 said:

incredible news today on Elephant films FB page. a french blu-ray pack is planned for dec. 4th. they claim a 0 audio error version, with french subtitles, alongside with french audio of course, and exclusive bonuses. will be sold on Fnac site only as a collector edition, alongside with a small edition sold on Elephant films, in a small quantity

Oh good so it’s happening then - this will be the best release in terms of quality then I would think... but odd artwork here!:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elephant films MV Blu-ray 1st promo trailer. they also said they found an original stereo audio version which will also be included, and released to the public for the 1st time. i don't really know what they are talking about. maybe some vicers can"t enlight us about this.? announced for just before chrismas. there will be 3 versions. a collector's edition sold at Fnac only. a basic version sold everywhere. and a version per season

Edited by jpm1
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, jpm1 said:

they also said they found an original stereo audio version which will also be included, and released to the public for the 1st time. i don't really know what they are talking about. maybe some vicers can"t enlight us about this.?

Looking at the FNAC listing, it seems they probably mean the stereo French audio. So it seems the only edition offering English stereo is the US versions. The UK and now FR just doing English 5.1

However, good on Elephant for stating they have sorted the 5.1 errors, hope they have. And also doing new extras and full French subtitling, seems like it's been treated with more respect than any other Blu-ray version yet :)

3 hours ago, jpm1 said:

i'm pretty sure i read new original audio. but sadly i have no time to check right now. maybe later :thumbsup:

Spec says, via google translate, "VO Stereo unpublished in France on seasons 2 to 5" - which I assumed to be about French dubs. But if it's the original English stereo, that has me much more interested in this. Does anyone have Facebook to ask them about it (I don't)? :)

guy asking on FB:

- 3 fois le prix de la version Blu-Ray US... Est-ce que les problèmes de son, de la VO, apparaissent également sur les Blu-Rays de ce coffret.?

translation: 3x US Blu-ray version price? Do the original version sound problems appear on the Blu-rays of that pack too.?

ElephantFilms (talking of the Fnac edition):

- Non, nous avons réglé tous les soucis lié à la 5.1, retrouvé les versions stéréo, réalisé intégralement un sous-titrage VF, sans oublié la VF et réalisé des bonus exclusifs pour cette édition (dont une interview de Michael Mann sur la série). Il nous est impossible au vu des coûts de production de baisser le prix si nous voulons offrir une édition aussi qualitatif. Il ne faut pas non plus oublier que la cible est beaucoup plus importantes aux USA qu'en France...

translation: No, we fixed all the 5.1 issues. found back the stereo versions, made a full french subtitle, without forgetting the french version and made exclusive bonuses for that version (including a Michael Mann interview about the series). It's impossible for us to lower the price if we want to provide a version of such quality. One shouldn't forget neither, that the target is much more important in the USA, than in France...

Fnac special edition is announced at 149E

Yes, but the FNAC product spec is;

Langue 1
anglais
5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
Langue 2
français
2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio

So as I say, if anyone is on Facebook and can ask them for clarification, that would be great :)

6 hours ago, jpm1 said:

i'm pretty sure i read new original audio. but sadly i have no time to check right now. maybe later :thumbsup:

Good to know!

1 hour ago, bodie said:

Yes, but the FNAC product spec is;

Langue 1
anglais
5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

i think they are simply refering to the highest quality available. but there will be a stereo included too. i'll ask them if i have the oportunity. or you can also wait till i buy it upon release, and tell you ;)

22 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

i think they are simply refering to the highest quality available. but there will be a stereo included too. i'll ask them if i have the oportunity. or you can also wait till i buy it upon release, and tell you ;)

Great to know jpm1 will you definately buy this French set? 

1 hour ago, jpm1 said:

Yeah but French stereo, as I quoted from the spec.

I would love to know that English stereo is there too.

If anyone here has Facebook, Elephant are answering questions, would be good to get an answer :)

14 hours ago, jpm1 said:

i asked... will edit that post if i get an answer :thumbsup:

And they've said it's there!! I'm now much more interested in this version. Thanks so much for asking :dance2:

• Like 1

For those who are not French speakers, the big booklet will of course be in French so maybe wait for the non-exclusive version which they say will be on amazon.fr. That will be the same discs, but not the book and not the big box :)

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 10:21 PM, jpm1 said:

i asked... will edit that post if i get an answer :thumbsup:

@Matt5: your question is offending :)

edit: the answer is yes

Looks a brilliant set 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, SwissTubbs said:

I hope they dont have the black crush as did the UK Blu Rays.
UK Company mastered it in the wrong color Space.

It wasn't that. They just enhanced the contrast and colours too much. But the US release was too little and had an old faded look to it. In my opinion the UK one is improved in some scenes, but other scenes I agree that it's too much.