miamijimf

Episode 36 One Way Ticket

C Glide

Found. Long suspected of being California stock footage, the exterior establishing shot of the PD. It is the West Hollywod PD.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Like 1

Pink Flaming0

When I think about how amazing your work is with finding locations, you go and kick it up another notch. Great, great find. :clap::thumbsup:

Matt5
West Los Angeles Community PD at 1663 Butler Avenue at the Iowa / Butler Avenue intersection , Los Angeles ( near Westwood ). This location was obviously stock footage doing the rounds from other big 80s shows such as " Murder She Wrote " and "Dynasty" .Nice Picture - http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=west+los+angeles+community+butler+avenue&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=2ABF0D7D8AEB30C7D5494B6359CA4F782770CBA4&selectedIndex=6
  • Like 1

Matt5

Rewatched this episode last nite - great locations and a few LA stock footage locations I visited last year in Los Angeles.

The Butler Avenue Police Deaprtment is unchanged - and in the 1980s was standard stock footage as a Police Department in shows such as "Hunter" and "Dynasty" - a few directors on Miami Vice also worked on those two shows I noticed.:dance2:

• Like 1

airtommy

Three unknown clips in the boat chase:

One_Way1.png

That building is Artie's condo in "Heart of Darkness", so that puts Sagot's boat northwest of Biscayne Island at the west end of the Venetian Causeway.

One_Way2.png 

That house is 3541 Flamingo Drive.  Notice the chimney in the middle:  http://binged.it/22XaKSF 

One_Way3.png

That house is 3017 Flamingo Drive:  http://binged.it/1X59YvT 

• Like 2

C Glide

Great job again. Cheers. I will update my site shortly.

Matt5

Great work !

airtommy
On 4/25/2011 at 7:01 AM, C Glide said:

I have posted this episode on my location web site. Check it out at http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

I was flipping channels and watched a few minutes of "Kojak" with Telly Savalas.  It was Season 2 Episode 19 "Night of the Piraeus".  All of a sudden I see an exterior shot of a place called "Fein Gallery" with a yellow awning extending out from the entrance.  It looked very much like what we see in "One Way Ticket":

feingallery.png.5ab7cfdbb7f25db3ebc3b707099387a8.png

Kojak was mostly filmed on studio backlots in Los Angeles, but they also did some filming in New York.  Since this was just a setup shot, it could be either. I don't remember if the windows and lamps were there in the Kojak scene.  It would be great if somebody could watch this on Hulu or some other website and save a screenshot of the camera shot from Kojak so we can compare.

• Like 1

Matt5
15 hours ago, airtommy said:

I was flipping channels and watched a few minutes of "Kojak" with Telly Savalas.  It was Season 2 Episode 19 "Night of the Piraeus".  All of a sudden I see an exterior shot of a place called "Fein Gallery" with a yellow awning extending out from the entrance.  It looked very much like what we see in "One Way Ticket":

feingallery.png.5ab7cfdbb7f25db3ebc3b707099387a8.png

Kojak was mostly filmed on studio backlots in Los Angeles, but they also did some filming in New York.  Since this was just a setup shot, it could be either. I don't remember if the windows and lamps were there in the Kojak scene.  It would be great if somebody could watch this on Hulu or some other website and save a screenshot of the camera shot from Kojak so we can compare.

Interesting stuff !

C Glide

Wow, I am going to have to check that out.

airtommy

Kojak was a Universal show just like Miami Vice, so it would make sense if they used stock footage from the Universal library.

• Like 1

Matt5
1 hour ago, airtommy said:

Kojak was a Universal show just like Miami Vice, so it would make sense if they used stock footage from the Universal library.

Nice to see you posting again airtommy :cheers: