'Another' Replica on EBay

jcm8002204

Well, here's another...bad interior, but the body looks OK....question whether $30k is necessary....a '76 donor car......love how he claims to have $82k in it...He may need a bailouteBay Item 230357346345

Looks clean and well put together.Two things wrong...I don't like the seats as they are incorrect, along with the dashboard and its an Automatic!!! YUK!Just my two cents...Other than that I love it! Nicely built and detailed, especially underneath!

• 3 weeks later...
Looks clean and well put together.Two things wrong...I don't like the seats as they are incorrect' date=' along with the dashboard and its an Automatic!!! YUK!Just my two cents...Other than that I love it! Nicely built and detailed, especially underneath![/quote']+1 on all that

• Administrators

First of all, 82K?Second, why would you put 12K in the interior and then put in the wrong seats?Nice car though.

• Administrators

That's a valid question.But if he was trying to replicate the MV car and he put 12K (allegedly) into the interior, don't you think he would have put in the "right" seats too?

But if you're trying to replicate the MV car' date=' doesn't it HAVE to be automatic?[/quote']Any vehicle with an automatic in it is just a "Grocery getter" as far as I'm concerned. A sports car, especially a convertible, must be DRIVEN!:sick:

But if you're trying to replicate the MV car' date=' doesn't it HAVE to be automatic?[/quote']i thought the mv car was a standard. i remember several scenes where crockett is shifting gears in the daytona. was there an automatic one, too?

• Administrators

Ummm...not that I'm aware of. I don't recall him shifting gears in the Daytona. You did HEAR a lot of gear shifting sounds of the motor.

i thought the mv car was a standard. i remember several scenes where crockett is shifting gears in the daytona.

I thought the exact same thing, until I was told otherwise and watched the eps again!

dang, just ANOTHER reason to watch the whole first 2 seasons again ;)just when you think you know everything...my covers do sound like jan hammer, right? :)

No Fretz...It was actually an automatic. In one scene I saw Sonny actually drop it into drive (You can see the rear end drop as usual for any C3 type vehicle) and speed away(sorry can't remember what episode) but you are correct that there were many episodes where the sound effects were that of a standard. Check out Calderones Return, and as Sonny and Rico come into the front entrance of OCB you can clearly hear the downshifting and engine revs as he pulls into the station house. The car unfortunatley was definitely an automatic.Hollywood...smoke screens and mirrors...................oh yeh...and sound effects.Sorry to burst your bubble.

oh i'm convinced, i just can't believe i was wrong for so long.i'd seen sonny down-shift and pull out a lot, but some ferraris shift down to first. i guess that's what threw me.http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:YgWiyVy0tAkpcM:http://www.myownferrari.co.uk/images/Stuff%2520for%2520sale/Gear%2520Knob.jpgthe glossary article by jurrasic narc clearly shows and states it being an automatic though. and i'd read that article! i guess i just overlooked that sentence about the interior and transmission.http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:FzT04DnqcyaoGM:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4Gp6ruvh2bQ/R6x9DYE228I/AAAAAAAABNo/eQGF_WlUL3M/s320/DA.jpg

• Administrators
No Fretz...It was actually an automatic. In one scene I saw Sonny actually drop it into drive (You can see the rear end drop as usual for any C3 type vehicle) and speed away(sorry can't remember what episode) but you are correct that there were many episodes where the sound effects were that of a standard. Check out Calderones Return' date=' and as Sonny and Rico come into the front entrance of OCB you can clearly hear the downshifting and engine revs as he pulls into the station house. The car unfortunatley was definitely an automatic.Hollywood...smoke screens and mirrors...................oh yeh...and sound effects.Sorry to burst your bubble.[/quote']I'm thinking that was Buddies when he chased after Robbie towards the end of the ep.

now that i think about it, in all the daytona chase scenes, crockett never reaches for the gear shift (that i can remember), and in the testarossa scenes, he's shifting constantly.

I'm thinking that was Buddies when he chased after Robbie towards the end of the ep.

Yes I also agree I think that's the one. I'll have to watch it tonight.By the way there No fretz, the new Ferrari was definitely a stick car. (the white one)

yeah, i had visual confirmation on that one--clutch and all (stone's war).on the daytona shifting scene in question above, i just saw that myself within the past cupla days, which means it was one of these: milk run, home invaders, whatever works. maybe home invaders when castillo is in the car?