DanJ and his Band- the Shindigs

miamijimf

Saw our own DanJ's Band perform last night at a restaurant/club called "Porky's Revenge" at Marco Island. He and his band are really good. Thought his many friends would get a kick out of watching him perform so here is a link to his Band's video promo.

Can you spot him in the Beatle's getup? Porky's is a nice place, nothing like the dive in the movie. And no I didn't run into Ms. Ballbrecker, thank the Lord. Marco Island is off Fla's W. Coast, South of Naples. When I was a teenager the Island was a wilderness with only a small fishing camp but it's now a huge town, high rises, etc. I took some video of several songs featuring Dan as the lead singer with a cheap digital camera. The video quality is not good enough to post on the forum but if you want to see it send me a PM. I've got to buy a decent camcorder one of these days.

Hey Jim, thanks for posting that video! DanJ & his band are excellent, which I've known for years, but it's good to see them perform. Did you just happen to be there at the same time or did Dan give you his schedule?

Did you just happen to be there at the same time or did Dan give you his schedule?

Seems like we just need to ask Dan to put the schedule of gigs right here on the website. How about it? :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Dan sent me one of his CDs a while back. Great stuff! I can only imagine it's better in person!

I got the chance to watch him play in Southbeach last year. Baron Samedi and I literally just got to our hotel and checked in and we went out to get something to eat, and Dan literally just passed us in his car as we were walking out of the hotel. He gave us a lift to Lincoln Road and we gave him a hand with his equipment into the bar. However due to jetlag (my body thought it was about 5am), and about 12 hours non stop travelling, I had to crash out at the hotel without getting to see him play :cry:

I got the chance to watch him play in Southbeach last year. Baron Samedi and I literally just got to our hotel and checked in and we went out to get something to eat' date=' and Dan literally just passed us in his car as we were walking out of the hotel. He gave us a lift to Lincoln Road and we gave him a hand with his equipment into the bar. However due to jetlag (my body thought it was about 5am), and about 12 hours non stop travelling, I had to crash out at the hotel without getting to see him play :cry:[/quote']Papa I thought people traveling in a coffin would escape jetlag. :rolleyes:

Lol. Well this is true. That Tetrodotoxin certainly knocks you out. Doesn't do much good for the brain though. Although people often say to me that using that stuff means that I'm not exactly starting out Nobel prize material!