Season 5 out in Oz...at last

fakespyder

HiAny fellow Australians, just a heads-up that Season 5 is out and in stores (I picked it up at JBHiFi).The cover-art is the same as UK I think (looks like season 3) and the episode order is out of whack toward the end... But at least its out.:thumbsup:cheers

Finally! Pity I have to wait til Christmas to get mine, don't have enough cash at the moment. I thought they'd never release it! Now my Vice collection can be complete.

Guest neworder

So have the previous seasons been US Style, and now for the final season they've made it UK style? lol sound a bit random.I know you guys down there have been waiting ages, wonder why its taken that long? Seasons 3/4 had similar release dates in AU as UK (well within a few months of each other rather than years).

My word... I think if I had to wait for years in between Mirror Image and Hostile Takeover I'd have to resort to desperate measures to get hold of the Season 5 DVD's... Enjoy the end of the Burnett saga my Australian friends!

Very good! Enjoy it guys! I thought that WE were the ones always behind other countries in DVD releases... :)I too noticed that the episode order is different towards the end, but it's nothing compared to the way Universal released MV here. :evil:

• Administrators

The cover-art is the same as UK I think (looks like season 3) and the episode order is out of whack toward the end... But at least its out.:thumbsup:cheers

When you say the episodes are out of order do you mean chronologically or the way they were broadcast?

The final episode Freefall actually was the final episode when Miami Vice S5 aired in Sydney in 89-90.On the DVD there are 4 episodes that follow Freefall:World of troubleMiracle ManLeap of faithToo much too lateBack in 1990 these episodes ran before Freefall.We were always one season behind the U.S. shows back then. The only advantage of that was they could sort out the chronology correctly. I'm glad they did. Freefall was a great way to end.

I wish they hadn't even made leap of faith...Miracle man is terribly executed - I still think if they'd done it the right way it could've been a lot better.Too much too late you can understand why it might've had to be left out due to (at the time) risque subject matter.For me the pick of the bunch - an excellent ep actually - is World of Trouble - wish they'd have swapped that with something like the Cell Within - for my money it's one of the strongest eps in Season 5 and deserved a 'proper' place in the original airings.

Guest neworder

For me the pick of the bunch - an excellent ep actually - is World of Trouble - wish they'd have swapped that with something like the Cell Within - for my money it's one of the strongest eps in Season 5 and deserved a 'proper' place in the original airings.

Agreed. Outstanding episode.

• Administrators

The final episode Freefall actually was the final episode when Miami Vice S5 aired in Sydney in 89-90.On the DVD there are 4 episodes that follow Freefall:World of troubleMiracle ManLeap of faithToo much too lateBack in 1990 these episodes ran before Freefall.

So they went for the order they were shown in the U.S. Very strange since our U.S. season 5 sets have been corrected with "Freefall" last.